Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-17, 11:21 AM  
clh4207

Essentrics Summer Sale

Looks like the sale has started. Ends July 6th. 20% off DVDs and 30% off bundles.
Old 06-28-17, 12:22 PM  
BunnyHop

Couldn't resist the Vintage dvd collection.

http://www.essentrics.com/page/produ...DVD_Bundle.htm
Old 06-28-17, 04:20 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'm thinking about Season 9. I just keep wondering how different the seasons really are - do I need more? I have Seasons 8, 10 and 11 as well as several Essentrics. I find that many of the stretches are the same in many episodes, just in a different order or in a different episode. Since I already have 90 CS episodes and lots of Essentrics - how many different episodes does a person really need? I already have several months worth! Of course, I am a vidiot.

I was tempted by the Vintage Collection for a few minutes, but I feel that Miranda keeps improving with every season and I hesitate to buy anything that old.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 06:18 PM  
dmlarue1

joni I so relate to your post. I really don't need more classical stretch. I already have 6-10, but I keep looking at 11 for some reason
others could speak to this more than me, but I think some of the moves have been the same through the seasons, for example the sidelying leg series

Season 9 is different than I thought it would be. I thought the pain relief ones would be really slow and stretchy like the back pain relief dvd, but honestly they are just like all the other episodes (at least the ones I have tried). the weight loss ones seem to be more toning based. For example, I did 923 today and it had standing stretches and reaches and the 2nd half was a longer side leg lift section on the floor.

What I do like about nine is it is in Mexico...I love the scenery and the birds singing.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 06:39 PM  
tangerine

I am also intrigued by Season 10, I liked the few episodes I saw from that one...is their end of year sale better than 20% though? I can't remember!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 06:44 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I was tempted by the Vintage Collection for a few minutes, but I feel that Miranda keeps improving with every season and I hesitate to buy anything that old.
Few years ago I bought Vintage Vol. 2, and I think it's really, really good. I don't have Vol. 1 because it was OOP when I bought Vol. 2. My favorite workouts on Vol 2 are the Hallways and the Oceanside, but I like them all. They're really good and Miranda is vibrant in these. If Vol 1 was available for purchase as a single volume, I would probably buy it, but I don't need another Vol 2. I hear you about hesitating to buy more seasons....I pretty much have them all too, and while I have my favorites, they're not sufficiently different from each other for me to buy Seasons that I don't already have. I think I will pass on this sale, but if there is Season 12 later on this year, I may buy it.
Old 06-28-17, 09:15 PM  
agatha
VF Supporter

Like Usia, I'm interested in Vintage Volume 1, already owning Volume 2. I'm waiting for a reply to see if Volume 1 is available on it's own.
agatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 09:53 PM  
BunnyHop

8, 10 and 11 are my favorite seasons, but I'm always intrigued to see what else I can learn. I do think the newer seasons are best from a technical standpoint. Some of the older episodes have some technical issues, sound, distractedness, goofed up cueing, etc. but none of it bothers me all THAT much. I do like the way they've changed how they incorporate/mention their corporate sponsors. It seems less intrusive now.

If you ask me, the workouts tend to flow better in more recent seasons. I also much prefer the workouts when they're grouped into all floor, all barre, etc. I don't mind DOING the moves, but find the transition to and from the floor quite daunting/distracting, and prefer not to have to do it mid-workout the way you do in earlier seasons. Something technical about the way the episodes are structured now makes the transitions seem easier. Maybe just something in the way they're edited?

I'm apparently a completist, and couldn't resist getting the vintage set to round out my collection. I'm intrigued to see/experience the older workouts that others have praised so much over the years. (Don't feel the need to own ALL the older Essentrics, though.)

For me, lately, I just try to keep myself focused on the advice from the pain relief set, moving just within my own limits, etc.

It doesn't really bother me that the seasons seem much the same. It feels more like a live class if I don't repeat things too often.
Old 06-28-17, 10:38 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have to have them all!

I love the variety of settings and Miranda's creativity. Her ideas and research definitely change and progress. If you don't own Season 11, I think it is good. It moves slower, but slower doesn't equal easier.

Season 9 was different for me. Some of her ideas didn't jive with me but I found enough episodes that I love in Season 9 that I do use it. It is more toning based and I think some of the episodes are tough.

I find I reach for 10 less just because I don't like all barre or all floor episodes. Plenty of all standing episodes....I just prefer her other formats.

But hey, I never met a CS season or workout I didn't need to have....or regretted purchasing.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 11:14 PM  
BamaTanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Couldn't resist the Vintage dvd collection.

http://www.essentrics.com/page/produ...DVD_Bundle.htm
When did these come back??? I have Vintage 2 but I've looked for Vintage 1 (in pieces) for ages!

Sigh. What is this compulsion to complete the set?
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essentrics