Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-14, 06:05 PM  
ots

Holiday gift exchange

Hi Everyone,

It's hard to believe that it's already time for the gift exchange - but, it is. If you haven't participated before, it's a lot of fun. Read some of the past year's threads. And, if you are interested in a vidiot style holiday gift exchange, follow the directions below:

1. To participate:

Please e-mail me by 10-24-2014. My e-mail address is mandagermain@comcast.net. Please put "VF Gift Exchange" in the subject line so I don't accidentally delete it as junk mail.

Your e-mail should contain:

Your VF Username (for example, mine is "ots")
Your Real Name
Your Mailing Address

I will e-mail you a confirmation that I received your e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation from me, that means I didn't receive it. In that case, please PM me at VF.

Last year, a couple of people volunteered to be willing to be matched with our international VFers. If you're willing, let me know.

2. I will put all participants' names in a bucket.

3. On 10-25-14, I will e-mail each participant the name and address of another member (which I will get by drawing a name randomly from the bucket). Last year, we had at least one person that got the same person as the previous year - it's bound to happen. If that happens to you and you want to switch out - let me know right away!

4. To participate, each person will send a fitness DVD that you think the person will really like. A wishlist thread is generally started after the names are listed --- please participate in that thread. You may also include a small token gift (something inexpensive) that the person might like.

5. Another fun part is searching the VF boards to learn more about your person to come up with the perfect items - read some of their posts. This is easy to do...just do a search under their username and all the threads they have participated in will come up. But, even if you don't post often, don't worry - I haven't posted in a while myself. It's all about having fun.

6. Gifts must be mailed out (postmarked) by December 5th. Please make sure that you can postmark your gift by December 5th --- some people have had to wait until after Christmas for their gifts and that isn't fair to them. Obviously, things happen -- but, let's stick with the holiday spirit!

7. This goes without saying, but PLEASE only sign up if you will follow-through. I'd hate to see anyone disappointed by not receiving a gift! This did happen in the past - so please be considerate.

Hope you will all participate...you can post comments here, but please remember to also e-mail me your name, address.

THANKS!
Anne.
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 06:12 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Woo hoo! I'm in again this year! I can't wait!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 06:41 PM  
iheartsts

So excited! I have more fun shopping for my VF giftee than I do for my "regular" friends and relatives!!
Old 10-01-14, 07:05 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I'm in!
Old 10-01-14, 07:23 PM  
sherry7899

Thank you for coordinating this every year, Anne! I absolutely love participating.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 08:32 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I'm in!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 08:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I always look forward to this event at VF! It really is a fun way to participate in some Holiday Cheer!

Thanks again, Anne!

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 12:36 AM  
sm4987

I'm so ready for this!
Old 10-02-14, 06:51 AM  
MJ525

I am so in! I'm like a little kid when I get that package
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 07:49 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It occurred to me that I hadn't been on last night to catch this thread! Thanks for coordinating this every year, Anne. Fire up the spreadsheet!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote