Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-18, 09:10 AM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

I was hoping for an ICE/FitSplit rotation too

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 01:14 PM  
lavna

I like the weight work but wish she would have made premixes for upper and lower body.
I'm disapointed with the cardio. I was expecting something similar to RWH or X10 since it was advertised as intense cardio and I do not think it has that level of intensity, except for Shred cardio (but I dislike the moves she chose so don't think I'll use it a lot!!!)
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 03:32 PM  
isebelleg44

I really enjoyed the weight sections in this series. I love that since were not a lot of reps in the push/pull sections that I could go really heavy for me anyway!

But man does Cathe love shoulders!

The boxing cardio was my favorite, but surprisingly I didn't mind Shred Cardio.
It was short and I just went at my own pace. I also really liked the short leg section in the boxing dvd.

The abs were ok, although I found the band a little awkward in some exercises.

If you do Cathe live, Triple Threat has moves from this series. It's 15 minutes each, of cardio, legs & upper body and I really enjoyed it!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 05:02 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I really enjoyed the weight sections in this series. I love that since were not a lot of reps in the push/pull sections that I could go really heavy for me anyway!

It was short and I just went at my own pace. I also really liked the short leg section in the boxing dvd.

If you do Cathe live, Triple Threat has moves from this series. It's 15 minutes, of cardio & legs and I really enjoyed it!
Hey Isebelle!!!! Great to see you! Stop by our check-in sometime!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 02:32 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Looks like they are issuing an updated version of the book tomorrow. Errors have been found.
I just downloaded another copy of the Fit Split user's guide and the two errors I read about previously have been fixed. I checked it against the Fit Split user guide I downloaded originally to confirm the corrections had been made. Just wanted to update the thread in case no one else has mentioned it yet.

Fit Split user's guide: https://cathe.com/fsguide/

The two errors that were corrected were:
1) pages 25 and 28 had the same premix info from Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes even though page 28 should have had the premix info for Mixed Impact Cardio/Pull Day.
2) It used to say "ICE Users Guide" when you opened the document in the Adobe software header. Now it says "Fit Split Users Guide".
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 10:33 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Shaw View Post
I was hoping for an ICE/FitSplit rotation too
me too

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 11:18 AM  
Bebop

I didn't order these.

How shoulder intensive are these?

How do they compare with CTX and 4-D's, (which I have).

How easy are the strength moves to modify? I can't do flys or any overhead moves or upright rows. I usually find a sub from a PT exercise.

Thank.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 11:46 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
I didn't order these.

How shoulder intensive are these?

How do they compare with CTX and 4-D's, (which I have).

How easy are the strength moves to modify? I can't do flys or any overhead moves or upright rows. I usually find a sub from a PT exercise.

Thank.
In my opinion the Fit Split weight workouts are easier than either CTX or 4DS (especially if you want heavier weight workouts).

If you are used to working out with Cathe, then strength move modifications are easy to come up with. The workouts in Fit Split are about as shoulder intensive as many of Cathe's workouts. For compound moves you can just do the lower body portion.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 05:18 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post

If you do Cathe live, Triple Threat has moves from this series. It's 15 minutes each, of cardio, legs & upper body and I really enjoyed it!

Triple Threat was SO FUN!! I have liked it better than a lot of her Live workouts. I'm only on my second Fit Split workout. So far so good. Looking forward to the Boxing/Legs workout tomorrow.
The Low Impact/Metabolic was decent. Not thrilling and I wasn't too keen on the sliders for the cardio so I opted to do a higher impact version.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 05:44 PM  
dianestjohn

I've done 2 of the 4 workouts - Bootcamp/L & G, which was challenging for me but which I liked just fine but did not love. But then I did LIC/Metabolic and actually Joni O'd it bout 10 minutes before the end - a rarity for me with Cathe. The whole thing seemed tedious, I was watching the clock, I find horizontal cardio extremely taxing and there was so much of it, I dislike the gliding discs and there was so much of THEM. Ugh. Also, in general with this series, I find it annoying to get out so much equipment - 5 sets of weights, gliders, band, loop, whatever. I know that's a Cathe thing but it makes me appreciate Jessica with her 1 set of weights and maybe a tall box or whatever. I'm disappointed and am hoping the last 2 workouts are ok. I loved ICE so much and am just hoping she will do an ICE 2...
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, fit split, fit split reviews