Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-17, 11:37 PM  
Honeydew

Thank you for the advice everyone. I really appreciate it. My niece had contacted Land of Lincoln and called a public defender where she lives. They both told her they won't help her. I gave her info for the IL bar association. I am just waiting to hear back from her to see if they will help or can find someone to help her.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Honeydew - a Public Defender will only be able help in a criminal case, that is why they could not handle this one. It may be hard to find someone who will do this completely for free, but I bet the local bar association can put her in touch w/ attorneys who can do this for a reduced fee. She may also look into women's groups or if there is a domestic violence service that can provide a referral (I know you didn't mention domestic violence, but a service such as that would probably know some family lawyers who can take on a case like this for a reduced fee).

Good luck!

This can't be easy.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 09:03 AM  
DCW

Hi!

https://thewomenscenter.org

This is an organization in Virginia. I am not sure where you are located but they may have information on women's support centers that are available in your area. I also recommend contacting her local domestic violence organizations in her area. They may have information on the support she seeks.

Hugs!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote