Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-14-19, 06:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, thank you very much! Is Smriti aware that the link on her website is not working? If I decide to subscribe to her site, I'll let her know.

Are the workouts on her paid subscription site as echo-y as this one is? I'll try it tomorrow and see how I like it. I'm aware of her free youtube workouts but I haven't yet done any of them. Thanks again, Carol!
Dana, yes, I told Smriti that you had signed up and hadn't gotten the free workout. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I did either. She said she would get it fixed.

That is one of Smriti's earlier workouts and the sound quality did improve, but it's not as good as PBL's, for example. Smriti is not as polished by PBL - not even close (she was born in Nepal and moved to the US as a child) - but I do find her workouts very do-able and not at all dreadworthy. Completely different feel than PBL, who I always thought was trying to cripple me for life. I just feel like Smriti is trying to give me a decent workout.

One nice thing that I like about her streaming is that you can download and keep as many of her workouts as you like.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 06:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Bar Method - Beginner Workout DVD - 36 minutes

I picked this workout because it was shorter and I remember not minding it, but now I like the streaming beginner workouts so much better. 'Nuff said about that workout. I've moved on.

Cheryl - Posting on VF - in any check in - it's like having workout buddies that you see at the gym and you don't want to let them down by not showing up. It's an encouragement to go ahead and get something done, even when you would rather sit on the couch and surf the Internet or watch TV. I've even found posting on the "Just the Workouts" check-in, where there is no chatter and everyone just lists their workouts is enough accountability for me. I have my posts from those check ins all the way back to January 2013.

Christine - Glad you are feeling better!

Today will be a wild day at School - we are having our annual Thanksgiving Day Lunch and will be feeding almost 600 people. Normally our lunchroom feeds about 250 to 275, so it will be all hands on deck.

Waves to all ~

Carol
Old 11-14-19, 09:34 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks again, Carol. I forgot that Smriti allows you to download her workouts. Also as I remember reading here, her schedule is more like Robin's and more doable than Lisa's. I love PBL but after 3-4 years of being a member, I am ready to move on to something else. Also, I've developed significant dread factor with PBL (too challenging at this time of my life) and avoided doing pilates altogether. My PBL membership expires next week and I've already notified her I won't be renewing at this time. I may try Pilates Nest though and will be checking if Smriti has any specials for Black Friday.
Old 11-14-19, 09:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

This morning I just did a 20 min Pilates/Stretch workout from Blessful body.

I didn't feel like doing anything else! I hope to walk at lunch!

I am toying with keeping Blessful Body around a bit longer - we'll see. I think my month expires on the 22nd, so I'll decide next week if I want to cancel or not.

Waves -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 10:34 AM  
cherimac

Double Post
Old 11-14-19, 10:34 AM  
cherimac

TBL Full Body Strength and it challenged me.

Carol-great explanation of accountability.

Dana-Smriti’s latest stuff is better but not the quality of Robin or Lisa. She is also super-responsive to emails, etc. and will make a workout to address what members want.
Old 11-14-19, 12:04 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Pilates Lower Body

s
That one was tough, but I liked it a lot! It was a nice mix of standing and floor with side lying and all fours work. It's in the NRBTV archives if anyone is interested.

Carol, thank you! Thanks for the link! I downloaded it. I never received it over email either. Glad you brought it to Smriti's attention. Good luck with your Thanksgiving lunch today!

Dana, I also found the Pilates Nest workouts to be a nice mix of giving you a good workout, but not overkill. I downloaded a bunch to keep. I hope you'll stick around with us, or at least pop in again from time to time!

Donna, I keep meaning to mention that I signed up for the EPilates 14 day challenge that's starting on 11/17. I think it was you who mentioned that website? I want to see what the workouts are all about.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 07:22 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
It's an encouragement to go ahead and get something done, even when you would rather sit on the couch and surf the Internet ....~

Carol
^^^ this is on point for how I feel. Any of the check-ins I feel this way on VF.

Cheryl I have to admit I read your posts with interest because of your reformer. I keep my fingers crossed to one day be able to go to a studio and use the equipment..I'm sure it's fun!

Dana I think it's great to reevaluate what you do and what you should continue to do. The subscription renewal deadline probably provides a natural time to do that. I'm glad you mentioned that because you reminded me I probably need to take a moment to do that as well.

Carol Linda Wooldridge is no joke! I feel no pressure to do all reps or even keep up the pace she does. I can definitely see someone associating a dread factor with her though.

Donna hope things are better.

Since last post rest day and Taebo total advanced #1 on VHS no less. All the different exercisers from different backgrounds and ages having fun was good for me.

Waves to Christine, Brenda, and Cheri!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 07:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning,

Thursday's workout was

Bar Method - Jam Packed - 20 minutes

A new to me workout - but not beginner level - it was do-able, but it really moved along. Not a long time to get into position, and the stretches weren't held as long as I would like. Still, it worked in a pinch when I was short for time last night.

Our Thanksgiving Lunch went smoothly yesterday, the best one since I've been at the School. I think they served close to 600 in about a 2.5 hour period. Our PTA people helped out a lot.

Linda - Linda W doesn't fill me with dread, she scares me so badly I won't even try one of her DVDs. It looks like thousands of reps. On the other hand, I did love those Taebo Lives back in the day.

Christine - thanks for the EPilates mention - that's another one I hadn't heard of before. I signed up for her challenge as well, but I've been known to sign up for challenges and then not do them.

Donna - hope things are calming down for you! Good job getting a workout in.

Dana - I got to the exact same place with PBL - I just didn't want to work that hard at my workouts. Smriti has two schedules - one that is 5 days a week with all shorter workouts and one that is also 5 a week with 3 30 minute workouts and 2 shorter workouts. Since both schedules are on one calendar, I often would float back and forth between the two schedules depending on how long I wanted to work. And as Cheri said, Smriti is very responsive to emails and Facebook posts. I requested a neck friendly workout in September, and she released one in October. I've asked for workouts that are easy on the wrists, and she's done one or two of those as well since I asked. (I'm currently on a Pilates break until the doctors figure out what to do about my misaligned neck vertebra and I'm missing it!)

Waves ~

Carol
Old 11-15-19, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning i just slept in - if time permits I'll take a walk at work today!

I was tired from two late nights!

Things are still the same on my end - so still quite a bit on my mind - but I'm doing the best I can to not get ahead of myself in terms of worrying about the future, etc. so trying to just take it day by day.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Christine - gosh, I can't remember that! I will have to look it up - I would be up for a challenge!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote