Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-21, 06:37 AM  
Cher

Tuesday’s workout was Christi Taylor’s Cardio Collectiables Step and Cathe Upper Body Add-on from her Basic Step dvd. Yesterday’s workout was IDTV Flexibility & Beyond Hips. My hips needed this so bad!

Yesterday we had my SIL’s dog Mara for the day. I just love her! She’s such a sweetie!

JBliff - I know, I thought that was weird about the snow Sunday. They were predicting it but luckily it stayed lower than us. We’re supposed to get about 3 inches of snow tonight. We are going to get cold here! Monday’s high is only 11 degrees.

Karen - Our snow usually comes up from like Missouri and Illinois and that area or it comes down from Canada (and Vannie’s area). That’s what’s happening tonight and why it will be so cold. It’s a cold front from Canada coming down.

Waves Vannie and Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 01:12 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH, then ICE Metabolic Training with core premix, finishing up with Namaste Yoga.

Cher - Wow, 11 degrees is cold! I don't think I could ever live where it gets that cold. I hope you don't get too much snow. How is Joseph liking his new job so far?

Waves to Karjoy, Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 03:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Why am I so bad about at least posting my workouts??

Mon 2/1 127 minutes
11 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 12 -7 Minute Glutes Workout for Women, YT) MON 1st time
30 minutes (from 2.034 mi for 10k trainer wk1 day3/VA British Columbia Coast Hike/Zombies Run S3M30) MON 1st time for VA
30 minutes (from 3.9 mi for Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 12/IRSW Lake Altaussee, Austria) MON
11 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 18, YT) (Sadhana day 32) MON only did half--I was starving!
45 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.52 mi)

Tue 2/2 84 minutes
31 minutes (from C. Friedrich Perfect 30 High Impact HIIT) TUE
15 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 18, YT) (Sadhana day 33) MON second half
38 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.23 mi)

Wed 2/3 125 minutes
7 minutes (from 7 Minutes to Save Your Knees) WED
40 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength) WED
31 minutes (from 2.124 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day1/VA /Zombies Run S3M31) WED 1st time for VA
13 minutes (from Strong Knees stretch) WED
34 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.95 mi)

Thu 2/4
9 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 13 , YT) TUE 1st time YouTube wasn't working on Tue
24 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 19, YT) (Sadhana day 34) TUE 1st time YouTube wasn't working on Tue
45 minutes (from shoveling ~7" of snow and I barely made a dent)

Heading back out for round two of shoveling. I can't imagine doing this if I wasn't in somewhat decent shape!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 05:33 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Rest day today. I have done lots of stretching which feels great. I managed to get some upper body in earlier this week. Had another cold run yesterday. Supposed to rain tomorrow but after our early morning run.

We are steadily giving shots in our office. I am feeling good about this because just maybe we are starting to make a dent in the number of vaccinations to be given.

Vannie I love reading about your varied workouts. You do lots of different things and get walking in too. Do you live in Minnesota?

Cher thanks for the weather explanation. I love hearing about different weather patterns depending on where you live. Our thunderstorms mostly come west to east.

Jbliff they have mentioned we might get snow the weekend of Valentines. That just does not work for us here in Florida, as you might imagine. Fortunately it almost never sticks. Causes excitement though!

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 06:03 PM  
Vantreesta

75 more minutes of shoveling and the driveway is still not done. Hubby can get in the garage to park though so I am done with it for today! Hopefully he will be home in time tonight to snowblow the rest. I was so excited to finally shower and realized it was time for Cyric's second walk. I bailed on the poor guy and just took him out to do his business. Sweat was drying and I was freezing. Just wanted a hot shower and warm dry clothes. He will survive.

Karen, yep, I'm in MN. Love it here, no interest in living anywhere else at this point! As far as workouts, I feel like I am all over the place. I just want to do everything! I had more planned for today but it's not happening. I'm glad I got the yoga done before breakfast. I count the shoveling as a workout for sure, but I still like having formal workouts when possible. I had planned on taking Cyric snowshoeing for our morning walk but the snow was coming down good. It had sprinkled a little at the end of our walk last night and they had predicted a glaze of ice so I didn't know how the roads would be, plus I didn't want to drive on the driveway and pack down the snow. We have a stretch of really cold, highs not even up to 0, coming so he isn't gonna wanna go during that time.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-05-21, 12:56 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical. We had a bunch of errands to run so I didn't have much time for a workout.

Vannie - What is Fightmaster yoga? You are getting a lot of full-body workout shoveling snow!

Karjoy - We are now possibly also looking at snow Valentine's week too. I remember it snowing once when I lived in Florida. It lasted about 2 minutes .

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 02-05-21, 01:15 PM  
Vantreesta

JBliff, Lesley Fightmaster yoga is a YouTube channel. She recently passed away. I hadn't done any of her practices before that but a couple ladies on one of my other check ins had so I decided to try her 30-day beginners challenge.

Another hour of shoveling done. It still isn't all done but it's passable for both our vehicles and pedestrians so I'm calling it good enough for now. I woke up sore and achy all over, basically from my SI joints up to my shoulders. Some of it is good DOMS but some is 45 yo joints doing what they're not used to doing!

Old 02-06-21, 07:37 AM  
Cher

Since I’ve been having this lazy, don’t want to workout feeling lately, and I feel like I’m SO out of shape, I decided to try doing a loose Cathe’s Beginner Rotation. I’m upping the weights to suit me and subbing in more cardio or different weight workouts when I want to.....so, I guess I’m using the format of it. (Started it Monday but never posted it ).

Wednesday’s workout was IDTV Flexibility & Beyond Hips. My hips needed this so bad! Thursday’s workout was Imax 4 Step Combos Only premix and Add-On Abs from Cathe’s Basic Step dvd. Yesterday was An unplanned Rest Day. I had to go grocery shopping so my plan was to just do a quick Leslie Mile and a 15-20 minute stretch then go shopping. Well, it took me 15 minutes to look for the dang stretch dvd I wanted! I got ticked and lost my ambition to do anything because I wasted so much time and just gave up and went shopping instead. Ugh, one of the bad things about having WAY to many workout dvds. (Later I did find the dvd eventually but it wasn’t on the shelf it was supposed to be on).

JBliff - Ugh, we are going to have highs in the teens all this week. I hate bitter cold like this! Makes me not want to do anything or go anywhere! Joseph seems to be doing okay at his new job and seems to like it. We’re still working on get his “home office” set up in his room. It’s cramped but it will work.

Vannie - Wow, you have some long workout times! OMG, all your shoveling makes me exhausted just reading about it. Be careful.

Karen - I’m so glad my parents were able to get their first vaccine. They go Feb 20 for their 2nd one. Yay! Ugh, I hope you don’t get that snow Valentines weekend!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 03:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, one nice thing about being in decent shape is I don't worry about my heart when I shovel! I do try to have good form so I don't hurt my back or hamstrings but I'm not worried about a heart attack like I worry about hubby.

Luckily I looked the other day and didn't see Crunch Candlelight Yoga in my workouts. I found it at the thrift store today and bought it! Yay! I think I bought 14 workouts! It's so rare to find ones I don't already have.

Old 02-06-21, 05:07 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Legs & Glutes + Essentrics episode focused on knee strengthening.

Vannie - I can't believe you found Candlelight Yoga at the thrift store. Congratulations! I can never find anything good at those places. Thanks for the info on Fightmaster Yoga. The name made me think it had something to do with martial arts so I was interested. That's so sad that she already passed away at age 50.

Cher - Too funny about spending 15 minutes looking for the stretch DVD. I've spent that long trying to decide what workout I'm going to do. Glad to hear your parents got their first shot of the vaccine.

Hi to Gibbee and Karjoy. Have a good day, everyone.