Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-20, 08:38 PM  
horusosiris

Okay I am ready to join the Fierce Watulans!

Today I did a Sleek Barre technique workout and a Sleek ab workouts

Cataddict- I think you will enjoy the Sleek workouts.

Bee- I know exactly what you and your piano teacher go through sometimes when you hit the rough patches. Practice! Practice! Practice!

Kate- your comment about "Be All You Can Be" reminded me of my many years in the Army.

Micky - I am glad you got tryout the new Muscle Burns Fat BB workout.

Kittybug- I want to try the Youtube Double Trouble workout.

Happy Thursday to All!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 09:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Catching up!

Kate I was glad to read you had a part-time job and that your son is on the mend.

cataddict you and I definitely share opposite tastes in kickbox workouts so I'm reading your MMA reviews with interest! I think it IS great that we have so many options!

bee I have Total body giant sets that I intend to do soon. Thanks for the review...you're making me get hyped about it! I bought it because I love love Ramped up upper body. I just don't know what to use for lower body the week I do these two.

Nathalie how do you do Total body as a split? Does it have a premix split?

ChelePA your house and your car AC...aaackkk!! I am sending you chilly thoughts and dreams of icebergs!!

kittybug Breathing while Heaving!! Hah now you have fully scared me off that series...yipes!
re: Jari and her recent workouts. Whole I enjoy the workouts, there are so many exercises that engage the shoulders. For me, there were more than I needed or wanted. Lots of compound moves that have lots of reps at a pace that, if done in a Jari only rotation, spell potential for injury as I get tired. I actually substituted some of the exercises or omitted some of the shoulder reps. I also would alternate a leg if I could because that helps me keep my knees healthy. So when I stood back and looked at all the subbing and committing I was doing, it made me realize that I was having to do that more often with her newer workouts. If I was young and not wary of injuring myself then it probably wouldn't matter. I have never done her workouts every other day so this was the first time I had and I was able to notice how I was feeling more clearly. So that's why I will still do some of these later workouts but will mix them in with other workouts. Hope that explains it better.

Manley you're so funny ! Put me in the messy pear pile!! Meno stop..good one, hubby!!

horusosiris I totally agree with you about sets and not being yelled at. I am also constantly tweaking my nutritional intake to keep this messy pear rolling!

kim thanks for the breaking Beachbody news! That's pretty cool! I think you should post that on GD.

And as far as our band...uhhh...I can sing LOUDLY and horribly off key....OR I could pound a cowbell! Don't you always need more cowbell!?!

Today was BOSU equilibrium workout which is a pilates/yoga fusion on the BOSU. Very fun balance challenges..I dig that stuff. I'm thinking tomorrow will be either Step Heat or Kick punch crunch. I'm doing both this week just not sure which one I will do tomorrow.

Let me know if I need to practice my cowbell...my skeelz may be a lil rusty.

Have a wonderful Thursday!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 11:08 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kate I was glad to read you had a part-time job and that your son is on the mend.

cataddict you and I definitely share opposite tastes in kickbox workouts so I'm reading your MMA reviews with interest! I think it IS great that we have so many options!

bee I have Total body giant sets that I intend to do soon. Thanks for the review...you're making me get hyped about it! I bought it because I love love Ramped up upper body. I just don't know what to use for lower body the week I do these two.

Nathalie how do you do Total body as a split? Does it have a premix split?

ChelePA your house and your car AC...aaackkk!! I am sending you chilly thoughts and dreams of icebergs!!

kittybug Breathing while Heaving!! Hah now you have fully scared me off that series...yipes!
re: Jari and her recent workouts. Whole I enjoy the workouts, there are so many exercises that engage the shoulders. For me, there were more than I needed or wanted. Lots of compound moves that have lots of reps at a pace that, if done in a Jari only rotation, spell potential for injury as I get tired. I actually substituted some of the exercises or omitted some of the shoulder reps. I also would alternate a leg if I could because that helps me keep my knees healthy. So when I stood back and looked at all the subbing and committing I was doing, it made me realize that I was having to do that more often with her newer workouts. If I was young and not wary of injuring myself then it probably wouldn't matter. I have never done her workouts every other day so this was the first time I had and I was able to notice how I was feeling more clearly. So that's why I will still do some of these later workouts but will mix them in with other workouts. Hope that explains it better.

Manley you're so funny ! Put me in the messy pear pile!! Meno stop..good one, hubby!!

horusosiris I totally agree with you about sets and not being yelled at. I am also constantly tweaking my nutritional intake to keep this messy pear rolling!

kim thanks for the breaking Beachbody news! That's pretty cool! I think you should post that on GD.

And as far as our band...uhhh...I can sing LOUDLY and horribly off key....OR I could pound a cowbell! Don't you always need more cowbell!?!

Today was BOSU equilibrium workout which is a pilates/yoga fusion on the BOSU. Very fun balance challenges..I dig that stuff. I'm thinking tomorrow will be either Step Heat or Kick punch crunch. I'm doing both this week just not sure which one I will do tomorrow.

Let me know if I need to practice my cowbell...my skeelz may be a lil rusty.

Have a wonderful Thursday!!
I don’t have a Bosu, but I definitely think I need more balance challenges.

Today was all step, which is my all-time favorite! Decided on Low Impact Step and then added on the Step Sync premix that includes the final product four times. I also did abs stacker at the end.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 07:43 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fierce Watulans!!

RWH Circuit Upper Body decimated me today! My goodness, was I NOT feeling fierce and instead feeling like I would pass out or like I needed a serious nap, wow...these workouts must catch UP because that one didn't feel that hard last week. I'm hoping for yoga tomorrow if anything but I might just take a couple days totally off!

Cataddict, B&G is really tough! Are you Sore Max-ing today?

Kim, if you've tried Double Trouble with Travis, PLEASE report back!! And yes on the new Beach Body set....more, explain more!!!

Horusosiris, you totally have me looking at allllllllll these barre workouts I have, sigh. So many workouts I haven't even taken out of shrink wrap. It's ridiculous! But wow, I'm looking at the Cathe series I have left to get through, and there really aren't so many now!

Fanofladyvols, your explanation of Jari makes PERFECT sense and to be honest, heck, I felt that way even when I was much younger than I am now! I had forgotten why I'd gotten rid of a bunch of her stuff, and you've reminded me, so thank you! Is that de-enabling?

ChelePA, you are so FIERCE being able to work out without A/C. Isn't tomorrow the big day? Crossing my fingers and toes and all paws in my house for you. Having the house AND the car A/C out isn't fair and sucks! Speaking of which...so I drive a very old MINI and while the A/C works, it seriously is a draw on the power of the car because of how it's designed, so as my husband describes it, it 'makes it seem like Fred Flintstone's car'....so I kind of hate having to drive anywhere when we get up into the triple digits or even high 90's. It's have A/C or be able to GO and I usually choose GO. And so I sweat.

KateTT, forgot to mention I'm SO happy you managed to snag a job...not an easy feat right now! You go, fierce Watulan!!!

Manleym, YES, you got the UY set!!!! That's awesome (and not easy to find these days). My Katami set arrived, so thank you again for the heads up on that!! ENABLER.

Bee, I too don't know how people (like KATE) do the plyos back to back...uh, NO. I only do that with the low impact HIIT workouts because that's more doable for me but the plyos??? NO!! Hope your stressful situation is not so stressful now! We're always here to listen regardless!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...waving at all my seriously fierce Watulan friends!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 08:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi fierce Watulans!

Today I did the last workout I had left in the Shock series--HiiT 30/30. I'm relieved to be done with the series although it really isn't bad. I did find myself getting increasingly annoyed by the lack of cooldown. Yes, I can do it myself ("walk around for a minute to a minute and a half" as Cathe puts it) but bottom line is I DON'T WANNA. I WANNA COOLDOWN WITH CATHE AND THE CREW, DAMMIT!

I followed 30/30 with High Reps, Upper Body premix (roughly 39 minutes). This was okay, some different moves and I like using the band. I added on the Back segment as to me, back work belongs with Upper Body. I think maybe Cathe put back with lower body to make the two premixes roughly the same length. Cathe switches between movements very quickly, which sometimes tripped me up with equipment changes. In the warm up she doesn't say what weight she uses on the barbell---just that it's "light." Well. I would have liked a gauge, since "light" really does mean different things to different people. I muddled through with weight that was too heavy for a warm up. I could have paused it to change, but didn't really want to bother.

Surprisingly I am not sore from Butts and Guts. Sometimes it takes 2 days to hit me, but I was really feeling it during some of the exercises so I expected to feel it today.

Kim, that's cool about the sample of the BB program. I find some of the BB trainers a little extra for my taste, so could you describe Megan as a instructor? Is she more like Chalene or like Autumn?

fanofladyvols, LOL about the cowbell! One of the funniest skits ever!

ChelePA, I love step too! I have to keep myself from doing it too often since it can bother my knees if I do it too much.

Kate, I'm sure you Minnesotans must be miserable with that kind of heat. Here in SE VA we call it "summer." Not my favorite season, but I have adapted to some extent. I lived in Florida briefly during the summer and got used to having a slight sheen on me 24/7.

Waving to all the fierce Watulans!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 09:02 PM  
horusosiris

Today I did a full body Sleek Technique barre workout and a short TRX workout.
TomorrowI plan to do the new Cathe Live from today - Burn Sets- Heavy Lower Body. Since I have done barre so many days this week, I did not want to do a heavy leg workout!

Okay so when is the first rehearsal of the Fierce Watulans? I want to be ready!

Cataddict- congrats on completing the Shock Cardio Series

Kittybug- I love how barre complements my other workouts. I di barre today and I was happy about how stretch out I felt afterwards.

Kate - congrats on you job.

Kittybug - pull out some of your barre workouts. You can join me for a rotation or just a few workouts.

Catasddict and Kim- I prefer Chalene to Autumn. I never could click with Autumn.

Linda-and Flanofladyvois- Get your cowbell ready! I need to do more bosu workouts. so many workouts.. so little time.

Chel - do you sing soprano or alto. We have to have your score ready for the rehearsal.

I used to look forward to Fridays but now it seems like every other day of the week. No more TGIF.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 08:43 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Today I did a full body Sleek Technique barre workout and a short TRX workout.
TomorrowI plan to do the new Cathe Live from today - Burn Sets- Heavy Lower Body. Since I have done barre so many days this week, I did not want to do a heavy leg workout!

Okay so when is the first rehearsal of the Fierce Watulans? I want to be ready!

Cataddict- congrats on completing the Shock Cardio Series

Kittybug- I love how barre complements my other workouts. I di barre today and I was happy about how stretch out I felt afterwards.

Kate - congrats on you job.

Kittybug - pull out some of your barre workouts. You can join me for a rotation or just a few workouts.

Catasddict and Kim- I prefer Chalene to Autumn. I never could click with Autumn.

Linda-and Flanofladyvois- Get your cowbell ready! I need to do more bosu workouts. so many workouts.. so little time.

Chel - do you sing soprano or alto. We have to have your score ready for the rehearsal.

I used to look forward to Fridays but now it seems like every other day of the week. No more TGIF.
I wish I could sing Definitely not one of my talents.
I would hurt your ears

Squeezed in Lite Metabolic Blast before the AC repairmen arrived. Yay!

I lifted heavier than Cathe on most exercises which is very rare for me...I'm usually at an intermediate level for weights. But for this one, it really boosts the overall cardio effect. I previously mentioned that I am balance challenged. This one definitely had me concentrating when doing bicep curls with leg extensions. Hoping to get in a trail walk with my daughter before the rain. She has a day off from work so she probably won't roll out of bed until after 12 pm. The life of a teenager!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 10:53 AM  
manleym

Ok Fierce Watluans, our band is almost complete!

We've got Bee on keyboards, Kittybug on drums, Horusosiris on cello or violin, Kim on tambourine, Cataddict lead vocalist and kazoo and backup to KateTT if needed (you can handle it Cataddict!), KateTT on Jews Harp (still haven't looked it up), Fanofladyvols on cowbell (pound it Fanoladyvols!). Nathalie? ChelePA? Come on. I know ya'll played the Recorder in elementary school (we called them Tonettes back in the day). You both have some skilz...

Horusosiris you're giving me FOMO, my friend! I'm eyeballing these Sleek Technique workouts. I thought these were ballet workouts but sounds like barre? Maybe they do both?

Cataddict congrats on being finished with the Shock Cardio Series! YAY!! So what's next for you? And what VF discount do you get from Mary? More than the 10%?

Fanofladyvols I did Step Heat last week. I expected a recovery workout but it seemed a little more than that. Not crazy intense, but a good solid step workout. Wish the music was better. What did you decide to do?

ChelePA SOOO GLAD the AC is fixed!!! And yes, I remember the good ol' days of rolling out of bed around noon or later.

Kim how are the BB workouts coming along? I've tried Chalene and have Autumn sitting on my shelf. I should try her soon. Or someday.

KateTT agree that RWH bonus abs 2 is tougher than 1. It's nice to have both of them - one easier, one harder. How is the job going? I hope well.

Bee hoping this stressful situation goes away soon. Glad you're workouts are helping distract you and hopefully ease your mind some. That's always hard. Wishing this to be over soon for you.

Kittybug YAY you're Katami set arrived! I think you'll like it! And TOTALLY feeling RWH with ya, my friend! WOW! JUST WOW!! Much harder this week than last! Cathe can bring you to your knees!!

That is HILARIOUS about your Fred Flinstone car! I can totally see your feet spinning like crazy to get that thing moving! But sorry you have to sweat and don't have good AC. That's miserable. I remember driving a truck in high school that was a manual with the gear shift on the steering column (3 speed I think), had no heater and I don't think AC. Sure was glad when I didn't have to drive it any longer.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live Cardio Fusion, then later RWH Upper Body Circuit + abs 1. LOTS of stretching too, including "Too Sore to Move" yoga on Youtube!

Today I'm going to do RWH Back, Biceps, Shoulders and some yoga/stretching/lay on the mat dying workout. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt Lower Body Circuit if my body cooperates.

Our heat heat indexes have been 105 and higher. Next week will be triple digits, so stay cool my fierce friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 11:26 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey Watulan Women!!! Looking mighty fierce!

I think I might have injured myself but I'm not quite sure how or when. I did 80DO P2 Day 35 Total Body Core on Wed and that night my hip flexor/quad on the right leg was sore! Like limping sore. I can't remember pulling anything or hurting myself but I think it might have been the pikes with sliders core move???
Can't figure it out so I took it easy on my legs the rest of this week.

Anyway, I skipped 80DO Legs yesterday and did Cathe RwH Lift it Hit it Back, Biceps, Shoulders + Bonus Abs 2. AWESOME!! I'm going to be doing both the Circuit workouts next week. Superb set!

Still a little sore today so I just did a longer Yoga practice. Janet Stone Ganesha Flow. I hadn't done this one since 2011!! Don't know why except that I have too many workouts. LOL
Had some nice hip and leg stretches and I do feel better. But weird.

FYI: Minnesota definitely gets hot in the summer. Like major hot and super humid. You'd think you were down South. But with all our lakes, the humidity and the mosquitoes gets wicked. Many people think we're always cold but not so. And with Climate Change, our weather is getting weirder. Less snow, more warmth.

Take care everyone! Hugs and sending you my strongest "fierce" vibes to you all! You KNOW you can do this!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 12:15 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Sorry to have been MIA. We're in a heat wave and at the end of the day, the room where I work becomes so hot because of the computer, that I don't feel like sitting there again! but I should try not to have to much backlog in answering you!

Is the weather hot these days where you live?

Regarding our band, I used to take singing lessons (a looong time ago!), which doesn't mean I sing well!

Linda: I couldn't find my post about Total body. IIR, it was TB Giant sets? There are premixes for UB and LB. I usually do one or the other.

kittybug: I love your new name for RWH.

ChelePA: I'm so happy your AC is fixed!

Kate: Congratulations on your new job.

cataddict: Aren't the abs in Pyramid the ones where you do those pikes? Yikes, those are hard. Everytime I try them, I end up spending more time trying not to fall over that working my abs!!! Goof thing that you're not sore from B&G!

Hope everyone is keeping cool!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in