Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-17, 11:03 AM  
noraW

If I LOVE LEKfit..

What else might I love? I love the controlled movement, range of motion, plank work, etc. Sure, the music could be better, but overall it is a love fest for me with no dread factor.

That being said, I’d like to subscribe to one more service just for variety. I’d like something with a similar focuses, especially the focus on form with clear direction. Though I’ve enjoyed TA in the past, I don’t enjoy the lack of cuing and direction. I tried Pvolve, and it just didn’t click, maybe I didn’t enjoy the feel of the classes (can’t quite put my finger on it.)

Recommendations are appreciated!
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 03:41 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post
What else might I love? I love the controlled movement, range of motion, plank work, etc. Sure, the music could be better, but overall it is a love fest for me with no dread factor.

That being said, I’d like to subscribe to one more service just for variety. I’d like something with a similar focuses, especially the focus on form with clear direction. Though I’ve enjoyed TA in the past, I don’t enjoy the lack of cuing and direction. I tried Pvolve, and it just didn’t click, maybe I didn’t enjoy the feel of the classes (can’t quite put my finger on it.)

Recommendations are appreciated!
You might want to try Hamelin's Blitzmatics- he has lots of free content on YouTube to try.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 06:24 PM  
deineira

I was going to suggest Hamelin as well. He doesn't have a lot of verbal cueing, though, so if you're looking for very well cued workouts, he's not necessarily a good match. I've done LEKfit too, though and I don't think she cues excessively, so you might be fine.

I agree about the music on LEKfit. That's why I stopped my subscription...
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-17, 07:34 PM  
MoFirmer

Have you tried Terri Walsh The ART Method? Those are really good!
Old 12-20-17, 10:12 AM  
desie

The Tracy Anderson Xbox Fitness workouts are Tracy but she talks and cues in a voice over. The workouts are different from her usual fare - more core activation all the time, shorter duration (22 to 30 min.), and you can use heavier dumbbells on some exercises. They are the same in that she gradually gets you sweating and working hard; you never start gasping for air and deciding not to do it. I've used them for a really long time, I do get stronger with them, and now can use heavier weights and ankle weights and rewind and do more reps, etc. and I still like them! The music is good, does not get tiresome, is kind of an expectant vibe, like something exciting is about to happen. As with all Tracy, it helps to have had a dancing background in order to properly support your body in different positions and have acute awareness for where you are in space. If you search google, you can sometimes find them on youtube. They are called Xbox Transform 1 Toning 1, Transform 1 Toning 2, Transform 1 Toning 3, Transform 2 Toning 1, Transform 2 Toning 2, Transform 2 Toning 3. There are also 2 Cardio workouts, but I don't do them. Too much jumping for me.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-17, 08:33 PM  
Honeydew

Maybe you would like Redbird Fitness Body Engineering? It reminds me of TA but with better instruction and more slow controlled moves. The instructor talks through out the entire workout which I know some hate, but I'd rather have good instruction/form pointers than just silence. Here's a free workout I found on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7dV8nuLUlo
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 10:58 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
Maybe you would like Redbird Fitness Body Engineering? It reminds me of TA but with better instruction and more slow controlled moves. The instructor talks through out the entire workout which I know some hate, but I'd rather have good instruction/form pointers than just silence. Here's a free workout I found on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7dV8nuLUlo
Honeydew - This looks fantastic, thank you so much for sharing! Have you tried their online programs? I am finishing a 3-month LEKfit rotation at the moment and I am set to do a couple of months of pvolve for the New Year, but this definitely looks like something I would love.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 05:18 PM  
noraW

Thanks for the recommendations!

Does Hamelin still sell blitzmatic? His site is a bit confusing.

I did try the Art Method before, I somewhat enjoyed the workouts but have recently been put off by Terri being political. I know some can separate the two but I personally can’t.

Desie I don’t have Xbox but will take a look,at YouTube to see if it fits the bill, thank you!

Honeydew, those look great! I’ll have to try them out!

Can anyone comment on the content currently offered on DanceBody? I did it about a year ago, but I don’t quite remember. Would the sculpting workouts be similar to Lekfit in any way?

Thanks!
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-17, 04:30 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post
Thanks for the recommendations!

Does Hamelin still sell blitzmatic? His site is a bit confusing.
Yes, his site is definitely confusing! If you are interested in his older workouts I suggest sending a message to info@hamelindabellmethod.com to enquire about availability and pricing. They are typically quite fast to respond and helpful.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-17, 05:13 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
OK, I'm now officially obsessed with trying this out. I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the next few days, but a trial will definitely be in the schedule starting the day after Christmas.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lekfit, terri walsh