Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-08-19, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Mile 5 from the Mile in the Morning DVD
Classical Stretch 1101
Pilates w/ a Purpose Day 5

I took the day off from work today - and I have Monday off, too, for Veteran's Day.

The CS episode really felt good, I think I need to work on some mobility and loosening up my body and joints.

I also stumbled upon this Pilates site - it is reasonable at $9.99/Month.

https://digital.bodyharmonics.com/

Carol - I'm so sorry about your back!! UGH. I am feeling like I just need to get back to some basics before I do anything else. I definitely need to work on mobility - so maybe CS....I have considered for some time the CocoLime workouts and the program - it is $99 now. I feel like a hot mess mentally and physically right now....ugh.

Cheri - I agree, it is worth the $$ if you use it - I may subscribe for a month or so....on the fence.

Christine - for me it may be the walking in place - whenever Leslie walks in place I try to go back and forth or walk in circles. Even though they title these workouts "walking" they really aren't walking workouts - they are low impact aerobics. Real walking propels you forward and you use your glutes more and stretch your hip flexors, the walking in place just tightens the hip flexors, I think. But, I still like doing those workouts!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 09:01 AM  
furmomof6

Good morning,

Walk
TBL Day 5: Total Body Tone

I cancelled my PBL subscription. We were having credit card issues (not because of her site), and I just don't like not having access to that information. I really wish there was an account page where you could see your credit card info, along with being able to change your subscription. I can't say I won't ever re-join , but I'm not for now.

Donna, thanks for mentioning that site! I'll take a look. That could be it about the walking workouts with me too. I always blamed the side to side motion, but maybe it's just the marching in place. I hope you enjoy your long weekend.

Carol, I tend to tweak my back with Jessica's workouts for some reason. I'm sorry you hurt yours! I hope it feels better soon. I know having back pain affects everything.

Cheri, thanks! You're right, it's worth it if you use it. I guess I have some time to think about it.

Cheryl, thanks!

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 10:31 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
Thursday: JS Walk On #2, 3 Mile premix, 55 min. total

Cheryl, allergies! Of course! [slapping forehead]
do we have 2 Cheryl's.. this Cheryl does not understand this reply

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 10:41 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
do we have 2 Cheryl's.. this Cheryl does not understand this reply
Oops! I meant Christine. Have you noticed that we all (almost all?) have names that start with B, C, or D? Sometimes I get the names mixed up.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 10:55 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

oooooohhhhh. and then.... there is Linda

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-08-19, 10:57 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
oooooohhhhh. and then.... there is Linda
Yes! And L. It used to be all B, C, and D names. LOL

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 12:17 PM  
cherimac

Cheryl~I am a Cheryl but no one calls me that. It was my "you're in trouble name." I go by Cheri (pronounced Sherry).

TBL Pilates With a Purpose Day 5: Total Body Tone. I am glad to be off today and on Sunday. Then another full-week and a weekend off. After that, the holidays are here and I will be working like a dog, haha.

Happy Friday
Old 11-08-19, 01:36 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

oh yes, we talked about our name before. that rings a bell.

I did basic upper body on Lighter Living with reformer.

found it challenging. but that's to be expected when you first do a new form of exercise.

I did them all again with yellow cord, that's the lightest in terms of weight or resistance.

I grimac each time I pull on those ropes. Grrrrrrrrrrimmmmmaaaaace.. lol

Sill got love for it.

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-08-19, 07:03 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Carol - I'm so sorry about your back!! UGH. I am feeling like I just need to get back to some basics before I do anything else. I definitely need to work on mobility - so maybe CS....I have considered for some time the CocoLime workouts and the program - it is $99 now. I feel like a hot mess mentally and physically right now....ugh.

Donna
Donna Have you done either of the other two CocoLime programs? I bought both of them last year, but haven't done either one. I think I will start there, but still mix in Bar Method as I feel like it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 09:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

CocoLime Fitness - Deep Stretch - 25 minutes & Stretch for Tight Hips, Sciatica & Low Back Pain - 15 minutes

These were both nice stretches, especially the first one. I do feel better today and should be back to Bar Method this afternoon.

Cheryl - yes, I'm sure that that is challenging and will continuing to be that way for a while.

Cheri - the fast train to Christmas is almost here. At least, that's what it feels like to me working in a school. I can't imagine how much crazier it would feel working in retail.

Brenda - LOL - I hadn't really thought about the B, C and D names. It's a good thing Linda is an L and not another C. My brain would probably be seriously overloaded.

Christine - I agree about PBL's site. I much prefer sites where I can see which credit card is being using and just click a button to pause or cancel my subscription. PBL's site could use a little updating in that respect. On a happier note, I saw on Facebook where Lisa of PBL is pregnant. She posted an absolutely beautiful pregnancy photo of she and Tim.

Donna - nice find! Another nice streaming site is Yoopod -https://www.yoopod.com/purchase-license/monthly. It has both yoga and pilates with prices ranging from about $8.50 a month and up (depending on whether you do the annual rate or the monthly rate and how much content you opt to subscribe to). I've done this one in years past and it's pretty nice.

Happy Saturday all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote