Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-19, 05:15 PM  
furmomof6

Dana, I just saw your message but I see Carol replied. I'm not a subscriber and she still signed me up over email.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 06:19 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Pilates level 1 on the reformer

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 10:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was Jessica Smith Yoga stretch for beginners

Cheryl or Christine
I'm curious to know what the differences are performing the moves on the reformer versus performing on the mat. Curious to what it was that motivated you to purchase the reformer?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-19, 10:40 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Today was Jessica Smith Yoga stretch for beginners

Cheryl or Christine
I'm curious to know what the differences are performing the moves on the reformer versus performing on the mat. Curious to what it was that motivated you to purchase the reformer?
My tail bone, my knees, and lack of getting a tweak where I needed,. It’s hard getting up from the floor.

I wanted something I could do for 15 minutes and know and feel it is working. It’s my time. Stop trying to do what is not good for me. I don’t want any of my mat videos now because, really, they are harder to do than on the machine. It is powerful. There are so many add ones, and places to work-along videos. You can stream or purchase from the website and YouTube. It is hugely not as tuff and turning yourself into a pretzel for what? They are movements we use every day. Do you really want to do crow, and have your blood circulating to you head in downward dog? How many people do you see or heard of that hasn’t had a medical problem with their bones? You won’t find anyone I believe talking about DOMS. Why do that to your body when you don’t have to.? It’s in my home and I can do it on my schedule. I don’t have the worry of getting to a class if I don’t feel well, just because I paid for it? No, that is reason for more stress. It works more easy on your whole body. Sure if you want to target one area, you can do that. It helps with weight bearing exercise,without the risk of getting your body out of alignment. This program was inspired by Joe Pilates to cure his ailments, not to muscle up. I want to make my body stronger at any time, at any age. I don’t want to grow older saying I shouldn’t have done so much heavy lifting with Cathe. It won’t drop on your toes and your safe. Besides, I have no desire to run, or walk mindless time on my treadmill. It’s just my time.

And you get a rebounder to help with lymphatic flow, it’s just the bomb diigady

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 08:23 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's activity was

Dog Walk - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Joint Gentle Classical Pilates - 30 minutes

and cleaning out my closet. Despite all of the clothes that I took out of my closet to donate to the Salvation Army Thrift shop, it still looks jam packed. Embarrassing!

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 09:30 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

It's a rest day for me!

Linda, I took some reformer classes in person and it was a lot of fun. When I found out someone local was selling one for a really cheap price, I got it. I'm not familiar with all that can be done on it, but for me it's like mat work but with added resistance. I like that aspect of it for my legs and arms. However, I much prefer mat work for my abs since doing it on the reformer with the added tension hurts my neck!

Carol, nice workouts yesterday! I missed my walk.

Waves to all!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 11-17-19, 11:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Gina B Tota Body Circuit 2 DVD - WU, UB, Stretch and 12 Min Standing Abs Bonus - total 40m. That standing abs bonus is probably my favorite part of the DVD. Gina's energy is contagious and I really enjoy working out with her.

E Pilates (Emma) Day 1 Abs - 16min. I also did both of her 6 min bonus workouts Arms and Back. I really like Emma and her instructions are very detailed. She's calm, lovely and not at all intimidating. She's someone I can relate to.

Day 2 is Glutes and I already received the workout. She does appear to be living in Malaysia since she's holding classes in Kuala Lumpur, but she sounds Australian. Her class was very doable, not too many reps but after 16minutes I felt it in my abs. Thank you for mentioning her site because I really like her and depending on how the rest of the challenge goes, I may consider signing up with her for a month or two. She currently has a sale on her subscription and the price is reasonable.

Waves to all!
Old 11-17-19, 11:59 AM  
furmomof6

Dana, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm going to start the challenge tomorrow. I figured since her workouts are 15 minutes, and the Pilates Nest ones are 15 minutes, I can do both. I look forward to it!

Old 11-18-19, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were

Dog Walk - 35 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Gentle Prenatal Pilates - 17 minutes

This workout was a nice, gentle, workout with no ab series. I'm still waiting to hear back from the doctor's office on my CT scan and don't want to wreck my neck any worse than it already is. I'm getting tired of waiting.

I'll look at doing Smriti's new Retreat workouts, but will have to keep my head down on the mat.

Dana - thanks for the review of the EPilates workouts so far. I'll need to remember her site if I ever get cleared to do full blown pilates. I like that Gina B DVD as well. I need to revisit it.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday's workouts were:

Ellen - Grace & Gusto
Blessful Body - Pilates Stress Soother

Today's workouts were:

Leslie - red mile
Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine - Day # 1

I want to do the ePilates challenge, too, but just not enough time. I think I may do PN this week and what I can do of the ePilates next week. Too many challenges and instructors to try!

I do like Ky from Blessful Body, too.

Dana - I like Gina B quite a bit - she is a lot of fun to workout with.

Carol - I hope you hear something about your neck soon.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. I'm going to get out for a walk this afternoon - it is overcast/dreary but not too cold.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote