Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-18-20, 08:48 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day Day 12, Yoga With Kassandra Morning Yoga day 18, and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Didn't do much today, baked two loaves of banana bread and worked on my latest quilt.

Anita, I know what you mean about work papers. I have a folder with my college diplomas and transcripts and another one with all the certificates etc. I don't know what to do with that stuff, I never use it but can't seem to discard it either. In my picture grouping I have pictures of Tia and Maya along with the people family.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 08:48 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This week has turned crazy busy. I'm not sure where the past couple of days have gone. Both days, I've had tutoring sessions and I've taken DH to medical appointments. And it seems like every time I turn around DH needs for something to be cooked. Today, I cooked a pasta dish with veggies that isn't hard but takes quite a bit of time. After I cooked it, I realized that I had used glutenated pasta. I started out with GF pasta, didn't have enough and opened another box but didn't look at it to be sure it was GF. Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhh! Oh well.

Anita - That's an interesting question. One question: How would the obituary writer know about that folder? Just curious. I hope you can travel to Latvia to celebrate in another year or two.

Paula - I always have a harder time accepting age on my younger brother's birthday than on mine. I'm not sure where time goes. My niece in Japan turned 16 today. It doesn't seem possible.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 08:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We posted at the same time, Paula....

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-19-20, 09:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today will be planned as a busy day. I'll be getting together with friends online to play Carcassonne this morning, then putzing with some more files to declutter - some stuff needs to be forwarded to my financial advisor, others can be trashed - yay! I'll be meeting other friends to walk in a park with Gus, then coming home and raking - the snow has melted far enough to let me do that! Today will be a lovely day outside .

Paula, I did get rid of some stuff from my professional files - programs for graduation ceremonies, but not the actual diploma. I should be OK now. on your fresh banana bread!

Laura, I'm glad my GF friend did the cooking here when she stayed with me - at least I didn't make those types of mistakes! Yeah, my baby brother is now 56! He's dealing with some aging health issues now with his heart - hopefully nothing becomes urgent enough for him to require hospital stays in these Covid days.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 08:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I had a tutoring session this morning. DH had trigger point therapy yesterday and he was in terrible shape yesterday. Today he has felt some better, but couldn't drive himself to his doctor's appointment this afternoon. So I cancelled this afternoon's tutoring session and took him. On the way home, we stopped by the grocery store. This evening has been taken up by laundry and cleaning up the kitchen, etc.

It is hard to describe how busy I've been in the past two weeks. I am really fatigued. But, it will end soon and I can relax some.

Anita - I hope your brother can not need the hospital. It's probably not everywhere, but hospitals sound like they are at the breaking point. You're making progress with the decluttering!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-19-20, 08:55 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening, workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 13 followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Day 19. DH and I did a walk as well.

DH had a phone doctor appointment that went well. Did some house cleaning, pulled out some Christmas decorations. I'm putting them out slowly, seems funny to pull out the Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, but since we're not having anyone over for Thanksgiving this year - why not? I need a new lighted wreath, the lights on the one we'd had for years died last year. Anyway, we pulled it out and measured it I need to start looking for a new one that will fit in our storage cabinet once Christmas is over. So all in all an ordinary day.

Anita, I sure hope your brother doesn't need to go to the hospital these days. My baby brother has had some health problems too but mostly injuries from over exertion. He was an avid back packer, runner, and heavy duty exerciser - so he's injured his shoulder and his ankle. He's had surgery on both - the shoulder surgery worked, the ankle surgery not such a good outcome. His gait is off and he limps so he continues to have foot and ankle pain and the uneven gait causes hip and back pain. I hate to see it.

Laura, I'm sorry to hear about your DH, I hope he gets some pain relief soon. I hope things slow down and you can get some rest.
Old 11-20-20, 08:12 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning - some are coming out of service because someone in their family has Covid . Also planning on walking Gus, driving out to drop off some stuff at my financial advisor (got a big drawer of investments cleaned up and forwarding some stuff to him), and maybe dropping in to a grocery store (TJ) near that end of town. Also a trip to the compost pile! Yay got the front yard finished raking!

Laura, sorry to hear DH wasn't doing well yesterday . They are doing remote heart monitoring on my brother - he didn't produce good data with something worn around his chest and back, so they implanted something that reads him better - guess it talks to a cell phone and he can call that data in.

Paula, I want to put up the outside Christmas decorations - especially since we've already had some substantial snow storms, but really don't want to precede Thanksgiving. I'm trying to hold off till next Friday. My inside decorations are pretty simple also, could do it now, but may hold off on that also. Mine is putting up a wreath on a wall, angel on the fireplace, and small artificial tree on a little table. Sorry your brother had ankle surgery that didn't work - hope they can fix that soon! Yeah, I can remember the back pain from uneven walking when my hip was out - they lengthened my leg about half an inch to even things and no my walk is smooth and no back pain!

Anita
Old 11-20-20, 06:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Another busy day, but not as bad as the past few days. I had a tutoring session at 8:00 this morning and then I had the dental appointment where they took the stitches out of my gum. The dentist was so pleased with himself at how good the gum looked. Then, I took DH for his PT appointment this afternoon. I sat in the car and read my book which was enjoyable. This evening, I need to call my brother to talk to my niece who turned 16 this week. I haven't had the chance to call at a good time for them. Saturday morning (for them) will hopefully be good.

Everyone have a good night!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-20-20, 09:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliott Yin Yoga.

Anita, Good work getting the yard cleaned up and the documents sorted. Both can be big jobs. Tomorrows mission is to shop for a new wreath. I suspect if we get one we'll just put it up when we get home. I was planning to hold off until after Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll just not light it up until Friday. I'm getting ahead of myself, we don't have one yet. DH wants me to go shopping with him for new pants tomorrow which I will do although clothes shopping with him is never fun. My role to be present so he has someone to complain to when he can't find what he wants, which is every time we go.

Laura, glad you got some down time to just sit and read even if it was in the car while waiting for your DH. Hope you're able to connect with your niece.
Old 11-21-20, 09:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I got a lot done yesterday! Today, I'll be taking Gus to the park for a nice long walk, and I might start putting out some Christmas decorations both inside and outside. I'm seeing my neighbors having their outdoor lights on already. I'd like to wait after Thanksgiving, like I said before, but I want to do it! Otherwise planning on putzing around. Today starts a lot of further step back from socializing or getting errands done because of Covid. Circus and gyms will be closed for another 4 weeks, bars close at 10 pm.

Laura, congrats on having a nice gum line! I think around here people have to wait in their car for a patient to get PT - not the lobby. That happened to my friend also. Have fun talking to your family in Japan! I should make an appointment to talk to my brother on a video line either through Messenger or Zoom to make sure he's available.

Paula, my wreath is a few years old - I hope mice haven't chewed on the electric line as its stored in an outside shed. I've not seen that happen around my house much, but the loose mice at WRC are causing a lot of damage on plugged in equipment like the dishwasher cord getting chewed up. I've got an old indoor wreath that I'm thinking about replacing - it's becoming more oblong over time instead of round and the decorations are starting to flake off. It's lasted about 25 years so it's been a good wreath! Golly, I don't think I've gone to buy pants in several years! Good luck outfitting DH!

Anita