Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-26-21, 09:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

This morning was:

CS 1119
Moving Mango Pilates - Muscle Strength Full Body Pilates (20 min)

Yesterday, I did get my Pahla B workout in - it was functional fitness and also walked my dog - the weather seems to be improving - hope the trend continues!!

Today - more Pahla and then hopefully another walk.

I'm looking into a seat cushion for my work chair - I think that the sitting is the cause of my back/glute pain - I saw one on Amazon. I'm not sure what rabbit hole I went through on an internet search to find it - maybe Bob & Brad - I watch their stuff a lot - they are PTs and often have good advice.

Pam - how is it going w/ your mom? That is very stressful.....has she been able to get COVID vaccines?

Waves, everyone.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 03:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

More gentle workouts were on tap for today! I began with Lee's Qi Gong Seated workout. Bought this originally for my mom, but she doesn't know what's good for her and never developed an exercise habit. Also, added the 2nd workout from Miranda's Aging Backwards Connective Tissue DVD (Rebuilding Your Fascia.) I will try to add a short walk later, possibly something from Jessica.

Happy Friday everyone!

Donna, my mom's move was delayed, so tomorrow is the big day! Her apartment complex has started vaccinating residents, but she has not been vaccinated yet. Since she is no longer mobile (and doesn't drive) she hasn't been able to get to a doctor lately. It's sad, since her health continues to decline. She's been without a caregiver since the start of the pandemic and the senior community only just began allowing visitors recently, as long as masks are worn.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 11:25 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was my volunteer filing, which was two hours. I just did some stretches and used my massage bar in the evening. I was feeling tired and not motivated to work out.

Today I thought I would try Justina Ercole's new barre workout. I did not like this one as well as her first one. She moved very fast, and I had a hard time keeping up with the change in moves. I suppose I would get better if I did the workout more often and learned the sequence of moves, but I didn't enjoy it. I think I would have enjoyed it if she hadn't rushed it. I did seven minutes of that workout, then Jessica's last you tube workout, the 16-Minute Total Body Time Saving Standing Strength Circuit. I used ten pounds for this one, and it intensified the workout quite a bit. Jessica does move slower in this one, I think it's pre-natal friendly.

Liz, I enjoyed the different workouts today, although I'm still doing Jessica. I have been doing her almost exclusively since 2014! I guess it says something about my personality, lol. But I also like HASfit and KCM, so want to try them too.

Donna, I'm sorry about the work drama. I hope the person can find another job, I always feel sorry for them, even if it was deserved. We have a seat cushion that I found at Goodwill. DH likes it, but it actually makes my back worse. I hope you find the right one.

Pam, reading about your workouts is actually relaxing to me! I hope your mom's move goes well. That's too bad about losing her caretaker. I hope that changes for her soon.
Old 02-27-21, 02:22 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

CS 1120 - this was a standing and floor routine

Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day Pilates Challenge Days 5 and 6 - I enjoyed both of these full body workouts. I am now semi-considering re-subscribing...but we shall see. I have a Robin Long/Balanced Life Challenge coming up on Monday - so I may lose interest in Beth/Trifecta by then.

Outdoor walk - it stopped raining and is relatively mild so DD and I walked today. I may take my dog for a short walk later.

Sherry - nice job switching up your workouts to make it work for you! Re: my co-worker who got fired, it is a mix bag - on the one hand he didn't do much to help himself in terms of not annoying our boss, but he really didn't get a fair shake either - my nemesis at work was his "team lead" and he did nothing to help the guy along and just did all her could to turn our boss against him. it is times like this when I question my sanity of going back to that department b/c if my nemesis ever gets into a position of power over me....well...it will not be a good situation - he couldn't fire me but he could make my life miserable. I am hoping that doesn't happen. I actually continue to look around for other opportunities...but my goal is to try to get out and retire in about 6 years or so....we shall see. Health insurance is my biggest issue, but I really don't want to work until I'm 65.

Pam - your mom's situation sounds a lot like my mom's....I hope her move goes well.....the pandemic is particularly hard on seniors who are isolated.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
Old 02-27-21, 07:23 PM  
Leonana

Today was some house cleaning, vacuuming and mopping. Then later in the day I rode my bike for two miles.

There were a good amount of people on the canal path. Although, it’s busier in the morning. I prefer the 70 degree weather of late afternoon. There was about four Duck pairs in the canal, male and female swimming together. I guess there will be some baby ducks in the canal soon! One male tried to get friendly, but the female rose out of the water flapping her wings. She was not having it lol.

Donna, I hope your coworker finds another position soon. That’s too bad about the toxic team leader. It seems like there is one in every office.
Old 02-28-21, 12:13 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
I took a couple of rest days. Today I went for a 90 minute walk with my dog and it included a couple of big hills so I decided that was enough. The weather was perfect.

I'm looking for a new rotation. I feel like I have had enough of W3 so maybe I'll do some of Jessica's WS1/WS2 workouts or maybe I'll get wild and crazy and try someone else. I'll need to figure it out because having a rotation and knowing what I am doing everyday is very helpful to keep me on track.

Donna - so sorry to hear about the drama at work. I know how draining it can be when someone gets fired. It is so hard for everyone involved! It is funny to hear about your nemesis. Are you sure we're not working at the same place?

Sherry - Nice to hear you got out on your bike! Biking, for me, always feels good for my mental health and my spirit! I should take mine for a spin. I keep getting my husband to pump up the tires and then I don't do it.

Pam - Glad you are liking the gentle workouts and I hope your Mom's move went smoothly.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 09:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

CS 1121 - all standing - it was for arms, but really, like all of them, total body

Pahla B - February Challenge Day 7 - Power walk

Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day Pilates Challenge Day 4 -Arm - this was a nice unweighted arm routine. Gosh, I am getting tempted to subscribe, but I do have to think about how much I would use it - she does have a good amount on You Tube...so maybe I should concentrate on those first.

I am not sure what else I will get in today - it is dreary - my daughter is at a horse show/event. I may pop over to watch her - but I'm not sure how much I could see of it - it is "cross country" - so it isn't like I could watch very much of it.

One thing I do notice, her mental health is way better when she is active w/ her horse. February was a rough month b/c of the weather and she didn't get out as much with him - and, then she started spending more time on social media and that is never good.

Anyway - I may just do a stretch later.

I'm not sure what I want to do for March. I have a love/hate relationship w/ rotations. I like to not think about what to do, but then I tend to rebel against it.
Lucy has a new one for March but it is a running type rotation and as much as I would love to run, I don' t think it is in the cards for me. I never did do her January or February rotation, so I may do one of those instead.

Sort of thinking of a theme of CS - Lucy - Pilates - Walk

Hopefully the weather will be improving and outdoor walks will become a regular thing.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-28-21, 10:05 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi Everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting. I had some personal stuff to take care of that pretty much consumed all of last week, but it's just about over now.

I've just been doing one of the Total Gym workouts every other day with walking or a walking workout on the other days. I'll keep doing this until Jessica's new series comes out.

Donna, Sorry to hear about the drama at work. I wish workplaces could be drama free, and I thought there would be less of that working remotely, but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's someone where I work who has been inviting herself to virtual meetings she has nothing to do with and then tries to take over the meetings! It's bizarre and I have no idea why nothing is being done about it or how she even finds out how to connect to the meetings. Anyway, retirement can't come soon enough! I keep trying to come up with ways to pay for health insurance myself, but it's SO expensive.

Pam, Hope your mom's move went well. It must be tough to coordinate that from a distance.

Liz, I also do better with rotations. If I have to decide what to do each day, I'll just get caught up in 'analysis paralysis' lol

Sherry, It's great you are trying other instructors. I really need to do more of that. I've only done HASfit, Lucy and Leslie recently.
Old 03-01-21, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - March Challenge Day # 1 - Walking w/ Weights

Robin Long/TBL - Challenge Day # 1 - abs/core

Both were good workouts. I decided to stick w/ Pahla for at least the first week of the month and then may change things up a bit - not quite sure how - was thinking of either switching to another instructor or doing Pahla's Body Shaping weeks from her prior mini-challenges for the rest of March...not sure yet, time will tell. OR, I do like Jessica V's calendar for this month - her stuff is easy to fit into whatever else I am doing, though.

I plan to get some CS in later and maybe a short walk if it stops raining.

wishiwasinhawaii - that is really weird about the co-worker who inserts herself into meetings.

Pam - hope everything went well w/ your mom's move.

Liz - let us know what you decide to do!!

Waves, Sherry! I'm going to try out my new seat cushion today -hopefully it will do the trick....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-01-21, 03:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1201 (plantar fasciitis!)

Hi Ladies,

I think I've decide to stick to gentler workouts for March, and take a break from Jessica for a bit, too! I'd originally wanted to begin WS3, but with all of the added stress of my mom's move, I'm enjoying what I've been doing this past week. So I'm going to work my way through Classical Stretch Season 12, and alternate between Gi Gong, Tai Chi, or Total Gym.

What I'm loving about the gentle stuff is it is working my spine in new ways, and allowing me to be aware of by breathing. Just getting more oxygen in to improve circulation and allowing more calm approach, which has been needed!

Yeah, my mom's move...I won't bore you with too much detail on this. They scheduled another move for the same day/time as my mom, so showed up four hours earlier and got her out of bed. Basically rushed to get her and belongings out, so they could move on to the other people. Anyway, it's over, but she can't easily get to things that she needs, the way things were left. Oh well....stuff happens.

Today's Classical Stretch 1201 workout dealt with plantar fasciitis in which it was titled. Good stuff. Don't think I had this season when I first developed PF from running. It surely would have helped!

I also added Lee's Qi Gong for a Healthy Heart! Another one I originally got for my mom in mind, which she had no interest in. It was very good, as are most of Lee's routines!

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy