Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-13, 07:43 PM  
amoodygirl
 
amoodygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
Here is the part of her answer I don't understand. This is supposed to go live Monday, June 10th. Yet, she isn't doing the Twitter Chat until Wednesday, June 12th??? If people's decision to subscribe is hinging on several questions, why not develop a FAQ?
Exactly! Live site on Monday the 10th but all questions answered on the 12th during a twitter chat? The answer did not make any sense and therefore it seemed evasive to me. Maybe she's gotten too big too quickly. I've seen this happen to other businesses and if they don't get a handle on it, they implode pretty quickly.

Nevertheless, I guess I'll wait to see what we see. The thing is there are so many free workouts out there now - vivace, Jessica Smith, and so many more - that people who don't want to pay for her workouts can gravitate elsewhere.

Diane
__________________
“It is better to travel well than to arrive.” Buddha
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 07:44 PM  
hypnomoon
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Heaven forbid anyone make money in the fitness industry. No one ever tells music artists that they are making too much money and purchasing their music supports their extravagant lifestyle. Same with professional athletes.

The haters need to shut up, be supportive or go do their own thing. No one is forcing them into 'supporting' her lifestyle.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 08:34 PM  
LoveVA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post

LoveVA - ...I don't think it is fair to dismiss those that are upset that they will no longer get free weekly workouts from her, since that is what they have come to expect and have been doing for years. It is a shock to their system, no doubt. Having said that, I think the idea of downloadable or paid YouTube workouts or whatever way she is going to go is absolutely fine. There are plenty of sites out there doing it now and for A LOT more than $10/month. I think $10/month is a GREAT price point and will probably subscribe just because!

Carrie
And I don't think it's necessary or fair for posters to her website to react with such nastiness just because she has decided to charge for something that she had offered for free. If they were mediocre workouts but people did them because, hey, they're free, then maybe I could understand people not wanting to pay for them. But for some of them to think that she should continue to offer great workouts for free indefinitely simply because she has been doing so in the past just seems strange to me. No one knows how much or how little money she is making from clicks. Maybe she wants more. So be it.

The London Times started charging to access its newspaper content online after having offered it for free for years. I used to spend an hour online every Sunday reading their articles and special features. Was I annoyed? Maybe a tad. But did I think that they should have continued to offer it for free simply because they had been doing so for years? No. If anything, I was surprised that they had done it for as long as they had. Was I so annoyed that I felt compelled to write them a nasty email? Absolutely not.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 08:47 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter
 
lreidgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Heaven forbid anyone make money in the fitness industry. No one ever tells music artists that they are making too much money and purchasing their music supports their extravagant lifestyle. Same with professional athletes.

The haters need to shut up, be supportive or go do their own thing. No one is forcing them into 'supporting' her lifestyle.
I agree. I also agree with LoveVa. I was disappointed that the NY Times online started charging for access to more than 10 articles/month but hey they need to make money to continue to publish. So I decided to subscribe because it is valuable to me. I don't do ZWOWs regularly but if I did I would have to decide whether it was worth it to me to pay $10/month. It doesn't sound like an unreasonable price considering the cost of gym memberships and trainers. Meanwhile her first 70 ZWOWs will still be available for free. Can't beat that.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 08:51 PM  
Gatorfan76
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Smile

I'm in if the workouts are downloadable and ours to keep :-)
Don't think I'd pay $120 a year for streaming workouts ;-)
__________________
CHERYL
Gatorfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 09:08 PM  
carres1973
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Heaven forbid anyone make money in the fitness industry. No one ever tells music artists that they are making too much money and purchasing their music supports their extravagant lifestyle. Same with professional athletes.

The haters need to shut up, be supportive or go do their own thing. No one is forcing them into 'supporting' her lifestyle.
I actually agree that $10 is very reasonable and have no problem. However, I think people have a right to express their opinion without being told to "shut up."

And I do think people say professional athletes make too much money...all the time!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 10:32 PM  
koinonia
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Good for Zuzka. I hope her new business venture is an absolute zuccess.

I really like her and think she deserves it.

I read some of the negative comments on her website, but the positive and supportive ones far outnumber the negatives. You can't please everybody I guess.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 11:45 PM  
Susan
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Exotic USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I'm sure you're right. But, in my small defense, I originally asked the question via email so no one else would have known that my question was being answered. It wasn't until they sent me what appeared to be a cut-and-paste email that I posted on her FB page.

Diane
Oh, I absolutely agree with you that they should have just answered your question via email and not tried to seem so mysterious!

I was just trying to figure out what their reasoning may have been -- and also wondering if whomever answered your email didn't know the answer to your question and tried to cover by telling you to wait for the announcement.
__________________
Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 12:00 AM  
Susan
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Exotic USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Heaven forbid anyone make money in the fitness industry. No one ever tells music artists that they are making too much money and purchasing their music supports their extravagant lifestyle. Same with professional athletes.

The haters need to shut up, be supportive or go do their own thing. No one is forcing them into 'supporting' her lifestyle.
I disagree that the haters need to shut up.

I do think they should be polite, but I don't think it is at all necessary for everyone to be supportive. If they disagree with the new subscription format, they have every right to express their displeasure. And realistically, Zuzana needs to hear both positive and negative feedback in order to make the best business decisions. She may have many, many subscribers right now, but she is certainly going to lose a fair percentage of them when they have to start paying her.

And FWIW, everyone I know thinks celebrities and professional athletes make way too much money for what they do.
__________________
Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 09:01 AM  
amoodygirl
 
amoodygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
I'm in if the workouts are downloadable and ours to keep :-)
Don't think I'd pay $120 a year for streaming workouts ;-)
I received an email this morning from someone - I don't think they're affiliated with Zuzana but who knows. Anyway, she said that ZGym would most likely be streamed because of *you know why* - which I'm guessing means people can steal them and sell them. She said that it will be streamed just like Bob Harper's new WIN workouts. If that's true, I'm out. Just can't stream to my workout area.

Diane
__________________
“It is better to travel well than to arrive.” Buddha
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
zuzana, zuzana light, zuzka, zwow

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness