Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-28-20, 09:40 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Standing Legs.... DONE! ow.

I have avoided this workout because I remember how tough it is, and every time I look up reviews, it's about how tough it is. So, I looked at the time on it... 39 minutes? I can do that. I grabbed my 15's, didn't do any of the upper body reps, instead, if there was knee lifts or something I would use it to tap out my legs and didn't do the weight movements for upper body. Also on the lunges with a bicep, I just did lunges. I also paused between pretty much every set. The workout ended up clocking in at an hour with all that!! HA!

It was good though. In a strange, I am killing myself with this way, I enjoyed it. I was sweating so much it was dripping on my step in my last set of leg presses. I was totally out of breath, and seriously the last 2 hover squats of the whole workout, I had to do without weights because even though I know the workout (vol 5 I think it is) so I knew these were the last few hover squats, I just couldn't' do it with weights. It was so good!! I loved it. I bet I feel this one later and tomorrow.

We are meeting the lady up the street and her kids to go on a walk in about an hour and a half, which I am hoping is a slow walk since the kids are with us.

Yesterday we organized a bunch of stuff that's been sitting in front of the garage (our christmas lights, some miscellaneous things that don't seem to have a home, tools, some heavy machine things DH has that I don't know what they are) and we spent about 3 hours doing that. Today I plan on finishing that. Hopefully I keep my motivation up and can go through the shed a bit by the weekend. Tomorrow is the funeral, so I will lose that productive day, but it's for a very good reason.

So my BF is talking about bringing a wagon, stroller, something else, something else... then she wants me to take her daughter from the church to the cemetery so she can pick her up from there. I'm thinking, my sister is dropping off LB's bike and that'll be in the car, I don't have room for 4 or 5 modes of transportation!! I might bring my fold up wagon and just call it good. I know what it's like to leave your kid and be worried the other person will be annoyed with them, so I'm trying to walk the fine line of "we will be fine!" and letting her feel better about it all with the entertainment.

Eventmom: I know your cleaning lady was trying to be good, however... whaaat? making the bed? Nope. I guess if she's there cleaning she was already over the house and if she had it, it's in the house. However, for some reason that seems different to me. I don't know why, but it does!!!

I keep joking that we should get some $17 airplane tickets and go somewhere this summer. But I know I won't. I can't imagine flying. However, I am not looking forward to DH flying for his job when he has to start again. He has lung issues, and he's more likely to have complications if he catches something. I figure we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

I would plan on just taking the horse trailer with sleeping quarters if I were you!! Even for cheap airline tickets, I can't see that it would be worth it!!

Ebianco: Hoping you are doing good!! Keep up the workouts and stay healthy!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 09:55 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

30 min essentrics stretch + 8 min kundalini yoga
did a meditation - made my headache worse. that so pisses me off.

buzzer - yeah on the bed - it's that you breathe on stuff and the virus can be there. I will risk it for the rest of the house, but just didn't want it on my bedding. that's me, it may be only mildly logical. but she always makes the bed, pisses off my husband because we use totally different covers - I need like 3x what he does - but I can only deal with so much. Mostly if she comes again I need to tell her do what you can in 3 hours so I can get back inside. but, yeah, first world problems. I have no idea if anyone else is paying her. DH talked to her for a few minutes and she's really bored stuck at home. She usually work as a waitress and cleans houses.
on the horse trailer - it's really tiny but at least I wouldn't have to risk a hotel room either.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 05:23 AM  
Buzzer

Leslie 5 mile walk... Think it was walk slim... DONE!

So I was reading the thread about "who does 5 miles all at once?" and I thought, I do! I never thought about being bored! HA! On this one, I do mile 1 as a warm up, as written, mile 2 as a light jog, mile 3 and 4 on my bosu (side steps I do an over the top of the bosu, walk forward and back are jog up and down like the Firm does, regular "walk walk walk" is done on the bosu as a light jog... stuff like that. I kinda use it like I would a simple step workout),I used my bosu like a trampoline. I have it deflated a bit so it's bouncy. Then mile 5 I use as a cool down. I don't get 10,000 steps, but I get 8,000 something, which is good too!

