Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-21-21, 08:12 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - On a Positive Note, I Haven't Seen a Mosquito in MONTHS! Feb. 21

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 08:16 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The theme is the last I have in the series on winter I've been doing. I think it has run its course now, but it felt like it was appropriate for the time. Maybe not for Paula, but for most of us.

I need to cook a little today. The sun is out again - 2 days in a row, woo hoo! - so I may get out for a walk. I also need to order the furniture for my craft room I've finally settled on. I also need to get more work on it done. There's not much left to bring out.

Everyone have a good day!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-21-21, 09:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for getting us started! Yup, no mosquitoes is a good thing for me in winter! I can't imagine living with them all year! Yuck!

Planning on walking Gus today - snow was predicted for today, but nothing yet - it should be a light snow... I'm still decluttering the house, might make a run to Goodwill next week. Last night a stray dog was going through a neighbor's trash can - hope it gets back home to a real meal soon!

Paula, I didn't know you had that many siblings, just heard about the sister that passed - sounds like you're the one that has traveled away from the family source city in NC. My roots are in the Milwaukee area, but I just don't see moving back there in retirement.

Laura, I guess I didn't realize the cruise lines to Alaska were killed off because Canada visits were gone. I'm not sure exactly why I'm now not comfortable with mountains - maybe its videos made with the little flying recorders now that brave really steep parts of the mountains. I remember driving through the Glacier National park in the mountains around 2000 and practically climbing into the driver's lap to keep away from the road edge . What are you getting for your craft room?

Waves to all (from >6 feet away)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 09:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith's Chair Cardio followed by a Yoga with Kassandra Yin Yoga - no props.

Grocery day and some food prep, nothing else got done.

Laura, Thanks for getting us started. Yes, I am glad I live where there are few mosquitos and other bugs as well. Of course I live on an ant hill so I don't get away bug free. Maybe a good freeze would knock the ants down - don't know they may be able to live through anything. Yay for sun, and getting new furniture is always fun too.

Anita, Hope you and Gus got enough nice weather to get in a nice walk. I hope that stray dog found it's way to shelter. I hate to think of it out there all night in the cold. I didn't move away from the family - they moved away from me. When my older sister was a junior in HS my mother (widow with four kids) moved us all to California where state college was affordable. After HS graduation my brother went into the Army and eventually was stationed in Fayetteville, NC (82nd Airborne). During his time there he met and married a NC native. After he got out of the army they came to CA where he went to college and they lived in CA for a while after that. But his MIL got cancer and was expected not to live. They moved back to NC so his wife could help her mother (her mom lived and is living still). My younger sister (his twin) ended up marrying an Army friend of my brothers who was from the east coast. They lived in CA for a while but ended up moving back to the east coast, and on and on for various reason my family slowly drifted back to the east - except for me. So I didn't leave them - they left me and I never fail to remind them of that when I can.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 08:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with a friend this morning - enjoying a temperature above freezing! I hope the snow on the driveway and sidewalks melts off today and tomorrow. I notice we're all very lazy here and haven't cleared any snow from those areas after three little spits of snow this last week. Otherwise planning on putzing around and I'll be playing Spades with friends online this evening.

Paula, you have an interesting family history to find its way to NC. So you're the remaining Californian from the family .

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 02-22-21, 11:09 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I picked up a new student last night, and we were supposed to meet via Zoom this morning, but she got pulled into a meeting at work. She is responsible for updating a new hire presentation which is way too long and it's due on Wednesday. So I hope we can schedule something for this evening and get her going.

I also have a pick-up at Walmart in a few minutes and on the way home I'll stop by Mom and Dad's and pick up a dish of chili. They invited us to lunch for chili, but I couldn't fit it in today, so they're just giving me some chili. Then, this afternoon, I have a dental appointment for a cleaning. I really need it after the gum graft process during which I couldn't floss for several weeks.

Paula - Your family migrated twice, once intentionally and once it just worked out that way. At least your brother and sister aren't in different places. You can visit everyone in one trip. Yeah, I think ants and cockroaches would survive any apocalypse.

Anita - I'm getting a craft desk and two cube shelving units for the office. I am trying to maximize storage space. I also have two bookshelves that I'm clearing out books from that we no longer want and sending some of them to other places in the house. One thing we loved out our neighborhood in Maryland was that it had no sidewalks. DH is a major rule follower, and we always "have to" clear the sidewalks. If it were up to me, they might or might not get done. I hope everything melts away!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-22-21, 09:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) followed by a Yoga with Kassandra Morning Stretch. Also a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, yay for warmer weather. I hope the snow melts off enough that you don't have to shovel. Yes, I do have an interesting family history. I have a large and close extended family, who are scattered all over the country and into Canada (I think I told you some of my family are Canadian citizens). Most of them do live on the eastern seaboard and that was one of the draws.

Laura, how nice getting a new client. I hope you can help her. Fun getting new furniture and setting up your office. Yes, I can visit everyone in my immediate family in one trip, which is nice. Used to be I could visit and Aunt & Uncle too, but they recently moved to Florida.
Old 02-23-21, 08:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I had a good day yesterday. I did meet with my financial guy and got my income sorted out again - should be getting a deposit this week - yay! I also stopped by a shoe store and picked up two pairs of Merrells - my favorite shoes! One of those is even a luxury item of comfort .

Today, I'm still sorting through stuff - I've got a bunch I can deposit at hazardous waste. I'm planning on walking Gus in this wonderful warm weather and going through my garage shelves to get them in order and sort some stuff into garbage. It's almost 40 degrees outside!

Laura, yay on the new student! Glad your schedule is loose enough to accommodate her schedule changes. Good luck at the dentist's place! I've been clearing some books and putting them in the neighborhood library boxes to get rid of them - hopefully someone will like to read them. They've got virtually no value turning them in to a charity. Our sidewalks need shoveling, but most people haven't done anything the last several snow dribbles - I hope it will melt down to nothing this week. This is my new driveway's first winter and it's nice to get a lot of sun melting snow on the black surface!

Paula, I'm glad visiting family doesn't take too many trips - right now we're scattered all over - WI, MI, NY, TN, OR and now I think CA.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 02-23-21, 01:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy day. I picked up a second new client and met with her via Zoom at 11:00. The first client sent me feedback on the new hire presentation and I'll work on it this afternoon.

It looks like a drop-dead gorgeous day outside - bright sunshine, warm temps in the high 50s/low 60s. I will get outside for a walk.

Anita - Enjoy the warmer temps and the new shoes. My teeth definitely feel cleaner today! There is one of those little library boxes (the kind people set up in various places) in front of our Whole Foods. Sometimes, I take books there and fill it up. Those books tend to go quickly.

Paula - Your family here should be happy today and the next couple of days. We're supposed to have sunny, warm (for winter) weather.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-23-21, 09:16 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 9. Lovely day here, we went to Dana Point and enjoyed sun and sea.

DH took the Subaru into the dealership for an oil change this morning and came back talking about the new Forester in the showroom - always a bad sign. He really liked it, so not sure what that means but maybe we'll have a new car in the next year.

Anita, good feeling getting the financial stuff resolved. Yay on new Merrills, I love my Merrills. I've been doing our taxes on Turbo Tax, I think it's done but I haven't bitten the bullet yet and sent them off. Thanks for the reminder I need to go by the hazardous waste disposal site tomorrow and get rid of some old batteries.

Laura, congratulations on getting another new client. Things seems to working out for your new business. Glad you got to enjoy a nice sunny day. Hope you got that walk.