Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-15, 08:00 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Unhappy

I did not preorder and now I can't wait to order the dvds but I cannot because there is dvd bundle only and I d like the downloads too ...
Old 12-18-15, 10:48 PM  
alisoncooks

I got my tracking order! (I ordered quite near the end of the preorder period, IIRC.)

I also did the priority mail, so I hope this arrives before we travel for the holidays...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-15, 10:57 PM  
horusosiris

It seems as though the downloads and the On Demand videos could have been ready prior to the DVDs arriving from CA. I would assume that SNM already had digital copies of the workouts. The downloads and On Demand workouts could have been released when the DVDs arrived.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 05:53 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein View Post
I did not preorder and now I can't wait to order the dvds but I cannot because there is dvd bundle only and I d like the downloads too ...
You should wait; I am sure once all the preorders are complete you will be able to order both.
Old 12-19-15, 08:58 AM  
buttons11

I caved after preview clips on 11/28/15. IIRC This is the first time on Cathe preorders that I've ever received a shipping notice.

USPS tracking says "Expected Delivery Day: Monday, December 21, 2015" and I live in Arizona.

Boy that is squeezing it in!!!! First day of Winter is Dec 22nd. LOL
I don't really care LOL I'll be using the warm ups for a bit before I can do the whole workout anyway!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 09:22 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
It seems as though the downloads and the On Demand videos could have been ready prior to the DVDs arriving from CA. I would assume that SNM already had digital copies of the workouts. The downloads and On Demand workouts could have been released when the DVDs arrived.
I'm actually not too happy about this either. I thought one of the perks of On Demand was that you get your videos faster. They are to be uploaded about the same day I get the DVD's here in California. No benefit. I get that DVD's are important but we pay a lot of money for On Demand - why not get some perks?
Old 12-19-15, 11:24 AM  
shoegoddess

OMG!!! My shipping notice just updated! I'm getting them TODAY
Gonna do one of the workouts tomorrow. ..doing the happy dance

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 11:30 AM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
OMG!!! My shipping notice just updated! I'm getting them TODAY
Gonna do one of the workouts tomorrow. ..doing the happy dance
Same here! I decided to check again on shipping date and it's arriving today in California!
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 11:33 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Short review of Chiseled Upper Body (I'll wait to do it a second time before I post at the Reviews forum):

Me likey! This one is definitely intermediate as filmed. Cathe goes way light for her on weights, there is only one or two sets per exercise, and the rep counts are relatively high: maybe one exercise has 8 reps in a set, but the rest are 12-16 reps and she sometimes does a second set of 12-16 right after the first. Weights used are 3-10# dumbbells. By my DVD counter there are 14 minutes of standing exercises and 17 of floor. Most of the standing work is traditional but with a twist to it: for shoulder presses you sweep the weights up to a high diagonal and do a press from there. For hammer curls, you do 2 curls, then on the third your bring the dumbbells in front of you and arc them (slightly) back to your sides in sort of a heart shape. The floor work has both upper body-core and straight core. Examples of upper-and-core are chest flyes while you're extending one leg off the floor, and one-arm pullovers while extending the opposite leg. For the straight core work, Cathe does intermediate modifications, like triceps pushups from the knees instead of the toes.

This workout could be upped to advanced by upping weights (Cathe uses 8# for hammer curls when we know she can crank out reps at 15#) or doing one of the premixes. Some of the premixes now make more sense to me. The 'Double It' premix would be a good one to do the whole workout once at heavy weights and once at light-moderate, or with the 'One and a Half' premix you could do the standing exercises twice, once heavy and once light-moderate.

Music: background beat stuff and about 90% of the time, Cathe lifts to the beat which is GREAT. The lighting is a little harsh during the warmup and standing sections; Cathe is almost bleached out at times and everyone looks overexposed. Amanda the modifier only does a couple of minor modifications in this workout but for the most part these exercises don't need modifications. And even though many of the exercises have a twist, they still are much more traditional strength than functional work.
Old 12-19-15, 11:33 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I ordered the first day of the preorder. Just paid for regular USPS delivery Cathe offered. I'm in California and my delivery notice says Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
Same here! I decided to check again on shipping date and it's arriving today in California!
Oh, that is so exciting! I'm in San Diego, and I just checked, but my tracking notice is still saying that they're "expected" by Monday. I hope you both get yours today!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action