Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-20, 09:26 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of October 18

My workout yesterday was ICE Lower Body Blast + core.

Gibbee - Thinking of you.

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 10:07 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off JBliff. Rest day for me. Yesterday Judi and I ran 8
8 miles using 90 second run/30 second walk intervals. Running and being outdoors has been perfect for stress management.

Jbliff and Cher our office of course had and has a mask policy. We are a large family practice group and part of a corporation and we have policy and HR. But our medical assistants just wore their masks when they came in direct contact with patients. When sitting at their desks they did not wear masks. Our front office staff rarely wore them once they got plexiglass shields up front. Our manager did not enforce the policy. So of course with hundreds of people coming into our office over a week’s time it was inevitable. My office is separate and down the hall and I wear my mask at all times unless I am eating or drinking. All patients must wear masks. Sigh...

Gibbee we are thinking of you and we are here for you. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 06:11 AM  
Cher

Workout Friday was the Leg section of Kathy Smith’s Staying Strong and IDTV F&B Foundations. Saturday’s workout was the Warm-up and combos 1 & 2 of Cathe’s Cardio and Weights and combos 1-4 of Party Rockin Step #1. Yesterday it was chilly and I felt lazy so took it as a rest day.

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off.

Karen - That has to be so stressful working in that type of environment.

Gibbee - ((Hugs)) Thinking of you. Like Karen said, we’re here for you.

Waves Vannie.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 07:23 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

3 mile run this am and some UB with Cathe band. Glad Monday is done.

Gibbee sending you and your DD virtual hugs.

Kareng
Old 10-20-20, 12:12 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was an 80-minute hike with DH on a local trail in the morning + LITE Stacked UB + extended stretch in the afternoon.

Waves to all.
Old 10-20-20, 07:36 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. 5 mile run this am. I am switching over to morning workouts because it will soon be dark after work for running.

I got notification on Saturday that my Cathe DVDs were being shipped. Hope to get them maybe tomorrow.

Gibbee I have really enjoyed seeing the pictures of you and Darrell from your high school days that you posted on FB. What a sweet, cute couple.

Waves to all, kareng
Old 10-21-20, 05:01 AM  
Cher

Monday’s workout was IDTV F&B Hips (This is my favorite one). I was busy doing bills, cooking, etc., but none of that got me any steps. I didn’t even have 3000 steps after dinner! It was too cold and rainy to walk outside so I ended up going down the basement and put in Leslie’s Walk Blaster dvd (the one with the 10 minute walk segments) and did Short & Sweaty and Brisk & Steady just to pump up my count a little. Yesterday’s workout Jessica Smith’s Get Strong Steppin Strength workout.

Well I’m thinking I might have had enough Flexibility and Beyond for now. I have noticed a big difference just in doing F&B even for just the couple weeks that I did it. I’m still going to try to continue some Yin Yoga maybe twice a week but 3 - 4 times is just to much for me right now. I just feel like I need to get in a little more strength and cardio.

Karen - In Cathe’s email Monday she said the dvds will start shipping today. They printed the shipping labels on Saturday so that generates a shipping notice even though they were not actually being shipped then.

Gibbee - I enjoyed seeing all your pictures of you and Darrell on Facebook too. Such a cute couple.
Old 10-21-20, 05:36 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Lower Body + extended stretch.

I checked this morning and the Cathe DVDs haven't made it to USPS for me yet. Hopefully I'll get them before the weekend. I've noticed lately that the mail isn't moving as fast as it used to.

Cher - That's great results from F&B. The new shorter workouts should help with getting extra strength & cardio.

Karjoy - I guess it'll help to run in the morning when we switch back to standard time. I wish we could just keep the same time all year; all this switching is annoying.

Gibbee
- I am not on FB but am thinking of you.

Waves to Vannie. Have a good day, all.
Old 10-21-20, 07:42 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, that makes sense about the shipping labels and notice. I need to add yin to my life and have been debating how often. There is a restorative yoga challenge on YT, I think the channel is Yoga With Bird, that I'm thinking of trying. I'd like to do it before bed but it will be tough to break out of my habit of zoning out in front of the TV. I don't quite know how I got to the point of preferring AM workouts when I used to prefer PM! I guess the working too much to have time for workouts got me out of the PM habit and not working pushed me into AM so I don't lose time with hubby.

Gibbee, thinking of you and praying you are getting some much-needed rest. I know how grief plays with sleep and you were already so rundown. Be gentle with yourself.

Karen, I keep missing the longer runs I was doing last fall preparing for the hard trail race. They did still have the race last wknd, but they had to make enough changes bc of covid (like not having the amazing chili afterwards from my favorite restaurant in that town) that I wouldn't have done it anyway. It's in WI, over 2 1/2 hours away from here and I couldn't plan on it bc we thought my mom's memorial service would be this fall. We still don't know when we will have it due to covid restrictions and safety.

JB, nice hike with DH! We used to hike so much but this year our only hiking was Labor Day wknd. Hubby has been working more than 14 hours a day plus usually one day on wknds and he is just burnt out and exhausted. Being outside would be good for him but I don't want to push him when he's so tired. I don't even know if we're doing our hiking trip for my birthday next month. I haven't asked him and most likely we'll just end up hiking for one day that wknd if anything.

We got probably 3 inches of wet heavy snow yesterday. It came down pretty much the whole time we had daylight. It's unusual to have it stick and accumulate like this for the first snow if the season. Well, I guess it did spit a long time the day before and not stick, but still unusual. The snow is so heavy it weighed down the bushes and my lights are probably almost on the ground now.

I don't know why I can't get myself together to post and stick to my workouts. My new computer did come last week and hubby got it ready for me so maybe that will get me posting more and then I'll need smthg to report!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 06:34 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jessica Smith Jog and Jive and IDTV F&B Short and Sweet. Then went for about a 20 minute walk in the afternoon since the sun was out and it was in the 50’s. Since my SIL was at her house here, I stopped and picked up the puppy to go with me.

JBliff - I’m looking forward to 2 of the new Cathe dvds. . I’ll fit it other short cardio. No desire at for the new cardio one. (But I’m sure you already knew that about me).

Vannie - On Travis’ IDTV, he has a Yin Sleep program. Your supposed to do right before bed. They are 30 minutes each. I would really like to give it a try since I sleep so awful but, like you, can’t break from my tv then reading in bed before I go to sleep. (He even tells you to wear your Pjs to do it too). . Snow! Keep it there please!

Gibbee ((Hugs))

Waves Karen!