Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-21, 10:50 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Body Electric Lower Body work wearing 2.5 pounds on each ankle: Outer Thigh; Inner Thigh; Hamstrings & Quads
Essentrics

The lower body work in Body Electric isn't has challenging as it is in Home Improvement but it's still a very good lower body workout.

Cyana, that's a great idea about freezing avocado. I've occasionally seen frozen avocado in the market.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 11:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~9km harbour walk with DH, my Sister, & my BIL
~Long luxurious yin yoga session while I listened to an audio book

Cyana - Great idea to freeze avocado. When I often buy them in a mesh bag with several in it. They ripen all at once & I’m scrambling to use them.

Paine - I got some Japanese sweet potatoes in my grocery order today & I look forward to trying them.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 11:19 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

The Karma Project: Yin Yoga with Donna Helm-Yost (first 55 minutes)

I love Yin Yoga! I really love Donna Helm-Yost's Yin Yoga DVD but the Yin practice is well over an hour and it's not chaptered so I don't do it very often. Today I did only 55 minutes of it and that was enough.

Pam, I enjoy hearing about the walks you do in the beautiful area that you live.
I hope you love the baked Japanese sweet potatoes. I even eat the skin.
Old 02-27-21, 11:21 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end. I'm feeling in the mood for some yin today - must get my chilly market toes defrosted first, though.

Paine
and Pam - Pre-COVID, I used to buy bags of frozen avocado chunks from the Whole Wallet, but that's one of the many things that disappeared, never to return (along with the organic frozen black-eyed peas that were so handy). I found this on Detoxinista: https://detoxinista.com/how-to-freeze-avocado/ and decided I'd go for it. When we shop at Costco, I always get a bag of avocados, and always have THAT morning where I go in the kitchen and realize every single one of them is ripe and ready to eat right this very minute. Are avocado orgys a thing???? I'm going to roast some JSPs today. Happy bulk cooking today!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 03:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all! Hope your Saturday is off to a good start. I enjoyed teaching yoga this morning; it was rainy then but it's sunny now! I also have a pumpkin pie in the oven--I didn't make it myself, but I saw it on clearance in the Nature Foods section of my grocery store last night, and I couldn't resist. (The brand is Wholly Wholesome.)

Paine, I did look to see if my store had JSP, but they didn't; I bet some of the larger Wegmans in the area carry them though.

cyana, I never thought of getting frozen avocados! I love avocado but hate having to deal with trying to use them so quickly (aka avocado orgy).

Pam, I like the idea of yin yoga + audio book! I don't do audio books b/c they don't hold my attention, but that might work for me.

Sherry, glad you enjoyed your NIA class. How was you sleep this week?

I thought I would share the workouts I did today from YouTube. This half-hour barre class was all on the floor with light weights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAGJ...&index=14&t=2s

And then I did this yummy neck relief yoga practice from local teacher Kate V; it was mostly moves I've done before, but she does this lovely stretch with a looped strap at the end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69gr...teVantucciYoga

And for anyone interested, Bellyfit is doing a free class for International Women's Day next Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/events/915350232612842

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 04:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I previewed the Barre floor workout and it looks good. Did you hate the "all 4's" work in that one? I also previewed the Neck Relief practice and I like what she did with the strap. I bookmarked both of them so thank you for sharing the links.
If you have an Asian market, they will have JSPs. Trader Joes has them. Sometimes Trader Joes has the big JSPs but mostly they sell Murisaki sweet potatoes in a 3 pound bag. The Murisaki sweet potatoes are smaller JSPs and sometimes they are drier than the larger JSPs. Safeway markets sometimes carry JSPs and they call them "Oriental Beauties" but they are just regular JSPs. Whole Foods usually has them but in the last few weeks, they haven't looked as fresh at Whole Foods so I haven't been buying them there lately.

I hope Pam, Cyana and Pat like baked/roasted JSPs!

Pam, I know some people love air fried JSPs AFTER they have already been previously roasted/baked but I haven't tried it yet. They roast/bake the JSP then refrigerate them storing them in an open container. Then they take the cold JSP, slice it and put it in the air fryer until a bit crispy. I bet they are good that way but I love them so much baked/roasted that I haven't wanted to do the extra work in air frying them.
Old 02-27-21, 04:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, the all 4s work in that barre routine was relatively short, so it was tolerable to me.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 12:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
-6 km forest trail walk
~spend a couple of hours working on a new Essentrics routine for Tuesday’s class.

Beth - I saw the free BellyFit live class, but I think I’ll miss it as I’ll be in the city next weekend. I’m really into audio books these days, always have one going. I chose light easy to follow reads, nothing heavy. I like listening while I’m doing yin or rebounding, and when I’m puttering around the house....cooking, doing laundry, tiding up. Yum, enjoy your pumpkin pie!

Cyana - Yes! I get a bag of avocados & they plot to all ripen at once, lol! I am happy to know I can freeze them.

Paine - I think I’ll roast my JSPs, that sounds like the easiest & tastiest way to do them. My IP with the air fryer lid also roasts so I’ll try that.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 11:06 AM  
cyana

Thank goodness for AAA. We were going to drive my car to the market yesterday morning and it wouldn't start. DH called AAA when we got home (drove his car) and they sent someone out who said the battery was completely dead. That's not reassuring since it had only been 2 weeks since we drove my car and the battery was just replaced last April. But, they replaced it at no cost, so all is well.

On a cool/amusing/interesting note, last night DH walked up to me with a finger over his lips (as in don't say anything) and motioned for me to follow him. We went outside in the driveway and he held his hand up to his ear to indicate that I should listen. Within about a minute, I heard a sound that I hadn't heard in years - it was an owl! After about 10 minutes, we started hearing all sorts of sounds, as if it we were in a tropical forest. After they moved on, I came in and did a little "owl sound" research, and we were hearing a barred owl pair. Apparently mated barred oil pairs can get into some serious "caterwauling and monkey sounds" - and that's exactly what this pair was doing. It was quite cool to hear that in our neighborhood in town.

Today's work-out:
Holden - Qi Gong for Depression - short program. Loved the setting for this one.
EssentricsTV - Full Body Pain Relief with Sahra.
MFML - Protect & Recover #1: Lower Body - Lizzie Reumont
YT - YogiBethC - Managing Pain ASAP Meditation
YT - YogiBethC - Universal Connection Meditation

And before I forget it, if anyone wants to participate in Lee's 5 Day Qi Gong Challenge (free), here's the link: https://secure.holdenqigong.com/qi-challenge/ . It begins on March 1.

Beth - While I was doing the pain meditation (lying on the bed), the cat jumped up on the bed and curled up on my legs. We were both so comfy, I let the Connection meditation play before I forced myself to get up and get on with my day, so I had a bonus meditation today.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 11:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I made myself move after three days of torpor - Bellyfit TV 2, workout 2 - Pleasure. It was a struggle to coordinate the arms for some of the moves but basic snake arms coordinated perfectly. I also did that yummy Yin Yoga for Your Nervous System with Kassandra. I had one of those bizarre out of the blue yoga releases when her cat came over to snuggle and she was petting it - tears started flowing, heaved a lot of big sighs. I wonder if that is an adrenal release? I plan to look more into adrenal fatigue.

Paine - I think after surviving Home Improvement all other MR LB workouts seem gentle in comparison. Getting Better isn't one to sneer at, though.

Cyana, your barred owl experience gave me tingles. It sounds like a good omen to have a mating pair by your home. I have a few frozen avocado chunks left - Welch's band. I haven't seen them in a while. They're perfect for smoothies. Thank you for the Lee challenge, I'm signing on. And for the VAERS link - I'm going to visit right after chatting.

Beth, thank you for the workout links. I'm interested in the floor barre routine. I'm sure the all fours is modifiable or skippable.

Pam I'm jealous of your IP air fryer lid. sounds great!

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote