Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-17, 12:10 PM  
Salamander

Program/ Rotation for January

Hi, wondering what programs/systems everyone is planning to do after the holidays? I have Piyo, which I've been wanting to do for awhile, but I just saw a FB ad for Barre3.... I'm also interested in trying Lekfit. So many choices!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-17, 01:33 PM  
Tugger31

After I finish Walk Strong 3, I will be doing Cathe's new series which are supposed to be shorter workouts overall which is what I'm hoping for. I tweaked my diet about 8 weeks ago and cut my workouts back to 30 minutes 4-5 days a week and have lost 4 lbs without really even trying. After the holidays I plan to cut back a little more on some of my snacking to make some more progress.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-17, 01:43 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm thinking CLX mixed in with the new Cathes for January.

I'm all into more strength, less cardio right now, but had a weird, unsettled December with lots of travel and scattershot, unfocused workouts. I'm also burned out on Body Beast which is my mainstay for serious weights work. Hoping Cathe and Chalene will add some structure.
Old 12-24-17, 01:44 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
......So many choices!
Yeah, I'm still waffling too I almost always start the year with a heavy weight rotation but just haven't connected yet. I'm trying to talk myself into finally doing CLX (embarrassing how long I have put it off ) but am also considering Edge Booty Extreme and Body Beast. I strayed and went a little lighter with Hammer & Chisel last January. I enjoyed the change but didn't get as good of results (I kept good muscle tone but didn't get as ripped). I want to repeat P90X2 after I complete the heavy weight rotation so at least I have that plan in place.

I'll probably preview next week and see if anything clicks. I've done EBX and BB rotations in the past but sometimes a quick look will spark a decision. I really should do CLX but I worry Chalene will get on my nerves and I'll bail
Old 12-24-17, 01:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Sunday, 12/31 I'm starting Walk Strong 3 rotation plus I'll be adding Pilates by Lisa workouts about 3-4 times per week. More if I feel like it, but WS3 will be my main rotation.

I'm starting on Dec 31 only because I like to start my rotations on Sundays rather than Mondays.
Old 12-24-17, 02:08 PM  
bubbles76

I don't know. Like Taiga I usually start the new year with heavy weights, specifically Cathe. However, I will be coming off a Firm 90 day rotation and I think that something lighter may be in order. Maybe Jessica Smith, maybe Jillian Michaels (pretty new to me), maybe my Pilates focused rotation, or any other numerous programs that are on my shelf. So many choices! I did sign up for a 30 day yoga rotation, so I know I will need short workouts to follow up for strength and cardio. That's as far as I have gotten with planning
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-17, 02:49 PM  
IceQueen07

I love doing barre and callanetics, but just feel I need a structured rotation to try and get me on track. Picking random DVDs to do is not working for me. Trying to decide between 21 day Fix or Hammer & Chisel, I just can't figure out which one would be better. Never done either. Then there is also the 80 Day Obsession that I want to try.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-17, 05:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I'm going to stay with what has been working for me: barre DVDs. Might try the local (non-franchise) Carmel Barre studio too.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-17, 06:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Planning on doing Pilates By Lisa's New Year Challenge plus some of Leslie's Walk 15 Challenge on YouTube. I'm thinking I'll do Jessica's Walk Strong 3 set in February.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-17, 06:44 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I joked about doing this as a rotation in the past, but I think it's actually what I'm going to do for at least January and February. I called it my 8-Count Rotation or I Can't Count to 9 It includes:

Ballet Beautiful
Tae-Bo
Jung Daeyon FigureRobics
and Dance classes / workouts

Everything is done counting to 8 over and over again, lol!! I was originally going to work in CLX and Jari Love and some Cathe and KCM, but I did CLX last week and my knees were really bothered by all the squats and lunges. I'm going to try to strengthen the muscles around the knee with floor work via Ballet Beautiful first. The Tae Bo and FigureRobics are pretty well rounded for balancing out everything else, especially the workouts that include resistance.

Tags
january rotation, rotations