Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-27-22, 09:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

CAMBET, those are very impressive weight loss and inch loss numbers! I'm sure you've gained muscle which may make the weight loss look slow but those inches lost tell the real story.
3 inches off your waist! That's music to my ears. LOL. You did nice workouts this weekend and hit your step goals too. Well done. Can't believe Burn is almost done and Push is looming next week!

That is actually a great idea to go through some paperwork and things like that. God knows I have piles of things that need decluttering. That was nice of you to try to think of things for me to do in my condition.

The temporary crown I had fell out yesterday of course. The dentist did warn me it wasn't going to last too long. So now I have to figure out when to get to the endodontist for the root canal. Ugh.

Have a wonderful day!!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 08:44 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did Burn 1 for the last time. I upped the weights to 12.5 for chest presses (though I stuck with 10s for chest/pec flies) and added in an extra set of bench presses instead of doing the last set of posterior flies (there are 3; I stuck with 6s for those). I also used 15s for the leg/ab combos. I've never used more than 10s for chest presses, so I felt very strong using the 12.5s. I didn't reach failure on most of the exercises, so I probably could have gone a little heavier, but there'll be time for that during the Push phase. I think it's been good to slowly up the weights.

I also did CH Elite: Rope & Ride during the day to help with my hourly step goals and followed Burn 1 with Jessica's 10 Min Dance Walk. Made it to over 10,400 steps for the day.

SB - Thanks for all of your encouragement! I really do appreciate it. It's not my norm to have the time to work out this much so I hope to enjoy it while it lasts. I thought about spending time going through paperwork because that's something that I also need to do. I think that I'm going to have to schedule it into my day, or I won't get it done. I'm sorry to hear about the temporary crown falling out. You know how sometimes they say things like that and you don't quite believe them; I guess the dentist's warning was accurate. Uggghhh is right! I hope it's not too much of a pain to get the root canal scheduled. Hang in there! Sending {{hugs}}.
Old 06-28-22, 09:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

CAMBET, I think the Push phase will be a good time to "push" to failure. You've made great progress though. I agree going slowly is a good plan.

There's a thread on GD about decluttering.
I think someone asked about FlyLady and it morphed from there. Scheduling tasks like that is probably one of the points being discussed.

Hopefully after I see the orthopedist Friday I'll have a better idea of what I can and cannot do going forward.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-29-22, 08:27 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CE Burn Intervals (alternates 47 mins of cardio and light weights). I also did about half of CH Elite: Wild Horse during the hours before I had to go to work for a meeting to help me make my hourly step goals. I made it to 9,500 steps for the day (and not 10,000) which I decided I was ok with. I dozed off after I ate dinner and did not work out until very late. I was just glad that I made myself get up and workout at all , so I decided that it didn't matter that I fell a few steps short.

I'm getting my hair done at the salon today, so I'm hoping to get in Burn 2 before my appt this evening. I previewed Push 1 last night. Should be interesting.

SB - I didn't even realize that that GD thread about FlyLady (which I had never heard of ) was about decluttering. I glanced at it yesterday after I saw that you mentioned it, but I'll have to have a better look when I get a chance. I hope that you get good news from the orthopedist on Friday (that you are healing well and everything is in alignment). Hopefully they'll also be able to give you good advice about what to do about the root canal. Hope you have good day today.
Old 06-30-22, 07:00 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I finished up CH Elite: Wild Horse during the day to help with my hourly step goals. I didn't get to Burn 2 before I had to go in to work for a meeting, so I actually did it late last night after I got home from my hair appt. I'm determined to finish the Burn phase before I leave for ATL, which means that I have to do Burn 3 on Friday and so Burn 2 had to be done yesterday. I stuck with the same weights that I used last time (mostly 12.5s and 15s). I tried not to sweat out my curls. Made it to over 10,400 steps for the day.

Hi SB!
Old 06-30-22, 08:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET. Good job getting those workouts in even late at night.
You're definitely locked into your exercise regimen. That's so inspiring. I'm glad your curls weren't adversely affected by the workout too.

I've been wearing my hair pretty long for the past several years. Several inches past my shoulders at least. But it's becoming a bit of a hassle to keep up with it now that I'm laid up. I don't wash it as often because it's just a PITA to do and it just gets knotted more easily. I've been tempted to get several inches cut off once I can get out to the salon. That might make the upkeep easier for now and I can always grow it back when I'm more mobile.
Just something I'm pondering in my long hours here with not much to do. LOL.
I do hope to get a little more productive as the weeks go on though.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-01-22, 07:57 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday, in an attempt to not sweat out my curls I decided that instead of doing the scheduled HIIT workout I would do 3 Country Heat w/os throughout the day to avoid prolonged sessions that would make me sweat and to help meet my hourly step goals (I worked from home yesterday). I did CH: Wild Goose Chase, Giddy Up, and last night I completed Trail Ride (I did that one all the way through and did sweat some, but not too bad ). Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

When I looked out this morning I realized that I needed to cut my front lawn asap because the weeds were getting quite high, it's supposed to rain this evening, and I'm planning to leave for Atlanta in the morning. I don't want to come back to supper high grass. So I got out there and cut the front and, did end up sweating out my curls but I've tried to dry it out and I'm planning to try to recreate the style it was in.

I have a lot to do today, but I'll get CE Burn 3 done before the day is over.

SB - I hope that everything goes well today with the orthopedist. I totally understand what you mean about maybe cutting your hair so that it is easier to deal with why you are recovering. I think you should do whatever you feel like would be the most convenient for you. I'm thinking about getting braids put in for the summer to deal with my hair. Since I'm working out so much I'm sweating it out almost every single day and I just don't have the time or energy for what would be the necessary upkeep. I have two casual hats that I've been wearing to work almost every day when I go (since my hair is usually a mess if I don't wash it that day) but the braids would just make my life so much easier and I'm thinking that I would wear them in an updo so that they would be less bothersome. I'm going to see if my niece can do them while I'm in Atlanta, or maybe I'd be willing to go back in a week or two. I hope you have a good day!
Old 07-01-22, 01:25 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET. I almost didn't come on today I'm pretty bummed out. The ankle didn't stay in alignment and the doctor recommended surgery. She said I don't have to have it and it should heal without it but I guess there's a better outcome with the surgery and a shorter healing time? I'm just a little overwhelmed right now and not sure what to do.
Any healing thoughs and vibes are greatly appreciated.

You're doing such a good job with your rotation. Keep up the great work. The braids sound like a great idea especially with your workout schedule.

Have a wonderful time in Atlanta!!
Old 07-04-22, 07:51 AM  
cambet

Good Morning!

Happy 4th of July!

Friday I did CH: Cardio Round Up and made it to 11,000 steps for the day.

Saturday - I ended up not coming to Atlanta on Saturday because on Friday I found out that a friend who I hadn't seen in a while was coming to town the next day, so I stayed in SC to see him. I did CE Burn 3 for the last time. I could have upped the weights a bit more but I decided not to since Push is just around the corner. I tacked on JS's 10 Min Dance Walk. I thought my friend was going to arrive in the evening, but he arrived early afternoon (I had JUST finished my workout when he got here so I had to shower quickly and go out to meet him), so it kind of threw off the rest of my day since I didn't get back home until after 9:00 pm. I did some CH at the end of the day to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

I drove to Atlanta yesterday and got here just in time to participate in the small birthday celebration for my mother. We had a nice time. I had over 6,000 steps by the time that I got to my sister's house last night, so I did CH: Wild Goose Chase and have of CHE: Rope & Ride to make it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

SB - I was so sorry to read about the situation with your ankle. I totally understand why you would feel overwhelmed and bummed out. I've definitely been sending healing vibes and positive thoughts! Maybe you could take a few days to think about it and read up on ankle surgery vs. not having the surgery to decide which one you think would be the better option for you. I know it's a lot to think about. Well, sending {{hugs}} again. Take the time you need; I'm still hopeful that everything will work out in the end. I hope that you have a good day today.
Old 07-04-22, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[COLOR="Red"]Hi CAMBET, great job with your workouts and steps. It sounds like a nice time with your friend on Saturday. I'm glad you made it to Atlanta in time for your mom's birthday celebration.
How is your mom doing?

I know you're sending good thoughts my way and I appreciate it so much. I'm doing a little research too. The doctor did tell me it will heal without the surgery and I'll be able to walk normally so I think the surgery just keeps things in alignment. She said I'll most likely have arthritis either way so I tend to stick with the more conservative approach in that case. I'm still mulling it over.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Atlanta.
Looking forward to your Push adventure next!!/COLOR]