Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-17, 09:05 AM  
Honeydew

Callanetics

For those of you who do Callanetics, which workouts are you using and how many times a week? Tell me about your results!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 10:40 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I only started recently including some Callanetics; mostly the stretch segment from the Express DVD as well as the new AM/PM [Wakeup/Winddown] since all are in the ~20 min range. I mix and match with barre (right now mostly Barre Amped/SBF online).

I'm really enjoying this combo; I try to do 15-30 min cardio on my rebounder at least every other day for heart & overall health and don't feel as exhausted as I do with other workouts with this mix.
As far as results, I'm not trying to lose weight but I can definitely see how both barre & callanetics seem to tighten everything up! I love it!

Do you have any Callanetics DVDs right now already, Honeydew?

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 10:56 AM  
Honeydew

Hi, Glad you are enjoying your workouts combo! No I don't have any Callanetics dvds at the moment. Right now I am doing Hipcentric(loving it!) and was trying to add in Ballet Body to help with quads and to keep my butt from deflating., but I just don't have the energy or "oomph" to do Ballet Body right now so I was thinking either trying Callanetics or Essentrics. I have some Essentrics dvds but I am curious about Callanetics!
Old 11-21-17, 10:58 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Yea, low energy is what I'm battling most during this season, so short segments are the only thing that work for me, even if I do it here and there during the day sometimes!
(I wouldn't have the energy for BB either right now! )

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 11-21-17, 11:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Of the new Callanetics dvds, I use the express one the most because it has shorter segments, 12 minutes to 25 minutes with a different focus. I also like the 30 Day Countdown dvd but except for the first workout, it is longer 40 to 52 minutes. You don't need them all because there is a lot of the same moves in all the dvds. I don't use them exclusively but I do feel great afterwards and they definitely quickly tighten and tone. I feel great after essentrics too and they also quickly pull my waist in. I lost almost an inch from waist after maybe a week and a half of essentrics without any weight loss. I think either one of these would work great with barre or TA. HTH
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 01:25 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I recently started doing Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3, but I was doing Callanetics almost exclusively for at least a month before that. I definitely prefer the ones with Lacey Kondi. I have all of the ones with her and have the new one on preorder. I was doing Extreme, Pure, the 30-Day Level 3 (worked my way up to that), Express, and the other ones occasionally. I think they all contributed to a flatter stomach and shaplier legs. As much as I love Callanetics, I do feel it's light on cardio and upper body. I'll be going back to Callanetics, for sure.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 02:01 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I recently started doing Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3, but I was doing Callanetics almost exclusively for at least a month before that. I definitely prefer the ones with Lacey Kondi. I have all of the ones with her and have the new one on preorder. I was doing Extreme, Pure, the 30-Day Level 3 (worked my way up to that), Express, and the other ones occasionally. I think they all contributed to a flatter stomach and shaplier legs. As much as I love Callanetics, I do feel it's light on cardio and upper body. I'll be going back to Callanetics, for sure.
Me too! I can't get into the 'Oldie' Callanetics versions!.. [I have the new one on pre-order, too! ]

Nice to hear your results after that amount of time, Karen!

Old 11-21-17, 02:16 PM  
Honeydew

Thanks everyone! I"m going to try Callanetics along with Hipcentric.
Old 11-21-17, 09:13 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Me too! I can't get into the 'Oldie' Callanetics versions!.. [I have the new one on pre-order, too! ]

Nice to hear your results after that amount of time, Karen!
I think we are Callanetics twins, Val!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 10:45 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I think we are Callanetics twins, Val!
ITA!!!