Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-21, 08:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Vannie, I didn't think I was going to teach when I took YTT! I thought that maybe I would teach kids at some point (my YTT had a children's component) or that maybe it would be something I did someday. But my YTT teacher said that yoga teaching skills are like a learning a language--ie, use it or lose it. That really swayed me! I was worried about my skills getting rusty during the initial stages of the pandemic since I went a full 6 months (late March through late September) without teaching.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 09:57 AM  
Vantreesta

Beth, that makes sense about use it or lose it. I think so much of learning is that way. Some of it is like riding a bike though, too. A few wobbles when you start back and then it's like you never stopped!

I still haven't gotten any yoga in. The last two weeks of the Fightmaster beginner's challenge I was working through are all 30+ minutes and I haven't figured out yet how to fit everything in.

Feb 22: Insight Timer: breathwork (I found a 3 minute breath of fire one I like) visualization, affirmations, Daily Insight: Morning Opening Meditation-Albert Flynn DeSilver, bedtime playlist

Feb 23: Insight Timer: affirmations, breathwork, visualization, Daily Insight: Cultivating a Peaceful Mind-Renee Rotkopf and Practicing Present Moment Awareness-Danielle March, bedtime playlist

Feb 24: Insight Timer: Daily Insight: Flute Meditation with Tibetan Bowls-Sonic Yogi (loved this music break! Not much calms me as quickly as Native American flutes!), affirmations, bedtime playlist

I also have some podcasts I try to listen to daily: Yoga Girl Daily, Radio Headspace, Think Positive: Daily Affirmations, Your Morning Message, The Daily Pep, Your Morning Nudge and Everyday Positivity. I don't always have time for them though, even though they're all short.

Yesterday I was not very zen. Someone stole our 100+ pound cement dwarf statue and I wasted the day being angry and upset about it instead of praying and meditating.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 12:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I guess I "officially" finished on Tuesday, Day 60, and also (according to Sandra Boyton) World Yoga Day! But I did yoga yesterday too. I suppose I still will do yoga, just won't count the day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-07-21, 01:51 PM  
Vantreesta

I did post-run yoga a couple times this past week, which was nice. I'd really like to fit in more flow yoga but those practices aren't as good for me after runs and I don't have the extra time with my current rotation.

The meditation bench you linked, Beth, dropped to $21 so I finally ordered. So excited!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-07-21, 04:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Vannie, that's great about the meditation bench!

Today is the first day I didn't do yoga, so that makes 72 days for me. More than likely I'll do yoga again tomorrow, but continuously maintaining a streak sometimes wears on me. Plus, I went to class yesterday (live), so that seems like a good place to end.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-07-21, 04:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Nice job, Beth! I get that about maintaining streaks. There are some things it isn't so bad with but streaks for a specific physical activity can be very tiring and challenging. One June a few years ago I ran at least a mile every day for a month. I enjoyed it but it isn't realistic for my lifestyle most of the time. But I would like to try it again at some point at a time when it might work.

Old 03-12-21, 08:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Oops, wrong check in!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 08:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I've continued to yoga almost every day (I think I missed a day in there), largely because I don't feel like doing much else right now! Sometimes I'll do a short (10-15 mins) cardio or strength practice to "justify" doing yoga.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-12-21, 11:38 AM  
Vantreesta

I've done a couple days of Lesley's challenge this week and my post-run practice. I am really missing my DVDs but am determined to finish Lesley's challenge. I think I am ready for day 24.

I have been really missing Travis so I'm glad he's resumed his podcast finally. I can listen to that while walking and get my "fix" even though I don't have time right now for his long yoga practices. Someday I really want to get back to Ultimate Yogi and make it all the way through! When I did it before I noticed my body actually craved healthy foods more than what I usually eat. It was nice that I didn't have to fight against what I was hungry for!

My meditation bench came yesterday. I sat on it to try it out and think I will like it, I just have to actually use it!

Old 03-12-21, 11:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Vannie, LOL about actually having to USE the resources we have!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
sadhana