Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-15, 04:32 PM  
momofcha

Has anyone tried to send their set back? Did it take forever to receive your credit?

thanks!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 09:53 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Did you not like it Shammy?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 01:10 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I know, it's not what you're asking but I'd imagine if you post it on the Yaya board, someone will quickly snatch it up -or here on the trading board!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 09:35 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have tried barre work in the past and it is just not my thing but I am considering these. I think my back needs a break from lifting so I might give these a try. They are on my wish list that I just posted on the exchange.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 10:23 PM  
nschultz

Just wondering overall consensus with these dvds. If you already stream barre3 are they still worth it? Also, has anyone purchased the book?
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 11:35 PM  
dela

The price is really good now with the bundle, I bought them. I am only starting out with Barre3, I have the 28 to Great QVC set, but I want to be prepared and have lots of variety to make sure I stick with it long enough to see what this type of workout does for me.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 12:30 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
The price is really good now with the bundle, I bought them. I am only starting out with Barre3, I have the 28 to Great QVC set, but I want to be prepared and have lots of variety to make sure I stick with it long enough to see what this type of workout does for me.
Please let me know what you think of these dela. I am considering these for a change of pace.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 12:49 AM  
nschultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
I agree the price is good. I have the 28 day set and I'm still undecided about it. I recently tried a trial of the streaming workouts and really liked those. The book was on Amazon used last week for less than ten dollars and I kick myself for not picking it up, now it's back up to full price.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 09:28 AM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Please let me know what you think of these dela. I am considering these for a change of pace.
Will do! I think we have a pretty similar taste in workouts . This is brand new for me too and a complete departure from my norm. I liked the one I did yesterday from 28 to Great, it wasn't hard, but I liked it and I need to learn the nuances of the moves to make it more challenging. I think I am going to enjoy a lighter style of workouts for a while and I think of all the instructors and varieties, Barre3 and Sadie are the right ones for me to start with.
Old 03-02-15, 03:30 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Just coming back for a quick update, I started with Barre3 28 to Great I guess 4 or 5 weeks ago, because I too needed to find something new to do while my injury heals, but then stopped after a week due to a very close death in the family.

I was able to start back up this past week and again, just picked up with 28 to Great. But last night, I wasn't in the mood to commit to the 60 minute video on the schedule so I opened up the DVD from this set with the short routines in the Inches Off Belly, Butt, Hips, and Thighs just to do the 10 minutes Time Saver Shape Up, and REALLY enjoyed it, I then moved on and did the 5 minute cardio and the 8 minute core and stretch, and overall I ended up getting in a decent little workout when I was really close to doing nothing for the day. I loved all of them. I was surprised, but that 5 minute NO impact cardio did get my heart pumping. In the 10 and 5 minute, she does a lot of squat moves, which I am happy about, I have made a lot of progress with my squats and want to keep incorporating them even if it's just unweighted.

They would be great to just pop in the morning before work, or to do during the day to get in some movement (something I am trying to work on), or like Sadie said, they would even work later at night.

In addition to being a good new workout to use during my injury, Barre3 is also helping me to get past my motivational issues I have right now, to at least just get moving. It seems much easier to make myself do these than anything that will require too much exertion. Plus i can practically wear anything and do these.

Sadie is wonderful, she is very encouraging, and I feel I got some better form tips in these little workouts that really helped me feel the exercises where I was supposed to. I'm hesitant to say this based on just doing the short workouts, but these may be better than the 28 to great ones. I love the set, the music is always just nicely there but never intrusive or that noticeable. I got a lot of the burning feeling from the moves, an as mentioned even got my heart rate up. I am VERY glad I started this little journey into something new with Barre3, the mood and vibe of them always feels nice and light and encouraging, and my legs certainly feel it the next day.

I am looking forward to trying all the workouts in the set, and think I will just do these as I want instead of following the 28 to Great rotation right now. I am happy I bought them.

Tags
barre3, love your lower body, prevention magazine, rodale unwanted package, sadie lincoln