Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-19, 09:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi everyone,

this morning I did:

Blessful body - Upper Body Mobilization - this was about 30 min so no time for a walk! She did include the rollover which is a move I don't do - so I sub'd.

I am not sure about taking a walk at work today - it is getting cold and windy out, but you never know. Since doing the 1 mile Leslie in the morning and then walking at lunch I have been getting over 7K steps a day - so that is good, especially with a desk job and commuting.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 10:01 AM  
cherimac

TBL Graceful Mat Flow These always sound so much easier than they are, haha.

My goal this week is two 30 minute TBL workouts and three 30 minute PN workouts. So far I'm 2/2.

Happy Tuesday.
Old 11-12-19, 01:18 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk (very short, it's bitter cold here!)
Shaped by Faith: Kickbox & Pilates Core

I liked that workout, but it was a little much for me today considering I'm under the weather. Although it did move at a nice, slower pace and I liked the core work.

Cheri, good goal! Robin hasn't mentioned anything about the Sisterhood yet, but I'm watching!

Donna, it's bitter cold here! Great job on getting your steps in! Did everything work out with your mom's flooring?

Carol, thank you! I do feel better today than I did yesterday at least! Wow, it sounds like a good thing they took that video down. It's so unnecessary and inappropriate for workout videos to have that kind of talk.

Waves to Brenda, Cheryl, Linda and Elle! Sorry if I missed anyone.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 01:22 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Don’t worry about missing me, I’m here but I’m having a hard time connecting conversation with you guys.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 06:40 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Don’t worry about missing me, I’m here but I’m having a hard time connecting conversation with you guys.
Lol, I get lost too sometimes! You're funny Cheryl.

Just to update you all ..my secret santa gift was a Linda Wooldridge Interval Barre upper body
And SHEESH what a shoulder fry! I am going to have to build up to finishing these reps on my toes. I had to modify constantly. #Goals

Decided to take it easy on myself after that and do 10 MS target toning...oldie but a goodie. I have to mute it and okay my own music but the routines are nice...esp. the last stretch!

Waving back 😁

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 07:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Bar Method - Explore Your Flexibility - 25 minutes

This was a super express workout - one set of pushups, thigh, glutes, abs, and glutes again, with lots of stretching interspersed. This one was led by Burr.

Linda - just the mention of Linda Wooldridge's name fills me with dread. That woman is a machine! I have a few of her workouts, but I'm too scared to do them.

Christine - sorry you are still under the weather! Yes, I was glad to see that video go down. I complained about it when I did it several years ago, but didn't get any response. Obviously times have changed, although it didn't bother some people. There was quite the discussion on Facebook about that video - some people loved it and felt it was a shout out to the originator of modern day barre workouts, Lotte Berk, who was a bit (a lot?) of a hot mess.

Cheri - I always laugh at the names of pilates workouts - they generally sound so soothing and relaxing when they are anything but that.

Donna - It's been windy and cold here too, but today it will be back up in the 60's and sunny. I will try to get a walk in here today. Hope you got your mom's flooring job finished up.

Cheryl - Check-ins like these can be hard to keep up with sometimes, especially with all the "C" names.

Waves to everyone ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a walk in at work even though it was getting windy and cold. I got over 6K steps yesterday - so not bad for no formal cardio and a desk job.

Today I did:

Leslie - Yellow Mile (from the Color Coded Miles DVD)
Blessful Body - HIIP Lite (High Intensity Interval Pilates).

I'll see what other activity I can get in today.

Carol and Christine - yes, the floor is done, thank goodness. I have a few more little projects to complete and hopefully can list it soon - I may wait until the new year, since I imagine that house hunting isn't on everyone's schedule between Thanksgiving and New Year's!

Waves, everyone

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 08:38 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

wrong group posting. ��������

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 09:06 AM  
cherimac

Cheryl -most check ins are like this over time. People change things up but still stick together. I like the accountability of posting, even when I am too busy to engage much.

PN Pure Classical Pilates . Happy Wednesday.
Old 11-13-19, 09:13 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Popping in to ask a question about Pilates Nest. Does anyone know if Smriti offers Black Friday specials? I've signed up for her newsletter and the free workout and I haven't received either. In fact I've done it couple of times. Nothing. Not in spam/junk folder either. Also, in case I sign up, how easy it is to cancel her membership?

Thanks, and waves to everyone!