Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-18, 06:34 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjan View Post
I did it this morning "Pumped Upper Body Live"is what it is called I think.

Great workout! Moves very quickly, almost like a PHA for upper body only.

Loved it! Just make sure the weights are heavy enough!
I liked this one too, but why does Cathe overwork the shoulders!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-18, 08:53 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Loved Pumped Upperbody Live! My arms were shaking after and my triceps were sore! The pace was fast but easy to keep up with once you figured out your weights.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 04:42 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I've been contemplating subscribing, but I haven't enjoyed the DVD sets since ICE, mostly due to the cardio (which I just find too repetitive) and the music not so ho hum. Are the Cathe Live workouts different, or would I just be in for more of the same? Any thoughts to talk me out of it?
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 06:13 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I've been contemplating subscribing, but I haven't enjoyed the DVD sets since ICE, mostly due to the cardio (which I just find too repetitive) and the music not so ho hum. Are the Cathe Live workouts different, or would I just be in for more of the same? Any thoughts to talk me out of it?

You could try Cathe Live for a month to see if it suits you. If music is one of your determining factors then I would definitely say do not subscribe. The music is basic cardio mixes, nondescript and non- intrusive.
I would classify many of the weight works as metabolic and intermediate. Cathe rarely lifts above 15 -20 pound dumbbells. If she uses a barbell then the barbell is heavier. I find that many of the moves are reused but then she has so many Cathe Live workouts that it would be very difficult not to reuse many of the exercises. Even though I have Cathe's DVDs, I do enjoy the variety that Cathe Live offers. Some of the workouts like PHA #3 and the last Fit Tower workouts are in my opinion better than the DVD versions.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 06:24 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
All I can say is to try Cathe Live, it is awesome! It’s also low risk because you can go month to month and cancel at anytime.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 06:33 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
All I can say is to try Cathe Live, it is awesome! It’s also low risk because you can go month to month and cancel at anytime.
This! Try it for 1 month and do as many as you can in your schedule, then decide. It’s $10. You can’t beat it! If you don’t like it you’re only out $10. I love the variety.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 08:36 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Yeah, for $10, I should try it for a month I guess. Don't get me wrong, I do love Cathe (since 1993!) but gosh it's just been the same old same old cardio in her last few sets. I am a huge fan of her metabolic and lower weight work, so if she has a lot of those, then I may have to give it a whirl. I also love Cathe step workouts and it looks like she has a few listed. Do any of them have fun choreography or are they just drills?

Music is a big deal for me, so if it's just the same uninspiring type as in her latest releases I'm not sure...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 10:19 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Yeah, for $10, I should try it for a month I guess. Don't get me wrong, I do love Cathe (since 1993!) but gosh it's just been the same old same old cardio in her last few sets. I am a huge fan of her metabolic and lower weight work, so if she has a lot of those, then I may have to give it a whirl. I also love Cathe step workouts and it looks like she has a few listed. Do any of them have fun choreography or are they just drills?

Music is a big deal for me, so if it's just the same uninspiring type as in her latest releases I'm not sure...
I think you should try it for a month. Maybe the music isn’t the best, but the energy from Cathe and all the people in the class just makes it so much fun!

Her step is not as creative in the Lives as it is in some of her DVDs but it is more than just basic moves. Here is a link to one of her newer ones I really enjoyed.
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/vide...orkout.307881/

Lori
Old 03-03-18, 11:31 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:

I had a lot of fun with Cathe Live a couple years ago. But at some point I did get burned out on the metabolic type of workouts she often does. Also, the music is really NOT good on most of the workouts. Occasionally she used a fun soundtrack, but there was a lot of repetition.

So, long term it is not something I want to be subscribed to all the time. (I am preferring Les Mills On Demand for variety and fun music.)

The step workouts are choreography based mostly. Sometimes they a little harder to follow since she does not mirror cue but the ones I tried were fun.

However, if you have never subscribed before you cannot go wrong by trying it for a month or two. You will have an endless supply of excellent leg and metabolic workout to choose from. No matter what type of workouts you like, after almost 4 years of 50 workouts it will not be hard to get your money's worth and find things you like.
Old 03-03-18, 12:48 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:

The step workouts are fun! I just did one the other day that had the walk walk pivot back to the step, loved it! I’m loving the live workouts to the point that it’s hard to go back to the dvds.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, samsung