Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-29-22, 05:48 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,533

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 01:05 PM  
lynnf

I felt a bit tired and sore today so thought I would take it easy and do an old favorite Ellen Barrett, Fusion Flow. Somehow ended up dripping sweat on my mat, which never usually happens. Go figure.

Cheryl, your Heather experience is kind of like mine in reverse, I guess. I was theoretically doing an easy workout, but my body didn't think so. You felt you were working harder, but burning less calories. Sometimes the mind and body just don't link up quite right. Hope your shipment comes at the updated time. I'm sure you will feel so good once your stuff FINALLY arrives. By the way your vocal workouts sound cool.

Cynthia, hope you enjoy the new BB workouts. Sounds like they will be right up your alley.

Diana, is the weather cool enough for you to be walking outside?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 03:52 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Intense Full Body Strength from Heather. It's another older one. Four sets of everything back to back, but no compound moves, thankfully. Just intervals of lower, upper, or abs. I also got plenty of steps. Last week was a big week step-wise as I got almost 93k. With four staircases to reach my bedroom in my house as well walking everywhere, from the local market to Sephora, it just kind of happens.

I planned this week carefully because we're going out of town tomorrow overnight for a housewarming party. So I won't be checking in tomorrow or the next day.

Today I had acupuncture for my tendonitis. She did massage first and after, and she attached electrodes to the accupuncture needles. My arms definitely responded and are already so much better, even though she said I would probably be sore for a few days. I will go back next week. She said when I am better I need to do forearm/wrist resistance training to support those areas better. Those are not areas usually covered with strength training.

Lynn, I love picking old favorites when tired and sore. Hope you get good rest tonight.

Cynthia, wish you could ship some pancakes here, haha. I guess I need to make some! We have a restaurant around the corner (we can see their courtyard from our back windows) that sells wonderful pancakes. They have all kinds of toppings, from fruits to nutella, etc. DD likes apple-pear and vanilla gelado (the Portuguese gelato) on hers.

Diana, hope you are having a great week!
Old 06-29-22, 09:33 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn We are walking later in the evening. We start around 7:45. How are you feeling today? Hopefully you are less sore.

Cheryl I hope you have a nice trip and housewarming party.

Cynthia Are you feeling better?

Check-In: 45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-30-22, 12:57 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thank you, I am feeling better. Still tire easily. I took a nap today, even though I'd had a good night's sleep.

Cheryl, enjoy your trip.

Lynn, I haven't done an Ellen in a while, but her DVDs are keepers.

Today I did Lastics Express, the fruit of a VF trade. Some unusual stretches, but they felt good.

I'm going hiking with a friend tomorrow and then making pancakes at church as part of a breakfast-food dinner.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 10:40 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 7,109

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-30-22, 12:26 PM  
lynnf

No exercise unless you count the dentist. It went pretty well, but there is a problem with one tooth, which might need root canal and a crown. I need to have an endodontist check out the root and have my dentist in NYC also give a second opinion. It's been having sensitivity so I'm not surprised and also a bit loose. I'm still a bit sore, so I think I need a bit of rest overall, so might just do some gentle yoga today later.

Cheryl, have a great trip. I know I walk so much more in Europe so not surprised at all your steps. Nice you found a good acupuncturist and that it's helping you.

Cynthia, good you are getting the rest you need. Bet the kids love breakfast for dinner!

Diana, great idea to get out walking late. It's also very peaceful at that time.

Last edited by lynnf; 06-30-22 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 09:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, this dinner was part of the IHELP program, for homeless men. They had asked for breakfast food, including "that woman's pancakes," which they had before.

Today I hiked in Garland Ranch Park in Carmel Valley, with a friend. She has a hiking app -- 5.7 miles, with 1,000 feet gain in elevation. Then I had a quick shower & change & made pancakes. I left as soon as I was done cooking (brought my gear home to wash it) so I could put my feet up and ice my knees.

Lynn, best wishes for successful tooth treatment.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 09:44 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia Great job on the hike.

Lynn I hope everything goes well with the dental work.

Check-In: 30 minute walk & JS Standing Abs

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana