Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-12, 05:21 PM  
FitzFour

I have done 2 full rotations of CLX, and am now doing Lean for Life. I actually had the set 3 years ago, did a rotation and sold it because I got annoyed with Chalene and thought I was bulking up. I went on to STS, P90X, you name it, and decided this sytem gave me the best results in the shortest amount of time. I couldn't live without it now!

Erika
FitzFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 06:49 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Thanks, Sue! I really like hearing that someone has gotten use out of what I have posted here at VF.

I haven't done CLX in a long time, but I think this program is fantastic. I did it for 19 months straight and never tired of it.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:03 PM  
stitchywitch

I did a CLx rotation this winter and loved the results. I got a lot of definition, and the workouts were certainly doable! I used it as prep for P90x, which I'm in the midst of now, but I think it easily scales for all levels. I plan to do it again in the future.

Current rotation: P90x3 classic
stitchywitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:49 PM  
lilmonkey2

I have seller's remorse on this one. When I had it and did it, I liked it. Then I hurt my shoulder, so I sold it. I was sure it was CLX that caused me the pain, but I've since hurt myself doing the Ballet Body Upper Body workout (and I didn't even do the planks stuff, just the weighted section), so I'm thinking it's my shoulder and not a specific workout or style of workout.

This thread has me thinking about repurchasing it
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 08:06 PM  
gigi

I did one rotation with CLX and loved, loved, loved it. Now that I've been doing Kettlebell workouts a lot, I'd like to do CLX again (Debbie's version) b/c I'm betting I'd be even better at it. CLX is very unique in that you can go quite heavy while being functional and doing some compound moves....

This was on my best purchase of the year list at the time I purchased it and even though I haven't done a complete rotation with it again (yet), I'm glad I have it! I know I'll use it again!
Old 04-18-12, 01:06 PM  
wookiemouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfreund View Post
What did this rotation look like? It sounds interesting!
I did 3 weeks on: TF or Burn It Off! on MWF, then a HIIT (15 or 20) with a CLX weight routine on Tu/Th. Then on my week off, I did P57 (full body) on MWF and pilates (10 min solution quick sculpt or Pilates for Weight Loss) for 30-40 mins on Tu/Th.

I'm doing that rotation again now, except I'm incorporating ANY cardio on my "on" weeks, not doing the HIIT (once in a while I can get one in if hubby is home to take the kids to school), and only doing Push for Tu/Th. When I did this rotation a year ago, I was able to drop a lb a week easily. I'm finding the same thing happening now!

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 01:40 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I've been trying to incorporate P57 into my routine, and I need to be organized about it.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 02:40 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

It's been a while since I did it, but I just LOVED it and I think I got pretty good results from it. I've been planning to do it again this spring on a slightly shorter time frame - like two weeks per phase.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 03:27 PM  
ellaenchanted

I looove it! I just started my fourth full rotation of it. I am on week 2 of the Burn phase. I also worked the individual phases into other rotations I have done. I bought it when it first came out and it is one the best money I ever spent on a fitness related purchase.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 10:46 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Still doing CLX and loving it! I alternate it with Weider X Factor. So far I am doing the Burn Circuit and am up to Week 4 of X Factor. I don't know if I can keep up both as the weeks go on, but I will try. If not I will start X Factor at Week 1 again and possibly alternate with CLX cardio. I agree with everyone who said Push is the best. Lean takes some getting used to but is absolutely worth doing.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx