Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-26-21, 09:08 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- great to see 50F temperature posting. It gives me hope! You're getting some good walks in, too.

Yesterday, I tried a Petra K dance workout. It was fun, but a constant reminder of how my ROM is non-existent in my right arm. So, I stopped after the first two segments and paced outside for about 45 minutes.

I started physiotherapy yesterday, so now have at least an hour's worth of that per day. Hurts like a b******, but I'm pretty motivated to improve. I don't have to wear my sling any more. So there's that.

Today, I'll probably do some Leslie in my workout room. Maybe some outdoor pacing.

Have a great Friday.
Old 02-27-21, 09:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

59 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings
plank & push ups

It's raining right now but should clear up later so hopefully another walk today.

NORA, I hope the PT helps your ROM to return quickly. That's great you don't need the sling anymore. Seems quick to me but I'm sure not to you. Good job with the walking/pacing. How is pacing different from walking? You just walk back and forth in your yard?

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 06:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So I had intended to check in Wednesday, and didn't, then I didn't check in right after my workout yesterday, then the next thing I knew it was 1am and I still hadn't checked in.

Friday: Fitness Blender's Favorite 10M UB, AfriFitness 15m Dance workout, 25m Fat Burning Dance workout,

Saturday: MVMT's 15M standing Pilates, Gymra's 15M LIC {lot of jumping for Low impact?}, Rick Bhullar's Standing Abs walk 2150s and 7m cooldown.

They lifted the water ban a couple days ago. Boiling water wasn't really that bad, I did it once in the morning and that lasted all day. I decided since I boiled it I might as well finish it off just in case. We didn't buy any water for ourselves, Hubby got some from work, we did our shopping in MS, we did buy two cases for my parents, but then they lifted the ban the next day. They used bottled water a lot and we don't. Milk was much harder to find! I drink about a gallon a week and it has to be from a cow!

SB, that's a lot of appointments. Glad to hear its warming up. I'm in shorts Tee and barefoot. I had to turn the ceiling fan on in my sewing room, I don't like to do that because pieces of fabric can fly around by the iron acts like a space heater/humidifier.

Nora, I'm glad to hear that your shoulder is coming along and that you are following the Drs orders . I'm glad to hear you don't have to wear the sling anymore. Sorry the PT hurts so much! Pacing sounds like frustrated walking to me

Hope you guys are doing well and the rest of February is drama free. Its funny how we had such high hopes for 2021 but this year isn't starting out much better. Its supposed to rain off and on for the rest of the week.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

Today is supposed to rain but it hasn't started yet so unless I get out there pronto I'll have to find a dvd workout. I need a little more coffee first though so we'll see.

PENGUIN, nice workout variety. Glad the boiling water is over even though you seemed to handle it well. Wow you drink a lot of milk! I buy a quart a week and never finish it. I eat cheese and yogurt but not much milk unless I have cereal. Yeah 2021 hasn't impressed me yet either.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 02-28-21, 08:05 PM  
patchworkpenguin

The radio has been blowing storm warnings all day but it seems that Arkansas is getting hammered but its missing us, but its still raining pretty heavily outside.

Today was mostly Reps to the Rhythm. I started with 17m Upper Body DB workout, 12m walk and tone workout, 1800s #5 and finished with a cooldown by EMTFit. I liked her and will try a longer workout sometime.

SB glad to hear you were able to get in such a long outdoors walk. I drink a glass of milk in the morning with my vitamins {not much of a coffee drinker} then I drink another glass with my evening pills {BCP and Benadryl}. If I wake up in the middle of the night I will go and get another drink of milk. Cindy has recognized this pattern and expects a treat every time I get some milk. The treat jar in on top of the fridge. Its funny to hear her folliow me thought the house in the middle of the night for her treat.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 10:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I did manage to get out and walk before the rain started. It was spritzing a little during the walk but not much. I am planning a walk today and hopefully some weight work one of these days.

PENGUIN, good job with Reps to the Rhythm. Glad you missed the worst of the storm hopefully. Well that's a lot of good calcium you're getting.

I'm going to start the new Spring thread today because I probably won't remember to do it on the exact first day of spring in a few weeks. I'll keep it going until June and start a Summer one then if it's working out for us.

Have a great day everyone!!