Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-24-21, 08:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing more putzing around the house - just slowly decluttering shelves and drawers of stuff I've had in there twenty years without using them. I am enjoying this warmer weather walking Gus and being able to go through my garage shelving. Another walk planned today. I'm reading the second book in the All Creatures Great and Small series - I do enjoy the stories!

Laura, yay for another client! I've not worn my new Merrells yet as I want to spray the suede with a water repellant that I have to pick up at the store. Yup, the little library boxes are where I'm putting my books also. I did a Half Price Books dropoff of gardening books and artsy books, but still didn't get much, so now just paperbacks are going in the neighborhood boxes.

Paula, Ah the look of love for a new car . I'm hoping to keep my Forester going until I move to a senior living situation in about 6 years - then probably buy a smaller car. I do love my Forester though - I should take a look at what this year's model looks like. I did switch to the Forester from the Toyota RAV-4 as I didn't like the look of the current RAV-4 model when I needed it. I already got my state tax refund!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 08:52 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is supposed to be the best day of the winter so far - bright, sunny, and warm. They're projecting 70 degrees this afternoon. Woo hoo!

It's going to be a less busy day. I'll take DH to a PT appointment this afternoon. This morning, I'll try to get some more work done on my office. Not much going on here.

Anita - Sometimes, I donate books to a charity where I'm dropping off a combination of different things. They take them and I give DH and estimate for taxes. And sometimes I put them in the Little Library. It just depends on what is easier at the time. Enjoy your warmer weather.

Paula - You can't send DHs anywhere! Well, if you get a new car, enjoy it. Yeah, we got out for a walk for the last couple of days. Yesterday's was a longer one around the neighborhood pond.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 09:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Moderate Cardio followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Yoga Day 24.

Nice day here, DH went to the boat and I putzed around home. Not sure if I told you we put the boat up for sale (we aren't using it enough to justify the expense). It's only been for sale a few days and we got an offer today. The offer was too low (of course) so unless he comes up we won't sell it now but I was surprised. We were thinking with the COVID restrictions it might take a long time to sell, of course that may still be true.

Anita, isn't 70 degrees feel like a hothouse about now? Hope you and Gus got out and about and enjoyed it.

Laura, You're right, DH's out and about can always bring surprises. I doubt we'll get a new car this year but the seed has been planted.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 08:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on another Carcassonne group game online this morning, then planning on walking Gus and putzing around - might do a grocery run today. One of my projects is getting a countertop sheet put in on top of my computer desk - the cheap wooden desk has been bubbling and peeling off for years, so trying to find a countertop sheet I can put over it. I found a nice sheet at Menards, but have to figure out how hard it is to get to the right size - hope a sharp knife is all that's needed.

Laura, I used to donate books to charity if they were good books - these are story paper books from 40+ years ago, not collectibles. The little library boxes are good enough for them. How's the office going?

Paula, Laura had the 70 degrees - I had close to 40 though! Sounds like you've only had this boat about a year or so - not very long as you went through a sell/buy period not too long ago. Hope you wait for a good price!

Anita
Old 02-25-21, 09:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening, workout this morning was Pahla B body shaping Day 11 Moderate Weights followed by Yoga with Kassandra Moring Day 25.

Anita, hope you had a nice enough day to get in a good walk with Gus. Where do you look for a new top for an old wooden desk - I wouldn't know where to begin. We bought the boat in Oct 2019, so we haven't owned it long - not by our past records of boat ownership. Not sure why but we're just not that interested in spending time on this boat - maybe it's too small or maybe we're just getting old.
Old 02-26-21, 07:39 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on feeding the bats at WRC this morning, stopping by hazardous waste, picking up some groceries, and walking Gus. I did get a lot done yesterday! Got some stuff delivered to Goodwill and picked up that desk top formica. Have to figure out how to cut it to size now.

Paula, I just picked up a sheet of formica to cut to my desk's size on top. The surface of the desk is all worn out and blistered - this should smooth it out some. The wood used for this desk is cheap stuff - particle board covered with a wood looking surface. Good luck selling your boat!

Anita
Old 02-26-21, 08:22 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I got caught up in sorting scraps - pictures, different papers I craft with, die cuts, etc. I spent much of the day on it. I also had a Zoom training session that went a little over 1.5 hours. We also went on a longer walk around the neighborhood pond.

Today, I need to sort through all the stuff on top of, beneath, and around my desk in the office. That is the last big area I need to clear out before moving back in. We've gotten all the furniture. Now, I need to find someone to put it together. I don't have the hand strength or attention to detail, and DH would kill his back and shoulders. I found a company earlier and their systems were so bad I couldn't get them scheduled, so I'll go back to TaskRabbit. I have a Zoom meeting with a friend this morning.

We had three sunny days in a row and that's over. It's supposed to be cloudy in the next seven days. I hope they're wrong about that.

Anita - I've seen various YouTube videos about putting various types of tops on different things. I have no tools or interest in that type of thing, so I have paid little attention. I hope your project is easy.

Paula - Sometimes you do what you've done before and the world changes and it doesn't fit anymore. It sounds like the boat just doesn't fit your life anymore. I hope you get a better offer soon. I'd think that there might be some interest from people who want to get away from home in a socially distanced way.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 09:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 12 Standing Abs followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Day 26.

Beautiful day here, we went flying and enjoyed getting away for a while. The guy who made an offer on our boat came up to our price so now we're invested in what comes next - sea trial, boat survey etc.

Anita, hope you enjoyed working at WRC and got a walk in with Gus. I think Laura is right, there's probably multiple YouTube videos on how to cover your desk top. Every time I get stumped on how to do something, I search YouTube and there's usually help there. Technology is sometimes wonderful and sometimes a pain in the backside.

Laura, good luck with your decluttering, reorganizing project. Yeah, you're right about the world changing, but I think we are the ones who have changed. Anyway, hopefully, we'll sell this boat. We can always come back to boating if our world changes again.
Old 02-27-21, 08:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on meeting some friends for a walk with Gus - today should be another beautiful melty day here! Tonight we may get a few inches of fresh snow. Otherwise planning on a grocery run and working on that desktop today. I got a lot done yesterday except for the grocery run.

Laura, yay on being a sorting queen! We have a neighborhood FB page that makes it easier to tie into helping hands/workers locally - do you have something there in your area? I think my desk project is easy - I'll ask my friends today on my walk if they have a word of wisdom. I just don't have a work table I can use a razor on the cut stuff - did it years ago on my dining table and have a scar on it from doing so .

Paula, nice to have a better bid from the buyers! Have you looked into renting a boat when the urge to go sailing hits you in the future?

Anita
Old 02-27-21, 06:25 PM  
sciencelady

Yay! I did get the desktop laminate sized down to fit and got it glued over the original desk. Looks good! And its smooth! I still have books piled on it to get the glue to hold down, but just so glad to get this done! Sorry, but I was scared to try to get this to work .