Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-08-20, 04:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

30 min essentrics stretch

so today I had botox for migraines and she said of week of no intense exercise??? what does that mean, I never ask. I guess essentrics, barre, low impact? No hanging upside down on a chair with Tracy. sigh.

buzzer - given what I am reading about antibodies not lasting very long (which is consistent with other corona virus') I'm not sure what we can do but wear masks and socially distance - beyond that it's only quarantine. A friend of mine went back to work for two days in a physical therapy clinic and got it. He son and husband have it too. Be careful!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 10:01 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Bulk Arms.. DONE!

I went down in weight on a few exercises, but it helped because I could do them. I assisted a LOT last time I did this (with my other hand) and this time I didn't have to. I worked hard though, and really pushed myself. I have noticed while I am going kinda with Sagi that he does take some longer rests between sets. Like the 15/12/8 where you are supposed to take minimal rest, he sometimes pushes through with 5 second rest between, enough to change weights, and sometimes he rests for 30 seconds. I guess in the long run it all evens out. I am not looking to bulk, looking to build and like the bulk workouts though!'

So I was thinking, I used to not think in terms of "build" and "bulk". I would do whatever I felt like. So I know these workouts won't necessarily "bulk" me, because I know my history. I just like the variety!!

My biceps and triceps are tired and a little sore right now, about 45 minutes after finishing, so I call that a good workout!

Today LB goes to her new friend from July 4th's house to play, so I will go over and meet the parents before I leave her. I already creeped on them online, and they seem to check out fine. They would have a lot to lose if they mess with my girl. I will decide if I stay over there while they play, stay close to there, or feel comfortable leaving.

Then we have bible study this evening, so it'll be a busy day! Good though. I like having some things to do, I also like having days between with nothing to do!!

We spent about an hour and a half grooming the older dog yesterday. His hair is always so tangled and hard to comb, but I used the puppy brush on him and it seemed to do the trick! His hair is smooth and looks so nice. He has super long hair! I still need to do his belly and his legs, but the rest of him looks like he has a halo around him when he walks and runs. He looks great!

We need to do that more often.

Eventmom: hmmm. Intense exercise means so many different things to different people!! I would think like no hiit, running, or plyometrics, but someone else might think no heavy lifting, pilates, or fast walking. I would get strenuous? no strenuous exercise? but then again, that's all exercise. Or should be. I don't know!! I am like that too, I nod, then later think about it and think, wait, what does that mean???? can I still do (whatever)???

Ebianco: we miss you!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-20, 01:54 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Essentrics 30 min, rode two horses, 20 min gina b up to the beat.

Buzzer - so I guess what I did isn't intense. But yeah, one person's intense is another person's warmup but I'm pretty sure 30 min of nonstop TA is not recommended. I'll keep it to low impact for cardio, barre, callanetics, essentrics. My head actually feels better. DH and I discussed that we may not make it to NM this year. I'm so very bummed. I look forward to it so very much. I think DH might cave and agree to my driving to Kentucky to get a new horse trailer. It's much bigger but he's not throwing a fit which I attribute to him know how truly bummed out I am.
Old 07-10-20, 09:37 AM  
Buzzer

Abs of Steel.. Done.

It was OK. I felt kinda bloated and puffy, it was hot, and I don't think I drank enough. I kinda went through the motions and called it OK. I guess it was better than a rest day. I stopped half way through Tracie's abs (so probably 1/2 way through the ab work) because I had to keep motivating myself to keep going, I wasn't giving it my all, I slept weird so I have a muscle in my upper back and into my neck that is on the verge of being in spasm, so I had to keep trying to work around that so I don't make it worse. Overall, I didn't do well but at least I tried.

I had fun with the aerobics even if I slacked!

There's only one rest day a week worked into the schedule, which is fine for a lifting program, so I don't think it's bad that I slacked. I was thinking of doing yoga on my rest day anyhow this week, so maybe this will count as my rest!

Yesterday LB played at her friends house, then we ate and hung out a bit, then went for bible study. It was just me and LB's BFF's Mom, and she had to leave a little early to get her oldest kid, so I sat at her house for about an hour while the youngest 3 and LB played. It was good! They are fun kids. Cracks me up because they LOVE to talk to me. Just tell me everything. I love talking to them too, so it's good. It annoys LB though! "Let's go play! Stop talking to my Mom!!"

I do love that kids are inspired to sit and talk to me. My family used to tell me I should be a counselor because people will sit down and just tell me their whole life story and all their problems. It's always been like that for me. However now I think it's funny that it's kids that are more likely to do it than adults, whereas before it was adults!! Maybe because I'm around more kids now though.

So I had little conversations with all of them at some point. We walked there, so when we walked home about 9:30pm it was dark and LB is afraid of mountain lions and bears. Plus, the flashlight on my phone wasn't working. So we walked in the dark. It was OK though. We are still alive!! She seems to think they lurk around every dark corner, whereas I know they hide and surprise you when you least expect it

Today is supposed to be 90 degrees up here, so I have our portable A/C ready, got the house cooled down last night, and hopefully we are ready for a hot day!!

Eventmom: That cracked me up about your DH! I guess in the long run, you get a bigger horse trailer even if you can't go to NM!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-10-20, 01:36 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

I'm sorry I got behind, AGAIN. Needless to say work has been stressful

catching up from last week:

Sunday-Run outdoors and Pure Barre Flex 30 workout 2

Mon/Tues-Planned rest days

Wed-Fitprime Crunch Time the old one with Susan Harris! This one is sufficiently different enough from the remake with Tamela that it feels like a different workout. It is sequenced differently and a few of the exercises are different.

Thursday-Firm Tough Aerobic Mix (some of it) and Pure Barre Resistance #1 warm up through seat for a 55 minute workout.

Today-Firm Core Cardio 2 (some of it) and CS 1005, a standing barre stretchy workout.

Eventmom I am sorry your trip was postponed and that all these quarantine measures are wearing thin I know I am looking forward to any kind of "normalcy" in the future but with recent resurgence and presumably a tough second wave this fall, I really don't know what to think.

Buzzer Knock on wood but my knee actually seems to be feeling even better and 100% normal except for small twangs occasionally, since I started my quick/gentle run/walk on Sundays a couple of weeks ago. It is like my body is relaxing and saying "yes this is normal again". The work stress is very persistent though and only going to get worse, probably will not let up until November timeframe. And at some point it will be a real transition to work in the office again from teleworking full time, whenever that will be. I'd rather just telework full time but doubt that will be an option

Great job to you both on keeping up your workouts!
Old 07-10-20, 02:59 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

classical stretch 30 min, rode 1 horse, came in and did karen voight for cardio.

buzzer - that' funny that LB had to say play with me. yeah, on the trailer. it's a big pile of money really wipes out my savings and it may already have sold but I think I will regret it if I don't get it. Hard to explain but this trailer has led to multiple injuries for my horse.

ebianco- sorry your job is stressful but it sounds like you can handle it and you are keeping up a good number of workouts. My classes are supposed to be in person this fall. My phd students I will probably meet via zoom and not tell anyone. But the undergrads will are supposed to be in person - I honestly don't know how that will go. We are in a great deal of political pressure to be in person but suppose one of my students tests positive - do we just plug on and pretend nothing happened? confusing.
Old 07-11-20, 10:07 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Bulk Back.. DONE!

I got my new pull up assist so I got to use it!!! It has 3 bands, each 30 pounds of assistance, and I had to use all 3 But I have no where to go but "up"!! At least now I have a way to get better at pull-ups!!

I used the heavy weights I used last time, but this time my grip gave out before the muscles. My forearms were sore after my arms workout 2 days ago, and I guess they haven't recovered. I need to find my metal grips that help me hold the weights. I think that was the most disappointing thing about my workout!

it was short, and I watched from when Clarence saves George Bailey until the end of "It's a Wonderful Life" while I did it. I love that part of the movie the best!!! Where he sees how many people he has touched in his life, and decides going to jail is better than losing his life. Good lesson for sure!

I slept like crap last night. I only slept 5 hours, but was up at 3:45am because I had to go potty. I didn't want to go all the way into the house, then I knew I'd never get back to sleep. So I tried to fall back to sleep. Tough when you have a bladder full! I ended up waking up. Hopefully I will take a nap today if I need to.

I usually try to stop drinking water at 7pm so my body can process it through, but the day got away from me yesterday and I drank until 8pm. I paid for that one!!

We had to go to DH's shop yesterday to do taxes, other than that LB did a manicure on me (since I didn't have one done the other day) and I napped while she did it. I know I napped because she had on the movie "Spiderman" and i missed most of it. HA! So I guess it's ok I didn't sleep well last night. I had a good nap yesterday!

the 10 day forecast says lots of 80 something degree days. I'm not a fan of that.

Eventmom: I have heard here that they are going back regular schedule, just with social distancing and the kids have to wear masks. I'm not a fan of the kids wearing masks at all! I have heard parents have to option to school at home though, with the public school curriculum, so we'll have to see which way parents go. I'm so glad we homeschool right now. I hope you get your new trailer! Sounds like you need it!

Ebianco: good to see you! I love that you are doing Firms. Motivates me to look my mine again though. I love the Firm!! I'm glad your knee is doing good. I wonder if something just needed to be eased back into place a bit, and now it's done? our bodies are so amazing, but one little thing sure can cause problems in different areas! I remember when I was in massage school, my main instructor used to say "I stubbed my big toe now I have a headache" and he would talk about how the change in your gait from stubing your toe would change how you walked, and it would affect the body all the way up to your head. It was pretty amazing how easily we can be out of whack.

I have heard people ready to get back to the office, and people who are liking being at home so much they don't want to! I wouldn't miss the commute and the people, honestly. My sister talks about how she can get a full days work in now in about 4 hours because there's no interruptions. I think she is going back to the office soon (she works for a University) so we'll see how long that lasts before they are all sent home again.

I hope your stress eventually turns to good stress. Like, where it's crazy but you can ride it like a surfer on a wave!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-11-20, 05:03 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

janice ballet workout + 20 min cardio gina b - I've been using her youtube cardio quite a bit lately.

buzzer - your pull up assist systems sounds so awesome! I'm sure you'll make great strength gains. honestly I think asking public school teachers to teach and not have kids wear masks would be really disrespectful of teachers. At least in my state, they make really low salaries and have crappy insurance. I can't imagine exposing myself in that indoor environment without masks. Many university professors are now massively objecting to teaching in person at all. Maybe CO did a better job of curbing the infection, but in OK and NM things aren't going well. At least I only teach a few hours - most of my work I can do from home. I have a friend in WY who will probably home school as she's not happy with how it's being handled in her state. Not sure about the trailer have to find someone to go with me and help drive it and so far no takers.

hi Ebianco!
Old 07-12-20, 09:26 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Shoulders... DONE!

I like this workout. I chose to do the heavier weights for the Arnold presses again, but I found that I was pushing the weight up and down, but not really focusing on the muscles that I was using to do it. I am going to do lighter weight next time so I can focus on my delts!

The workout seemed super short (I got it done in about 35 minutes) and I felt like I needed more. I ran on my bosu (I have it slightly deflated) for about 7 minutes while I watched the end of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". As you can tell, I have the Christmas movies stored in my workout room so I am watching them

I'll have to find a "Mom movie" to bring out with me next time. I looked at the workouts to figure out how to split them into 2 body parts a day, because that would make it longer and that's how I used to workout. I can do shoulders and calves, which is how I used to pair them. That would probably help with leg day. I might do that next time.

We spent yesterday going through papers from LB's birth to present day (what I've kept), and going through a bookcase. It was really nice to clear out some crap!

It was super hot yesterday, and so I set up and we used the portable A/C. I was able to keep the house about 73/74 degrees. Today we are starting out at 71. It never got cool last night! Today is supposed to be almost 90 again so I guess the portable A/C will get another workout today.

I slept really poor again last night. yesterday I got about a 7 minute nap while LB watched lego frozen, so hopefully today I can get another quick nap in.

I'm getting at least 10,000 steps a day because I take the puppy out on his leash about 4 times a day, for 10-15 minutes each time. I let him sniff and walk. So I am having no problems with the 10k steps!!

Eventmom: can't your DH go with you to get the trailer? Hopefully you can get it to work out! Sounds like a fun road trip!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-12-20, 01:49 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Flat Belly Barre + star trainer cardio

Buzzer - it's been hot here too but fortunately we have A/C. My husband doesn't like hauling my current 18' long trailer and this one is 12' longer. If I get it here he can try to drive it some locally and try to get used to but he is not going to try to drive it on a long trip - and I'd prefer to have one my friends that's used to longer rigs with me in case I need help getting in and out of gas stations! Good for you getting rid of paper - I've done some lately but not nearly enough!

hi ebinaco!