I got in 17,500 steps-ish both Tuesday and Wednesday, so yesterday I took the day off from working out. I wasn't tired or really needing it, but I felt like I could, so I did!!

It has been a super crazy week, and next week looks lower key (for now). Mostly I think the funeral kinda threw me off. I actually had to fill up my car twice this week!! However, now I think this tank of gas will last me a month again. The stay at home orders are supposed to be lifted I think on the 11th, although I bet they are extended. However, I will probably still hang out at home for a while. I got a lot of yard cleanup done this week too, which has taken some time (we have 2 1/2 acres to clear and lots of pine needles and pine cones).

the good news is that we usually are sick at least a few times until spring and summer burns it all away, and this year we haven't been sick in January! Not even a sniffle. It's been kinda nice, actually!

I think this week I am going to do Cathe's Gym Styles, which is a 3 day split. I don't know why, I just am! HA! When I decided to do splits to give myself some extra recovery time, I went through my workouts and pulled out all the split routines I had... you know, just in case I needed to go search for more
I found I have a lot of them!! So I am going to make my way through them too. I am a weight lifter at heart, so it's kinda exciting for me. I have done 41 Firms though, and will continue my Firm count as I do them.

Eventmom: it has been in the 70's and 80's here! Although this weekend we are supposed to get some rain and it'll dip down to the pleasant 60's. We literally have been outside from sunup to sundown.

Hi Ebianco!! Take care!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 05-01-20, 02:35 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

wed 0 TA 1.3.3 level 2 day 1 + star trainers cardio
thursday - day 2 TA + boot camp boogie for cardio

I was really excited to get back to TA then ...
today - nada I was up all night sick. I honestly don't think it's covid but instead something I ate (raspberries) and it made me really sick. so no riding today. hopefully I'll perk up tomorrow.

buzzer - oklahoma is reopening while our death rate climbs, I don't get it I resent the armed protestors storming legislatures. So if everyone goes out I have to stay in longer. I have no idea when I would be willing to sit down in a restaurant. Glad your family is staying safe but finding ways to interact.

hi ebianco!
Old 05-02-20, 05:11 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe Gym Style chest and Triceps... DONE!

Usually I lift what Cathe lifts, but this one I dropped down one size in weights. She grabbed 20's, I grabbed 15's. The pushups at the beginning... she starts with a set of 16, then does 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2. She did them all on her toes, with minimal rest between, and talked during them. I did them on the blue portion of the fanny lifter, paused between every set, did them on my own so I could go slower/struggle more, and the only talking I did was grunting and the cussing in my head. The workout itself was excellent, and I really felt like I did when I worked out at the gym! I was shaking on most of the reps, and I knew I would feel this one for a few days.

Yesterday I didn't feel it too much, however today I am feeling it. Not in a "I can't lift my arms or do anything!" kinda way, but more in a "wow, I haven't been this sore in a while!" Kinda way. I love it!! I am debating if I am going to do the gym style legs today, or a cardio day. I will definitely need an extra day... or two... or three... between doing chest and tris and back/bis/delts!!!

We spent too much time outside yesterday. I ended up burnt, even after putting on sunscreen, but I apparently didn't reapply in time. LB got burnt on her arms. I am annoyed, but we always get burnt at least once a year, so I have to just let it go. I was sunburnt lots when I was a kid, so I remind myself once a year compared to what I did as a kid is a drop in the bucket.

I had insomnia bad last night. I fell asleep at about 9, after fighting off falling asleep since 7:30. Then I woke up at 1:50am, and here I am. Still awake and ready to go. I don't have anything planned today except cleaning the house (it's supposed to be overcast and rainy, so good day for it!) so I can take a nap later. I hate that. Glad I don't have a full day planned though!

Eventmom: Sick!!? How can you get sick during a quarantine?? HA! I'm sure it's something you ate. I just can't imagine staying at home and getting sick. That would make me so mad!! I hope you get over it quick. As long as it's something you ate, it should be over quick as your body processes it.

Hi Ebianco!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 05-02-20, 03:37 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

classical stretch 30 minutes from miranda's old set but an oldy but goody to me.

rode - I can walk my horse, canter up on my knees but no trotting! My gut still hurts.

Buzzer - I honestly think it was something I ate. I've had similar issues in the past. sorry about your sunburn but I'm sure it is less than it would have been if you hadn't used sunscreen! and sleep - did your burn hurt?

hi ebianco!
Old 05-04-20, 05:12 AM  
Buzzer

I thought I checked in since chest and triceps... nope. so..
Leslie 4 mile walk... DONE!
Cathe Gym Style Legs... DONE!

So the walk, I did the first mile as written with a little bit of light jog, then mile 2 and 3 on the bosu, mile 4 light jog and as written. It was really fun! I am having fun coming up with new ways to use the bosu, and it's been really nice. The miles go fast. I am doing side steps either by doing over the top of the bosu, or alternating step down to the side, or straddle the bosu down then back up. I am doing the walk back and forward with run run up and down, and regular walk walk walk on top of the bosu as a jog with my bosu slightly deflated. It's Fun! Sometimes I try to figure out what I will do as an athletic drill, or for a more fancy aerobic feel, or more of just a strength drill. I am enjoying the Leslies just for how I'm changing it up.

I remember when I would do them as written, I would be bored, my feet would hurt, and usually my joints would too. Now I feel pretty good and sweaty afterwards.

The gym style legs were pretty much overkill. The chest and Triceps workout was sooo good, and this one was pretty flat. It seemed like she did stuff just to do it, and changed things just to get soreness but not really to work you. I did gym workouts for YEARS, and would never have done this workout. I would have laughed at it!! Seriously, in the gym if you get through the standing portion, it's a good workout. I think next time I will just do the standing portion, and maybe repeat it.

Actually, I would probably do the standing work and if I felt like I needed more, I would do it again. However, I think if I heavied up on the weights, doing the standing work would be enough. I should not have anything left in the tank for what felt like a whole 'nother workout on the floor!! I think this could easily be an add on to a leg day where I felt like I needed more.

I did like the hamstring curls on the ball and hip raises, because I felt it a lot in my abs. Since gym styles are kinda low on the ab work, I guess I kinda like those two exercises and do them as abs. I did NOT do the single leg work... I had enough trouble trying to hold my hips in the air while moving my legs with both on the ball, there's no WAY I have the strength to do single legs!!

Overall, a good workout, but not a gym style workout.

Today I will do a cardio again (probably Leslie or I kinda want to do ballroom aerobics) and tomorrow I will finish out the gym styles with back, bis, delts. I am debating doing it a second time through since now I know the workouts a bit more and can make the adjustments to do them right. That's why I like knowing the workouts so well, like I know the Firms!!

I still have the problem of blowing up during the day. I need to try to drink more water and see if that helps. I start out thinking "I don't look to bad" and end the day looking 6 months pregnant. No matter whether I eat well, eat all paleo, eat too much, don't eat enough, whatever.... I still puff up like that by the end of the day. I need to try to drink more water and see if that helps. I hate looking at my hands and thinking "is the me?? where did that come from?? I look swollen!!"

I was always so in shape, it's still hard for me to see myself and realize.. that's me!!

We got a lot of yard work done this weekend. The house is a mess, but the yard is looking better!!

Eventmom: I hope you feel better now! My burn didn't hurt, just felt uncomfortable. I don't know if that contributed to my lack of sleep or not. I am really a crappy sleeper so I'm sure that played a part in it. I ended up taking about a 2 hour nap on Saturday, so that was good. Kinda kills the day though because after a nap I feel out of sorts and icky! I am still trying to crack my sleep code!

Ebianco: Hi!! I hope your knee is still doing good and you are enjoying your new house still. We are slowly getting things done with the new garage, then hopefully I have the same resort feeling you do!!! HA!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 05-04-20, 01:21 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - ttapp basic + & a 20 min cardio I found on youtube
today - about 15 min of karen voight cardio then ballet barre dvd

buzzer- I actually rode both horses today so I'm feeling better, not 100% but close. I hear you on the weight thing, I'm not what I'm eating that is causing this. I workout pretty hard, take care of horses, etc. anyway it's so frustrating! once this semester ends I hope to get some work done around my house and my fields but until then I'm just keeping my head above water.

hi ebianco!
Old 05-05-20, 06:39 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe Low Max without the step... DONE!

The step confuses me, and I am always sure I will break my ankle (and have come close too many times!). I looked at my Leslies and Firms... especially ballroom aerobics... but decided to try something different. I have so many workouts, and so many Cathe's I haven't done, so I decided to try low max without the step. It actually wasn't too bad! Probably about as hard as a Leslie without the step, but about 50% more confusing. I am glad I didn't have the step, because I surely would have hurt myself.

It was a good floor routine though. I enjoyed it! She does 7 "blasts" of squats, leg lifts, whatever. I just changed it to cardio stuff. I did jogging in place, skaters, step side to side, mambos, just whatever during her blasts. I kept it cardio. Before, that would have put me off of the workout (which I'm sure it did last time I did it) because I don't necessarily like to stop and do body weight exercises when it's a cardio workout. But, I am finding I am modifying things to fit me rather than trying to do everything as written, so it was good!

I did trip up a lot on some of her step routines. I really think Cathe assumes everyone is a "Cathelete!!" and has a ton of Cathe experience. She at one point was suddenly "turn step over the top with a step up slide shimmy around the world and over your step and walk."or something like that. Then they do this big fancy whatever, it's all complicated, and they all have it and assume I have it and I was staring at the TV doing a march and trying not to trip on myself. I had to make things up a lot.

I wasn't dying, but I did get in about 8,000 steps so it was movement.

We didn't do much yesterday. DH got me some new deck boxes, those bench things you can store cushions in. I had bought all new cushions for our outdoor furniture, so now I can store them. LB has claimed one, and she has the cushions all arranged in it with blankets and stuffed animals. She spent a lot of time in it yesterday. It's pretty big, 120 gallons. We both sat in it and had a tea party yesterday. While we were, the UPS guy showed up. LB went to get our UPS box, and the UPS guy was petting the dogs through the fence. He gave the box to LB then said "Have a good dog!!" and laughed.... and said "what was that?? I meant have a good day!! HAHA!" I was sitting in the box still on the deck. As the UPS guy drove by I heard him say "What is that? A jack in the box? What the heck...?" and laughed. I kept giggling at both comments. I was thinking of what he saw, a grown woman sitting in a deck box alone. that made me laugh!

Eventmom; glad you are doing better and getting some riding in. The weather has been cool and mild here, I hope it stays like that!! Our weather usually kinda mirrors yours, so hopefully you are enjoying the weather too.

Hi Ebianco! Enjoy your house! Good time for stay at home orders, huh!!!???!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 05-05-20, 10:22 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics 30 min, it's a connective tissue workout they unlocked on youtube. I liked it. Also, about 8 minutes ravi & ana.

buzzer- it was in the 90s yesterday but will be much cooler through the weekend. my final is later today once I get through that it's grading then done with teaching. Oklahoma is opening up so that is actually making me want to be more careful. Too many people think not wearing a mask is a constitutional right (i mean you can be required to a shirt and shoes in a store but a mask is just too damn much?)

eta: I have found that some step workouts are okay without the step but not all, I never could get into cathe, tried not for me and her cardio is way too complex for me.

hi ebianco!