Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-11, 05:04 AM  
bearcatfan

I can walk and chew gum but I can't

do combination moves.

I previewed a borrowed CLX set this morning and did Burn 1. Holy crud, I just hated it! I can't do a bicep curl with a sumo squat ending in a side leg raise. That might not be an actual exercise in there, but it's representative of the "pat your belly and rub your head" stuff that I dislike.

I'm just a traditionalist, I guess. I need the focus of one body part at a time. To be fair, the Push phase looks awesome - because it has more traditional moves. And the interval/cardio work looks good too. I'm not sure about Lean because it looked like more of the same like Burn but perhaps less confusing for me.
Old 08-15-11, 06:29 AM  
PhyllisG

Plus you are using heavy weights. Too awkward. What might be heavy for a bicep curl is not necessarily heavy for leg work so while I finished the whole rotation I then gave it away.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 06:36 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I agree. I constantly felt as if I would hurt myself with CLX. Too many awkward moves with heavier weights. I am also traditional with regard to weight w/os. I love P90X for those and even the P90 Masters Series.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 07:45 AM  
andtckrtoo

I did hurt myself with CLX. Heavy weights with awkward moves - especially the leaning over lunges caused my sciatic nerve to protest for the first time. I still have to deal with it now and again.
Old 08-15-11, 07:50 AM  
PhyllisG

I agree. Those leaning over lunges with heavy weight were just an injury waiting to happen.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 08:21 AM  
Blackadar

I really had no problems with Burn or Push, probably because I started a little light and worked into heavier weight. Plus, she wants you to lift slowly, so you have to back off the weight to do that correctly. But her constantly pushing you to "go heavy or go home" while requiring you to balance while lifting heavy can be dangerous if you just go a pound or two too heavy.

Now Lean, on the other hand...er, no. I felt very awkward doing those movements and felt unstable the entire time.
Old 08-15-11, 09:23 AM  
jplain

I was okay with Burn until I started Push, and then I realized that Push was far safer for me. Didn't care for Lean either. But I really did like Push. You might give those a chance if you've got the whole set on hand....
jplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 09:28 AM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Plus you are using heavy weights. Too awkward. What might be heavy for a bicep curl is not necessarily heavy for leg work so while I finished the whole rotation I then gave it away.
Burn 1, in particular, has combo moves that don't fit well together. Squats and shoulders, there's no one weight you can use for both, and there were a lot of combos like that in Burn 1.
Old 08-15-11, 10:00 AM  
jacmar

This was my biggest problem with CLX. When I complained it was too easy, the advice I was given was to use heavier weights. There was no way I could have gone heavier with a lot of the moves.
jacmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 12:26 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

I ended up hitting pause and doing each part of some of the combo moves separately.

impossible for me otherwise

as for coordination?
I fear complex aerobics 0_0
(must remember...my OTHER left! gah! where did that wall come from?!)

Tags
chalean extreme, clx, combination moves, coordination