Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-11, 10:10 AM  
donnamp

ooh - I'm getting enabled, too. I'm really bored and uninspired with my giant collection of DVDs so maybe this will freshen up my workouts. I also like that they are on the shorter side b/c lately my attention span for workouts is zero.

Where is a good place to go to invest in bands? I do have some from Walmart/Target but I was wondering if it would be worth it to get some "better" ones that have guides as to the amount of resistance? what do you think?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 10:20 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
ooh - I'm getting enabled, too. I'm really bored and uninspired with my giant collection of DVDs so maybe this will freshen up my workouts. I also like that they are on the shorter side b/c lately my attention span for workouts is zero.

Where is a good place to go to invest in bands? I do have some from Walmart/Target but I was wondering if it would be worth it to get some "better" ones that have guides as to the amount of resistance? what do you think?

Donna
I LOOOOVVVEEE the bodylastics tubing ! I have some Gold's Gym tubing from Walmart, which I thought were nice enough, but the bodylastics blow them out the water. I mean, I feel like I could tie something down to my car with the bodylastics, they are that sturdy! Plus, it is clear what the poundage would be on the tubing. I feel very safe using them. Now granted, I have not had them that long and have maybe only used them a month tops, but they are very nice tubing. I think you will like them. Beatchica (hope she chimes in!) has had some very good things to say about them too.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 10:42 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I LOOOOVVVEEE the bodylastics tubing ! I have some Gold's Gym tubing from Walmart, which I thought were nice enough, but the bodylastics blow them out the water. I mean, I feel like I could tie something down to my car with the bodylastics, they are that sturdy! Plus, it is clear what the poundage would be on the tubing. I feel very safe using them. Now granted, I have not had them that long and have maybe only used them a month tops, but they are very nice tubing. I think you will like them. Beatchica (hope she chimes in!) has had some very good things to say about them too.
Thanks to you (and especially beatchica) I finally decided to take the plunge on these. I am really looking forward to doing the workouts on liveexercise (especially the pilates).
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 01:50 PM  
donnamp

Thanks for the advice on the bands - I will look for them (where did you get them?)

Donna
Old 08-02-11, 02:08 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thanks for the advice on the bands - I will look for them (where did you get them?)

Donna
I assume you were talking to bubbles, but I will tell you that I got mine at Amazon in order to get free shipping.
Old 08-02-11, 03:08 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Naturallove! I will check that out. I also saw some at Sports Authority awhile back (not sure if they were bodylastics). Off to do some checking..

what do you recommend to start w/ - I would guess I'm intermediate/upper intermediate for strength- I generally don't do really "heavy" workouts - like for the most part I'm sticking with the 5-15 lb range for most things. I do have some 20's but don't use them often.

Take care-

Donna
Old 08-02-11, 03:15 PM  
naturallove

Donna-I purchased the Bodylastics Maximum Tension set. According to the website, this set will provide you with up to 134 lbs of tension. Unless you're training for a sport such as competitive lifting, I can't imagine you'd need more. You can buy heavier bands separately if you decide you need to go heavier.
Old 08-02-11, 05:49 PM  
donnamp

thanks! That is pretty reasonable, too. Wishlisted it!

Donna
Old 08-03-11, 12:13 PM  
bubbles76

Yes, the Maximum Tension set is the one I have. However, like a vidiot, I got the one with the DVDs

Hey, if we all get CLX, we should do a working out with bands (and tubes) check in!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:09 PM  
Stacey77

I got the most leaned out toned arms from using bands. They look much nicer than when I was lifting weights. I love bands!
Stacey77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx, resistance tubing