Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-18, 08:17 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Anyone still doing Pvolve?

I'm now on week 9 of my 12-week rotation and thought I would share a quick update. During weeks 5-8 I bumped up my Pvolve workout time a bit to 3 hours a week. I also tried to be more active in general, mostly to get outside and walk more regularly. I almost quit the rotation around weeks 5-6 as I was getting bored and did not see any specific results. I am SO glad I stayed with it though as something clicked for me shortly around that time and I started to REALLY feel these workouts. I think the form is so different from what I usually do that I needed more time but when I finally got it down I started feeling parts of my butt I never felt before, like the "inner butt" and WOW the workouts suddenly got a lot more challenging

I also think the workouts posted are getting progressively more challenging, with some longer sequences (i.e., more exercises on one side before moving to the next), fewer and shorter breaks, and a slightly faster pace.

I am starting to see some subtle changes in the shape of my butt (this is really an excellent program if you're looking for a round and lifted butt!) and my abs feel very flat and strong. I love his standing ab work and plank work with the gliders.

This was my workouts for weeks 5-8:

WEEK 5 (3h00)

We Love to Glide
(50 min. / class + music / glider / standing + floor)

Knock and Squeeze
(50 min. / one-on-one / hand + ankle weights; glider / standing + floor)

Let’s Get Cheeky With the P.ball
(30 min. / one-on-one / p.ball / standing + floor)

All Light Resistance Band
(48 min. / class + music / yellow loop + glider / standing + floor)

WEEK 6 (3h00)

Toned Up & Strong
(53 min. / one-on-one/ hand + ankle weights; glider / standing + floor)

Body Tight, Thighs Toned
(50 min. / one-on-one / hand weights; green loop / standing + floor)

Miami Ready
(48 min. / one-on-one / glider / standing + floor)

Arm Abs & Butt with P.ball
(32 min. / one-on-one / p.ball; hand weights / standing + floor)

WEEK 7 (3h00)

Toned Up & Strong

The Movement is Precise
(39 min. / class + music / hand weights; green loop / standing & floor)

P.volve Class with the P.ball
(50 min. / class + music / hand + ankle weights; glider; p.ball / standing + floor)

Runway Ready
(40 min. / one-on-one / green and yellow loop / standing + floor)

WEEK 8 (3h00)

Stretch & Elongate
(39 min. / one-on-one / hand + ankle weights; glider / standing + floor)

P.volve Thigh & Ab Class
(51 min. / class + music / ankle weights; green loop / standing + floor)

Burn Baby Burn!
(47 min. / one-on-one / hand + ankle weights; glider / standing + floor)

Elated to Be Elevated
(44 min. / one-on-one / glider; pball / standing + floor)

And here's an updated version of my little document describing all the workouts:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pvolve workouts.pdf (82.3 KB, 229 views)
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 10:02 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting, fuzzie. I'm not doing Pvolve anymore, but I love reading about your results! Interesting about how it clicked and now it's harder. So what will you do after 12 weeks?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 10:04 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Anyone still doing Pvolve?

I'm now on week 9 of my 12-week rotation and thought I would share a quick update. During weeks 5-8 I bumped up my Pvolve workout time a bit to 3 hours a week. I also tried to be more active in general, mostly to get outside and walk more regularly. I almost quit the rotation around weeks 5-6 as I was getting bored and did not see any specific results. I am SO glad I stayed with it though as something clicked for me shortly around that time and I started to REALLY feel these workouts. I think the form is so different from what I usually do that I needed more time but when I finally got it down I started feeling parts of my butt I never felt before, like the "inner butt" and WOW the workouts suddenly got a lot more challenging

I also think the workouts posted are getting progressively more challenging, with some longer sequences (i.e., more exercises on one side before moving to the next), fewer and shorter breaks, and a slightly faster pace.

I am starting to see some subtle changes in the shape of my butt (this is really an excellent program if you're looking for a round and lifted butt!) and my abs feel very flat and strong. I love his standing ab work and plank work with the gliders.

This was my workouts for weeks 5-8:

WEEK 5 (3h00)

We Love to Glide
(50 min. / class + music / glider / standing + floor)

Knock and Squeeze
(50 min. / one-on-one / hand + ankle weights; glider / standing + floor)

Let’s Get Cheeky With the P.ball
(30 min. / one-on-one / p.ball / standing + floor)

All Light Resistance Band
(48 min. / class + music / yellow loop + glider / standing + floor)

WEEK 6 (3h00)

Toned Up & Strong

Body Tight, Thighs Toned
(50 min. / one-on-one / hand weights; green loop / standing + floor)

Miami Ready
(48 min. / one-on-one / glider / standing + floor)

Arm Abs & Butt with P.ball
(32 min. / one-on-one / p.ball; hand weights / standing + floor)

WEEK 7 (3h00)

Toned Up & Strong

The Movement is Precise
(39 min. / class + music / hand weights; green loop / standing & floor)

P.volve Class with the P.ball
(50 min. / class + music / hand + ankle weights; glider; p.ball / standing + floor)

Runway Ready
(40 min. / one-on-one / green and yellow loop / standing + floor)

WEEK 8 (3h00)

Stretch & Elongate
(39 min. / one-on-one / hand + ankle weights; glider / standing + floor)

P.volve Thigh & Ab Class
(51 min. / class + music / ankle weights; green loop / standing + floor)

Burn Baby Burn!
(47 min. / one-on-one / hand + ankle weights; glider / standing + floor)

Elated to Be Elevated
(44 min. / one-on-one / glider; pball / standing + floor)

And here's an updated version of my little document describing all the workouts:
Love to hear this and thanks for the updated file. I am still doing it, but I have joined a barre 3 studio, so I'm trying to combine them.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 12:50 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Bee - I'm not sure what I will do next. I have been toying with the idea of finally giving Kayla Itsines a try but I'm a afraid of getting bored with her plan. I really, really miss LEKfit so I might do another round of that

Sue - Oh I bet Barre3 and Pvolve go well together! Please keep up posted on how you integrate them and how it works for you.

Also, I just saw on Pvolve's IG account that they just filmed a workout with PopSugar
Old 03-02-18, 10:05 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Bee - I'm not sure what I will do next. I have been toying with the idea of finally giving Kayla Itsines a try but I'm a afraid of getting bored with her plan. I really, really miss LEKfit so I might do another round of that
I downloaded the Sweat app for a month so I could look at Kayla's programs, including Kelsey Wells new power workout. The app is better than a paper workout for me, but not quite the flexibility of streaming. However, they do have video examples of each exercise and there is a calendar to schedule your workouts. I like Kelsey's mix of weights and bodyweight exercises. There's a pretty active community on the app as well. The app has a 7 day free trial.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-18, 10:04 AM  
desertMermaid

Fuzzie,

I'm doing P.bodies still/again. I did two weeks, then two weeks of Sleek Technique, and now I've been doing P.Volve for two weeks again. I signed up for the free 30 days for valentines offer that I posted about.

I've not seen any results, except that I put on a jacket and slacks yesterday that I haven't worn in a few months and it felt a bit snug! Not sure it's anything to do with p.volve, I don't have a scale, I only get weighed about once a year, and my weight hasn't really changed in about 5 years using this data point. And I didn't measure myself before starting any of these programs. My indicator has always been my clothes. And I've been getting lots of use out of my oven the last couple months, making bread and cookies, cakes, etc. So take all of that with a grain of salt!

That said, I agree the newer work outs more along more quickly and seem more challenging. I still like the style, but after I do Pvolve for a few weeks I start craving more "fun" style workouts. I consider Sleek Technique fun for example.

Here is what I have done during my last couple weeks:

My 30 day trial started 2/13, but I didn't start up right away because I was still completing my 2 week free sleek technique trial. So my weeks here start from subscription start.

Week 3:
Fri 2/16: Stretch & Elongate(38:50) Great!: hand/ankle weights, discs
Sat 2/17: Burn Baby Burn!(47:00) Great!: hand/ankle weights, discs
Sun 2/18: Angel Approved (42:00) Great!: hand/ankle weights
Mon 2/19: Form Perfect With No Equipment (33:10) OK: No Equipment

Week 4:
Tue 2/20: Rotate For Perfect Posture (32:34) Great!: hand/ankle weights
Thur 2/22: Sculpting & Gliding (30:44) Good: Discs
Fri 2/23: Runway Ready (39:58) Good: Ankle Resistance
Sat 2/24: p.volve thigh & abs class (51:02) Good: ankle resistant, ankle weights
Sun 2/25: Body Tight, Thighs Toned (50:31) Great!: Ankle resistance, hand weights
Mon 2/26: The movement is precise! (38:54) Great!: Ankle resistance, hand weights

Week 5:
Tue 2/27: Band work in the D! (32:08) OK: Ankle resistance, they use heavy, I only had light. Might be better with correct resistance
Wed 2/28: Do It On The Mat! (31:22) Good: No Equipment
Thu 3/1: P.volve sculpting intensity class (39:13) OK: hand/ankle weights, Discs: last part with discs is pretty good
Fri 3/2: Miami Ready (48:14) Good: discs
Sat 3/3: Not just abs (50:37) Good : P.ball. P.ball only used for last few minutes. I used makeshift ball with band.
Sun 3/4: step to be free (49:10) Great! light ankle resistance band, ankle weights
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 11:04 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Beth - Thanks for the info about the app! I already have BBG1 on paper (got it waaaay back and never tried it) but I think the app might be a little motivating. The results people are getting with this program are just so appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
And I've been getting lots of use out of my oven the last couple months, making bread and cookies, cakes, etc.

Thank you so much for sharing your rotation! I can't imagine doing these workouts 6x a week (i would definitely crave fun workouts... and those cookies ) Still, you make me want to take it up a notch for the last couple of weeks of my rotation.
Old 03-05-18, 08:03 PM  
Honeydew

I have the Complete Evolution dvd and really like it! I can do the workouts and not feel wiped out! I am also starting to see subtle changes and have just started adding in Ballet Body upper body workouts since there's not much in the dvd. What about the streaming? is there sufficient upper body work or do you feel the need to add more?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 08:47 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Beth - Thanks for the info about the app! I already have BBG1 on paper (got it waaaay back and never tried it) but I think the app might be a little motivating. The results people are getting with this program are just so appealing.
At $20 per month it's kind of expensive but it's holding my interest, so there is that. I like to pull in one day per week of barre 3 too, and I'm planning to do one of Kayla's workouts after I finish Power (PWR). You are right, the results are pretty amazing. I don't know how many follow her nutritional plan. I looked at it briefly but I think it's too much cooking for me.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 12:13 PM  
bohogirl

Honeydew I really appreciate not feeling wiped out after his workouts!!! I did the two free week trial of steaming. I think they still offer it. Worth doing if you want to try more workouts. The upper body work is sufficient. It isn’t like pushups and weightlifting so if that’s your thing, it won’t feel like enough. It reminds me a little of maybe Tracy Anderson in that you’re not doing traditional upper body exercises. But with the quadruped floor work, core work, and other moves using weights you get upper body work. Only thing I found lacking was I missed direct back work like reverse rows.
bohogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics