Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-14, 01:21 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

ok, the Madeleine Lewis Walking Fit kit DVD (came in a cardboard sleeve) has 2 workouts - 27 min weights workout and a 23 minute stretching workout. here's a few VF reviews of it:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=200

it's filmed on the Big island of Hawaii and the production value is excellent. the stretching footage from this DVD is not from her separate AM/PM Stretch DVD.

i love the walking audio CD from this kit - the music is my all-time favorite.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-14, 07:42 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thanks, Jeannine, I'll bet that what's it is. I just don't want to pay $9.99 for 15 minutes...

It's available for download through Purple Player for $7.99, but I haven't had the best of luck purchasing their downloads.

Carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
it seems like Kathy took the stretch segment from the DVD i referred to and made a separate DVD.

let me go check my Rejuvenation DVD to see how long the stretch segment is. if it's 15 min (like the link you gave), it might be the same one.

Madeleine Lewis might have provided another stretch segment that came with her Walking kit from Gaiam. i'll go check my inventory and report back.

EDITED TO ADD:
here is a clip from the stretch segment (15:20 run time for the stretch part only) from the Walk & Stretch DVD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23YXxoM7Mv8

on the Walk and Stretch DVD, it's a separate chapter from the main menu.
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 08:01 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraKate View Post
*grumble*
*mutter*

why do I open these threads?!

ordered a bendy body dvd.

*grumble*
Tee-Hee!

I like Mirabai Holland's Fabulous Forever stretch. Easy, gentle stretches done on a lovely beach.
Old 10-18-14, 12:25 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

it's heeeeere (a la poltergeist)
Old 10-18-14, 01:12 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraKate View Post
it's heeeeere (a la poltergeist)
Let us know how you like it.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 01:24 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Let us know how you like it.
Yes, please! I put this one on my wish list, but would like to see some reviews before I shell out $25 for a dvd from an unknown instructor. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Jennifer
Old 10-18-14, 01:31 PM  
msu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Thank you for your replies. I also like Lee Holden. I need to look at Jessica Smith's stretch on youtube.

If I were to only get 1 CS which one should I get?

Does anyone like the KV I mentioned? Is it yoga like or athletic stretch?
If you would like to buy just one season, I would say Classical Stretch Season 8. I have all her stuff and for some reason, that one is the best ever. If you are looking for a smaller commitment and want a stand alone one hour dvd, I would say Classical Stretch Core Workout. I love, love, love, that one and it never gets old with beach scenery to boot.
msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 03:04 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu View Post
If you would like to buy just one season, I would say Classical Stretch Season 8. I have all her stuff and for some reason, that one is the best ever. If you are looking for a smaller commitment and want a stand alone one hour dvd, I would say Classical Stretch Core Workout. I love, love, love, that one and it never gets old with beach scenery to boot.
I did 824 this morning because yesterday I had to carry a couple of 50 pound bags of feed from my driveway back to where the chicken coop is (maybe two Olympic pool lengths). Then I had to hold them up while the feed poured into the bins. My back was a bit tetchy the rest of the day.

I could feel my muscles re-aligning and moving into proper position (or maybe it was the fascia I felt--not too sure) as I did the workout. I've felt great all day, and I spent about an hour pulling weeds after the workout.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-14, 08:23 PM  
Diana3271

Thank you for the Classical Stretch suggestion. I will take a look at that.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-14, 03:01 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Thanks, Jeannine, I'll bet that what's it is. I just don't want to pay $9.99 for 15 minutes...

It's available for download through Purple Player for $7.99, but I haven't had the best of luck purchasing their downloads.

Carol
it's OK, but not worth $10 for 15 min. i'd comb ebay to check for the DVD that has both the walking workout PLUS the stretch. i got the set of DVDs (Rejuvenaton Walk + Stretch) and Rejuvenation Total Body Toning for $10.99 including shipping!

i think the original owner must have kept the gadgets from the kit and sold off the DVDs.

regarding purple player - i wanted to get Michelle Dozois's Ultimate Workout and it's only sold via purple player, including on Mary's site. i want it, but i'll just get it later. Mary said 1 person had trouble opening the file using purple player, so she refunded the customer's money.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madeleine lewis, mirabai holland, stretch dvds, stretching