Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-11, 11:09 AM  
wlorrie

Thumbs up My CLX results

I started a CLX 8 weeks ago. (I did continued to do my regular cardio along with CLX.) I just did Push for 4 weeks and Lean for 4 weeks. I didn't do the Burn phase because the weight training was, in my opinion, comparable to what I was already doing. I tried to go as heavy as possible which was, for me, 5-10 pounds total heavier than Chalene. I lost 7 pounds, my waist went from 28 to 25.5 inches, and my hips went from 40.5 to 38.5. I saw increased muscle definition in my shoulders, back, waist, and thighs.

I can't believe these results!!! I'm a pear and build muscle easily, so I was a little worried about bulking up with heavy weight, but that wasn't the case. And my diet hasn't change. I still eat what I want, just in moderation.
I would definitely recommend CLX and and am very impressed by the changes in my body just from weight training 30-45 minutes a day, 3 days a week.

My next major goal will be to try to maintain the results during the holidays
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 11:18 AM  
JP44

That's fantastic! Congratulations on your results!! ^^55s!!

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 11:23 AM  
Artist of Eyes

That's amazing!

I am thinking about doing CLX also again, but I never make it past the first phase; it's too shoulder heavy and I have BAD shoulders!

I guess I never thought to skip Phase 1 but I think I will. Thanks for the idea and congrats on such fantastic results!

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 12:17 PM  
cardiomama

Congratulations on your progress! I like that idea of just using Push & Lean for a rotation, good way to mix it up for future rotations.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 12:56 PM  
Malinda

That's exactly what I did earlier this year. I did a 30 day Jillian Shred & Ripped rotation to prepare, and then did 3 weeks of Push followed by 4 weeks of Lean, and finished it off with 3 more weeks of Push. LOVED IT and got great results. And although I did whatever cardio I felt like, I tried to make sure to do the CLX interval workouts at least once a week; for some reason, the high-rep low-weight work seems to be an important piece of the CLX puzzle for my body.
Old 11-17-11, 01:06 PM  
gigi

Fantastic! I keep saying I'm going to go back to CLX one of these days!
Old 11-17-11, 01:21 PM  
fitjen

Hi -

I have a couple to questions...I have CLX (from a friend), although I've never done a rotation. What is the difference between PUSH and BURN??

I have about 30 pounds to lose, and I'm inter/advanced exerciser. Would you recommend PUSH/LEAN like you said or a complete rotation? (With heavy cardio, of course...and, yeah, I know, clean eating )

What do y'all think?

Last edited by fitjen; 11-17-11 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Edited to Add: I'm a pear and put on muscle easily, too, like Lorrie.
fitjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 02:03 PM  
wlorrie

Thanks guy!
Fitjen- the Burn Phase was compund moves, 12 reps, and medium weights and around 35-40 minutes long. I could be a little off since I just did it once through. The Push phase uses heavy weights, 8 reps, on muscle group at a time, and were around 30 minutes long. I'd say to try the Burn phase. If it's similar to what you have been doing, then go to Push. While I liked Burn, I felt like it wasn't challenging enough and was eager to get to some heavy lifting.

Malinda- that's a good idea to do another PUSh phase. Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea from you!
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 06:22 PM  
lingo10

wow congrats, thats really good results

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-11, 06:30 PM  
Malinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
Malinda- that's a good idea to do another PUSh phase. Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea from you!
Lorrie
Go for it! You know, whenever I tried to do the rotation as written (after the first couple of times of completing it), I never wanted to move on to Lean, and got it in my head that those workouts were just too difficult for me and I couldn't do them. Doing the rotation in this manner made me realize how much I actually really love the Lean Phase, and that yes, I CAN do them -- and I felt amazingly strong and accomplished when I finished.

I neglected to say the first time I posted - GREAT JOB Lorrie!!!!

Tags
beachbody, chalene, clx, clx results