Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-13, 12:48 PM  
baba

Wink Yoga shirt for the larger chested

So I need to invest in some new yoga tops. I am small framed, but large chested. (30dd). And it's all natural, so after two kids they are little saggy and need some good support and coverage. Any suggestions? Any cheap suggestions too? Thanks
baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 01:18 PM  
Sophie

well, I find the so-called "shelf bras" and built-in bras available in most yoga tops these days completely laughable. I almost always have to have a sport bra underneath it to feel comfortable. And I need to have decent coverage for cleavage - I figured this out quickly my first few weeks of teaching forward bends

I'm in Canada so I tend to buy most of those type of stuff from the offspring of REI in the states. The following have stood the test of time with decent coverage, while not falling in my face during down dog:

A bit pricey but long lasting - I have earlier versions from 2005 still going strong:

Patagonia Bandha top

ugh, I don't like the new colours on this, but it does work very well:

MEC Trentina

and cheap, but a bit thin (and apt to show high beams. Still, good in the house):

Mantra sport top

I have a few of these, but only ever wear them in the house, and when it's really hot:

Prana Leyla

I bet REI has better ones in more colours, though

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 05:55 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Sierra Trading post has prana at good prices. They may have some of the others too.

Hi baba! I remember you from one of my prenatal/postpartum check-ins. My boobs have all but disappeared after nursing 3 babies.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-13, 08:15 PM  
zippity

Hi I am large chested, and wear almost exclusively the Prana Sabin Chakura top. It has good coverage across the chest and shoulders and stays put during class-no fabric drift. If you need more support, Lucy yoga tops have very good shelf bras. Get one with thicker straps, so the top doesn't drift.

Sorry I cannot post links on the kindle.
Old 05-09-13, 10:38 PM  
baba

Thanks for all the suggestions! Pratima I don't know if you remember me, but I went to your house for a VF get together years ago (before kids). I was the one who lived Cathe! I can't believe how long it has taken me so long to get back into it but I am super enjoying kettlebells and yoga now! And still in Phoenix!
Old 05-10-13, 12:39 AM  
yahoo205

This is supposedly a really good underwire Sports Bra Wacoal 855170

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/wacoal-8...esults-_-1_1_A
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13, 01:11 PM  
baba

I can't stand underwire! Do you know any without? Enell never worked for me....
Old 05-10-13, 01:17 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions! Pratima I don't know if you remember me, but I went to your house for a VF get together years ago (before kids). I was the one who lived Cathe! I can't believe how long it has taken me so long to get back into it but I am super enjoying kettlebells and yoga now! And still in Phoenix!
Of course I remember! We moved a few years ago and are REALLY far east now.

Have you tried Moving Comfort bras? I wasn't all THAT busty, but the Fiona worked well when I was nursing. They have a lot of different styles. I think the Maia is one that larger-busted women often like. The molded cups helped during high impact when I was nursing (and therefore both larger and really sensitive).

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-13, 06:53 PM  
baba

Well I just lucked out! I went to a Goodwill store in a better part of town and got five Lucy yoga tops and one Beyond Yoga top for $3.99 each! Ideally I would like more support, but or the price I shll not complain!