Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-19, 04:59 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

JS Walk On Schedule #1, Strength Interval Walk

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 06:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good job ladies! Nice workouts, all of you.

BrendaI printed Jessica's Holiday rotation as well. I'm thinking about mixing it with Bar Method streaming. I like that it only gives 4 workouts per week.

Cheryl - Congrats on your reformer purchase! I would love to have one if I had enough room in my home.

Christine, Cheri & Donna - So glad you are enjoying Robin's challenge.

Wednesday's workout was

Bar Method - Focus on Breath - 42 minutes
This is one of the newer beginner level Bar Method workouts. Although it's beginner level, it's still plenty challenging for me. Lots of stretching included.

We're having another roller coaster weather day - it was 72 and sunny yesterday; today it will be 32 for a high with freezing rain, sleet and snow (although not very much).

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 09:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

this morning was:

Mile # 4 from Leslie's Mile in the Morning DVD - this was ab focused.
Robin's Challenge Day # 4

Carol - I saw Jessica's new challenge, too. It looks good, I'm just not sure I'm ready mentally or physically for it. I like that there are only five scheduled workouts a week and a choice each day about what to do. I also saw that Leslie has a 21 day challenge - walk, walk, walk. I wouldn't mind doing Leslie's but I'm afraid that all that walking is going to wreak havoc on my lower back and hips. But I find it mentally soothing. I may end up doing my own thing which is probably going to look like Pilates-CS-Walking. But we shall see. i feel I need to add some CS in to unlock my hips....and Pilates to stabilize them and walking for my heart.

We are supposed to get cold here, highs only in the 40's for a few days. it is too early for that. But at least we don't have the rollercoaster you have.

Waves, everyone.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 03:33 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Cheryl - Congrats on your reformer purchase! I would love to have one if I had enough room in my home.

Carol

Carol

they have at least 3 different kinds of equiment to mimic a reformer.. Have you looked into any or the pilates chair ?

another good day on the reformer.. Did lower body work and it had some new moves. I liked it. Got it from Lighter living. I'll be camped around this for awhile.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 03:35 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

We're having another roller coaster weather day - it was 72 and sunny yesterday; today it will be 32 for a high with freezing rain, sleet and snow (although not very much).

yea sounds like New England to me.. No wonder people over here are probably on more meds then other parts of the world that don't have changing seasons. Wonder if they ever did a study on that. See which states have the most people on some kind of help aid.

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-07-19, 04:29 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: Pilates for the Soul (DVD)
TBL Day 4: Stretch & Tension Relief

I liked the DVD workout, but I would not recommend it for beginners. It was fast paced with a voice over, and not much instruction. It ran around 20 minutes.

Donna, I'm the same way with walking workouts. I like them, but I end up with bad muscle pain in the hip area. For some reason that doesn't happen when I walk outside. I think it's all the side to side motions.

Carol, wow your weather sure is crazy! We've had some wacky weather lately too, but not as bad as that.

Cheryl, yes some days it's hard to get on the mat, but I agree that I always feel better when I'm finished!

Brenda, I think Cheri meant allergies. Good job on your workouts!

Cheri, do you think Robin will open up membership to TBL after this challenge? I don't normally click with her workouts much, but I'm really liking these. Now I'm tempted again, ugh!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 08:45 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Thursday: JS Walk On #2, 3 Mile premix, 55 min. total

Cheryl, allergies! Of course! [slapping forehead]

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 10:17 PM  
cherimac

I did TBL Day 4: Stretch and Tension Relief

Christine-I bet Robin reopens. I decided that it’s worth the money if I use it. I know what you mean about the price. Robin did introduce an app to use with the Sisterhood and I think it makes things super easy.
Old 11-08-19, 07:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I did

Jessica Smith - Total Body Focus - 35 minutes

and shouldn't have because I must have hurt my back in the process. It started hurting after I was finished, continued through the night, making it hard to sleep, and is still hurting this morning. Sigh. What's the point?

To all who were wondering, I'm pretty sure Robin will reopen her membership - she usually does that after one of her challenges.

Cheryl - I do have a Supreme Tower, or whatever it is called. I don't really have room for it - just not enough open floor space in my down-sized home.

Brenda - Good job with Jessica!

Donna - I had dreams of alternating Jessica's new challenge with Bar Method, but after yesterday's disaster (even with no weight lighter than 4 pounds), I probably won't. Maybe I need to do the CocoLime workouts.

The roller coaster is headed back up - 60's today and 70's tomorrow (after low 30's yesterday).

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 08:18 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I did TBL Day 4: Stretch and Tension Relief

Christine-I bet Robin reopens. I decided that it’s worth the money if I use it. I know what you mean about the price. Robin did introduce an app to use with the Sisterhood and I think it makes things super easy.
She is. It was on Instagram

~~~Cheryl