Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-12, 11:52 AM  
kenda

Does anyone use CLX anymore?

I've had CLX since it came out, did a half hearted rotation with it, and haven't looked at it since. I've been thinking about trying a rotation with it, but have read a few comments on "worst purchase" threads and such. I tend to stick with high rep/low weight workouts so I'm a little afraid to try this (so why did I buy this). I'm not necessarily trying to gain strength right now, just keep what I have (and, I hesitate to say, not bulk up) so I don't know if its a good choice. Is anyone still using it? Still liking the results its given you?
kenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 12:28 PM  
moviegrl1737

I'm just finishing up a Turbo Fire CLX hybrid rotation. Unfortunately I didn't have heavy enough weights until the last phase, so I might go another round this time with Insanity, but I enjoy the length and feel really worked at the end.
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 12:34 PM  
cam522

Yes, I am, this is my first time using it. I'm in my first week of the Lean Phase and I like it alot, today was CLX Lean Intervals and I think I like it better than Burn Intervals.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 03:20 PM  
jacs

I am. This is the second time I have started the rotation - the first time got derailed by tonsillitis. It is too soon to see results but I find it easy to stick to without any dread factor.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 03:29 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I like Push phase in particular and just finished it again a month and a half ago. I'll probably keep CLX forever just for Push phase.
Old 04-17-12, 04:00 PM  
orphylea

I love CLX. I've done a 9 week Fit for Life rotation (with DebbieS's modifications) and am now in the middle of an extended CLX rotation- 6 weeks of each phase. I usually lift with Cathe but these are so darn efficient and I lose weight every time I do them. What's not to love? In the future, I'll probably only do 4 weeks of Push- that heavy for that long is a bit tough on my shoulders.

STS Grad
P90X Dropout
18 week CLX rotation finished
Currently loving Amy's Drop Sets and Cathe's STS TB
orphylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 04:02 PM  
momofcha

I am!!!!! I have been using it pretty consistently since it came out what, 3 years ago? I use Debbie S's rotation too. LOVE this program and can't imagine my life without it. My body loves heavy lifting and I haven't found anything that works like this!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 04:55 PM  
wookiemouse

2x a week - 3 years later!

I have completed the entire program a few times, then did a hybrid with Turbofire, Physique 57 and pilates for a year or so. I took a break to try lighter weights/more reps (Les Mills Pump) and didn't like it. I got nice results from it, but I LOVE CLX because it makes me feel powerful. After doing it for so dang long, I'm lifting 10-15 lbs heavier than Chalene on most exercises (and 5 lbs heavier than Skip on the standing arnold press in Push - that one move there will give me enough confidence to tackle ANYTHING that day!).

The biggest plus for me is the time - 30-40 mins. On Tues/Thurs, I only have 30 mins to work out between taking 2 kids to school. 2 days a week of strength works best for me, so I need a good program that can fit in that time slot. I have tried other programs but always seem to come back to CLX. Like others - I'm only doing the Push month.

I would like to try STS this summer, but CLX will always be one of my go-to work outs. Especially on vacation - any place we go that has a weight set at an in-house gym, I'm set!

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 05:08 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiemouse View Post
2x a week - 3 years later!

I have completed the entire program a few times, then did a hybrid with Turbofire, Physique 57 and pilates for a year or so.
What did this rotation look like? It sounds interesting!

I've used CLX off and on since I got it a couple of years ago. I think it's a great set.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 05:13 PM  
zippity

I love CLX because it's a relatively short workout and I don't need a ton of equipment; also agree Push is the best phase and the one I use most.
zippity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx