Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-20-20, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was going to do one of Jessica's HIIT walks this morning for my "HIIT" day but I couldn't face it. I don't know why - no energy or something!

So, I did a couple from CocoLime Fitness - she posted one from her paid site - a low impact HIIT, so I gave that a try and I also did one of her short toning and cardio workouts. They were both pretty low key - but that was what I was in the mood for today. Generally speaking, I prefer her toning to her cardio. So if I ever do her MFIT program I will be substituting the cardio.

I also did Jessica Valent's Pilates for Anxiety which she posted on You Tube this week. Some gentle stretches - Pilates inspired.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 03:52 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was Standing Pilates Fusion Abs on You Tube. Today was Total Body Focus from WS 2. I did try using the Pilates ball for lower back support on Monday's workout, but I did get a sore lower back that night. Stretching and foam rolling relieved most of it, but I decided floor ab work is just not for me. I can do the Pilates 100 and plank work, so I will stick to that. I subbed the Pilates 100 for the ab moves in today's workout.

Donna, I'm sorry you aren't sleeping well, but glad you can still work from home. I'm sure the two second commute is a great benefit!
Old 05-21-20, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Another day of low motivation for working out!

I did Essentrics - Body Reshaping & Posture w/ Amanda.

I had paused my Essentrics subscription for three months and it re-started yesterday. If had remembered, I would have probably continued it on "pause" but as it turns out, a new 15 day challenge is starting up on Tuesday so I may join in! I did end up cancelling Blessful Body - I enjoy the workouts and Ky, but it all started to feel very repetitive. And it is $18/month, EssentricsTV is $15. I did feel good when I did their Health Challenge in January. So we shall see. I decided to do some of the 7 Day Posture challenge they have up while I'm waiting to see what the 15 day challenge looks like.

We walked the dogs yesterday, looking a little dreary today - if I can't get out I'll do a walking workout indoors.

Sherry - nice work I don't think I have ever done that You Tube workout from Jessica! What rotation are you following - still calm and strong? core week? your own thing? I keep thinking about going back to Jessica for a bit - either with the plug & play (now that I lowered the video quality when streaming, DH's work isn't impacted) or maybe her HIIT for beginners? I don't know! yes, I am going to miss my very short commute once we have to go back to the office. I'm hoping that we will not have to go every day and can keep some sort of telework schedule. The County where I work is approaching opening cautiously - it is where the second highest case count is an the highest # of deaths, so I hope that keeps us working from home longer.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

Donna
Old 05-21-20, 09:56 PM  
Leonana

Today was the Fusion Cardio Ball workout from WS 3. It wasn't as intense as I expected, in fact I think it was a bit easier than the ball workout from WS2 and You Tube. The other option was the Cardio Ball Ballet on You Tube, but that one is 45 minutes, and I chose the 30 minute one.

My biggest problem is that I can't hold my ball with one hand. I've let the air go out of it, but I still can't hold onto it. I think Jessica uses a different type of ball, it seems to go flatter when she puts it behind her back for ab moves. Mine is a Ballet Physique ball that was gifted to me by a friend from the old Collage forum. That must have been five years ago now!

Donna, yes I'm doing Core week. So far, I like the workouts pretty well. I haven't been painting, so I can do a workout every day. The Essentrics workouts and schedule sound good. I like the ones on You Tube. I hope you are able to keep working from home.

In other news, I'm paring down my skincare some more. I've discovered that I don't really see any benefit from the Ordinary's niacinimide sercum. I have one bottle left, and won't repurchase. I have niacinimide in my Equate version of the CeraVe PM, and I think that's enough. I have some Azelaic Acid from The Ordinary to use up, about three tubes. I bought a lot when they had their Black Friday sale. Once I use that up, I need to use up my Paula's Choice AHA. Then I have to decide if I want to continue with an exfoliant, or just stick with the Curology and moisturizer. Now, if I could just stop ordering from Amazon, I could save some money, lol.
Old 05-22-20, 07:24 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Still not feeling the love for workouts - but today I did:

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up. I think Ellen has come to replace yoga for me. I really used to enjoy yoga, particularly Yoga w/ Adriene, but now whenever I try to go back to it I just don't feel the love. So, I think Ellen fills that void w/ her workouts.

It is raining today so unless it stops, no outdoor walk but if time permits I may try to get a quick indoor walk in.

Sherry - Core week looks good...I just haven't had the mental ability to do a formal rotation in some time! Maybe some day.....

On the skincare front, I am still working through my collection - the one upside to this pandemic is it is forcing me to use what I have as I'm not browsing in the stores and if I order on-line I tend to really think about the purchases more for some reason. I think once I finish up what I have - or most of what I have - I'm going to go back to a routine mainly using Cerave. The only thing that is missing for me in the Cerave line is the sunscreen. I will have to try the tinted mineral sunscreen out to see if I like it - but I tend to use those sunscreens more as "make -up" than sunscreen so I think I need a non tinted base. I think the only one that works for me from Cerave is the ultra light - but it is expensive and a chemical sunscreen. I prefer the mineral sunscreens or combo sunscreens. I still like the Eucerin SPF 30, so maybe that could be my main sunscreen. Or the Olay Sensitive SPF 30. I am also using up my hair products - since I don't go anywhere I am using up some of the styling products that I don't love and don't necessarily make my hair look its best. I felt bad throwing them out - but I'm using them now since I really don't go anywhere - other than curbside pick up, walking in my neighborhood or my DD's barn.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
Old 05-22-20, 02:34 PM  
Leonana

Today was WS3 Cardio HIIT. I enjoyed this workout, modifying to low impact made it a good moderate cardio.

I'm discovering that the WS3 workouts are not as intense as I remember. When I compare the workout on the schedule to the you tube workout, the older you tube workout looks harder. I need to revisit WS3, especially since there are good modifications following Debbie.

Well, we sold our 2007 Van. I was in the other room when the couple showed up who purchased it. I'm a little miffed with dh that he didn't tell me! I wanted to see who bought it. And say goodbye to the van (sniffle). I guess men are not sentimental, lol. The couple said they bought it for their daughter who has a newborn. I thought that was nice, that it's going to someone who needs it. I am enjoying my new car, and with the van out of the driveway, I won't miss it as much.

I had to go to the UPS Store to get the title notarized. It was open, just like normal. Things are starting to get back to usual business. Although, some fast food places are not open for dine in yet. I have to admit, I'm starting to relax, although I am still wearing my mask when I go out.

I am getting tired of reading conspiracy theories on FB. That the whole shutdown was a political plot. People worry me sometimes.

Donna, I find I need the accountability of a schedule, even if I don't follow it exactly. But these are strange times, I'm sure everyone's workout habits are not the same. I've been pretty good about using up skincare. So far, Cetaphil and Equate PM for moisturizer, Olay for cleanser, Hada Labo for sunscreen, and Curology for tretinoin serum, seem to be the ticket for my skin. Once I use up some other products (Equate Hydrating Cleanser, The Ordinary Niacinimide, and The Ordinary Azelaic Acid), then those four will be my routine. I'm liking it simplified. However, I have not been so good about makeup, lol. I just ordered some Colourpop and ELF online.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!
Old 05-22-20, 07:01 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I decided to take yesterday and today off work to get some things done around here, and I've been so busy doing yard work and cleaning that I haven't had time (or energy) to do Core Week. I've been getting a lot done though and it's nice to be able to focus on it.

Things are starting to reopen here. Not sure if that's good or not, but I did go grocery shopping and also went to Home Depot. Since I hadn't been out since March, it was a surreal experience seeing everyone wearing masks and following arrows on the floor. I felt like Rip Van Winkle! I was happy to see that masks are being enforced, but social distancing was not happening at all at either place. It's tough to stay that far from people in a store though. The next thing I have to do is get an oil change for the car, but I'll do that next week. After that, I'm hoping I can stay home for a couple of weeks.

Donna, No word yet on when my office is reopening. The governor sent a survey out to non-essential businesses to come up with a plan for reopening, so they are starting the process. I've made it clear to my boss that I will not be returning to the office anytime soon, but she can't wait to go back, so I'm sure she'll be first at the door when the time comes!

Sherry, I know it's tough to part with things. I was upset because I donated a couple of lawn chairs that I used to sit outside on with my Mom years ago. She died in 2004 and I hadn't used the chairs in many years. It was time for them to go because they were just taking up space, but I tend to get attached to items. At least you know the van is going to people who can really use it and the chairs I had were donated to the homeless.

Waves!
Old 05-22-20, 07:26 PM  
Leonana

wishiwasiinhawaii, that is a sweet memory of your mom. My mom died in 2006, and I have a few of her knick knacks around the house, and one of her sweaters I wear in the winter. It does help to know the van is going to someone who can use it. We had a lot of interest in the van, even though it needed work. We asked half the Blue Book price. Cars are so expensive now, even the older ones with high mileage. I liked the idea of enabling someone to have transportation who couldn't otherwise afford it. I'm guessing the dad will fix it up for his daughter.

Even though I've been going to the stores, it seems surreal to me at times. Although, it does seem more "normal," now that the shelves are more full. OTH, I don't know that things will ever feel normal again!

People here are about 50/50 on masks, but seem to do really well on following the arrows when standing in line. It's when you are walking down the aisles with no arrows that they might get in your space. It's especially hard when I want to grab an item off the shelf, and the person is standing in front of it, just taking their time looking at everything!
Old 05-23-20, 04:01 PM  
Leonana

Today is a rest day, since I cleaned the house today. I'll do a stretch workout this evening. I'll do today's workout tomorrow. I sleep better Sunday evenings when I do a workout that day. So, it works better for me to switch the workouts.

I went to one of my favorite restaurants for pick up today. It's Mexican food, and I got rolled beef tacos for dd and I. I hadn't been there in two months, although they were still doing takeout. We have been getting fast food takeout, but dh doesn't like Mexican, so I hadn't been there in awhile. It was so good! And nice to go in again, I missed it.
Old 05-24-20, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My mom passed away yesterday unexpectedly. She wasn't feeling well on Friday night and she passed away Saturday morning. It is sad and a bit surreal, but I also feel that it is a blessing - she wasn't happy with her life situation and I'm relieved that she doesn't have to suffer any more. I may have mentioned previously, she was never a happy person, and the last year was worse than ever for her - so I'm glad she isn't unhappy anymore and that she didn't have to endure a long illness. But, it is really weird. And, w/ COVID it is even weirder b/c we are postponing a service until it is safer to travel/gather. It was tough telling my Dad - my parents have been divorced for 20+ years - and my Dad has his own health issues. But, we had a good conversation and I think I'm going to do the ceremony, whenever that is, in NY so my Dad could be there. He really is in no shape for travel these days and I think he would like to be there.

I have loose ends to tie up and all of that -

So, that is what is happening w/ me.

I'm a person who has to be 'doing' so of course I worked out today -

Pahla B - 25 Min Strength & Low Impact Cardio for Women Over 50
Jessica Valent - Workout for stronger glutes.

My DD and I walked yesterday.

Like I said, I'm a "do-er" and being busy is my therapy.

re: Pahla B - I may buy some of her plans, I do enjoy her as an instructor and although she is chatty it is all fitness related, relevant stuff. Her constant chatter will be good for me right now, too. I don't enjoy her walking cardio workouts and would sub those out or I would use the audio to ride my bike or walk on the TM.

Hope everyone has a good day --- I'm taking my DD to ride her horse today. She is doing ok, she is very much like me - stoic, keep busy....I don't know if that is good or bad, but it is what it is.

Take care,

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong