Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-11, 06:44 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I did all three phases of CLX and really liked them, but I cannot make myself do it again because I can't face Burn. But I could do Burn...love that one because you can go really heavy and you're focused on one set of muscles per exercises. Going heavy while doing those combination moves (a bowler lunge with a single lat row) does not make my body happy. I should do Push and not worry about Burn and see how that goes. Lean is supposed to be good, but I'm not too crazy about that phase either...

I forgot, too...love your wonderful results and thank you for sharing, Lorrie!!!
Old 11-17-11, 07:07 PM  
violingal3

Congratulations on your results!!! I just acquired this set now that I have a good dumbbell collection, I'm looking forward to giving them a try!!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 07:30 PM  
janeomi
VF Supporter

Congratulations! I love this program, it changed my middle aged life!
janeomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 10:51 PM  
Diane135

CLX is a fabulous program! I had great results with it too. I also wasn't as crazy about the compound moves as some of you have said and the bowler's lunges were killer! I loved the Push phase. I was just thinking about doing CLX again after getting done my kettlebell rotation.
Diane135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 10:00 AM  
Poodlepants

Wow, great results. They are especially encouraging to me, since I am pear-shaped as well. I was thinking of asking Santa for Turbo Fire, now I think I'd like ask for this instead. I'm totally torn.
Poodlepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 11:34 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

Way to go! Your results are great. I think CLX is sneaky good for the waist. I love that it is time efficient as well. Congratulations!
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 01:15 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
I did all three phases of CLX and really liked them, but I cannot make myself do it again because I can't face Burn. But I could do Burn...love that one because you can go really heavy and you're focused on one set of muscles per exercises. Going heavy while doing those combination moves (a bowler lunge with a single lat row) does not make my body happy. I should do Push and not worry about Burn and see how that goes. Lean is supposed to be good, but I'm not too crazy about that phase either...

I forgot, too...love your wonderful results and thank you for sharing, Lorrie!!!
Lydia, I am the opposite. I cannot do Push I was two weeks in this last go-round and injured my shoulder, lifting too heavy, I guess... I know, I could try lifting lighter, but it just seems to defeat the purpose IMO.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 01:55 PM  
ladysaraii

The only phase of this program I liked was Push. Maybe I should pull it out again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda View Post
That's exactly what I did earlier this year. I did a 30 day Jillian Shred & Ripped rotation to prepare, and then did 3 weeks of Push followed by 4 weeks of Lean, and finished it off with 3 more weeks of Push. LOVED IT and got great results. And although I did whatever cardio I felt like, I tried to make sure to do the CLX interval workouts at least once a week; for some reason, the high-rep low-weight work seems to be an important piece of the CLX puzzle for my body.
What was your Shred & Ripped rotation? I'm doing the Slimdown rotation, but Im always curious

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 02:19 PM  
Malinda

Carmen,

I just sort of made it up. I alternated Shred, Ripped, and some other cardio as follows:

1. Shred L1
2. Something else
3. Ripped L1
4. Shred L2
5. Something else
6. Ripped L2
7. Rest day
8. Shred L3
9. Something else
10. Ripped L3
11. Something else
12. Ripped L4
13. Something else
14. Rest day

Repeat entire series for a total of 28 days, although an unexpected day off here and there made it 30 total.

My "something else" was usually a Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam, or a Cathe HIIT. I probably did CLX Dynamic Flow Yoga once or twice instead of cardio. I would have to look at my notes to say for sure.

I think it was good preparation for Push.
Old 11-18-11, 10:21 PM  
ladysaraii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinda View Post
Carmen,

I just sort of made it up. I alternated Shred, Ripped, and some other cardio as follows:

1. Shred L1
2. Something else
3. Ripped L1
4. Shred L2
5. Something else
6. Ripped L2
7. Rest day
8. Shred L3
9. Something else
10. Ripped L3
11. Something else
12. Ripped L4
13. Something else
14. Rest day

Repeat entire series for a total of 28 days, although an unexpected day off here and there made it 30 total.

My "something else" was usually a Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam, or a Cathe HIIT. I probably did CLX Dynamic Flow Yoga once or twice instead of cardio. I would have to look at my notes to say for sure.

I think it was good preparation for Push.
Thanks Malinda! DO you think you got good results?

I was looking for something to sub for Quick Trouble Zones, I might pull out some cardio and put it there instead

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, chalene, clx, clx results