Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-13, 10:11 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
It seems as though people are using the in different ways. Here's the thread on it:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=189010
Thanks!
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 12:19 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I did 3 DB workouts last week; Barre, Bootcamp, and Tabata. Nothing else, as I didn't have time. On top of that my eating was awful cuz I'm PMS'ing. I got on the scale yesterday and was shocked that I lost a pound. Usually during TTOM I gain about 3 lbs!

I agree that these workouts are shocking my system. I've never done anything like them. It's funny, because when I am doing one I can't wait for it to be over. Once I'm done though I can't wait to do another one. Weird!

Today I pulled out Cathe's Drill Max and it seemed easy to me. The stability ball segment used to make my arms scream, but today I didn't even feel it.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 06:33 PM  
moonbeam31

is there an actual reccomended rotation by Darby for these-just do them in order Mon-Fri, rest for 2 days?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 08:11 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
is there an actual reccomended rotation by Darby for these-just do them in order Mon-Fri, rest for 2 days?
I think just do them in order. I think whatever rest days you need, is up to you.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 08:15 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
From what I've read on her FB page, she said to do them in order. I read here that she also said to have a cardio day in between each one.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 08:28 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Quick Question- I am getting these and was wondering what size stability ball is used in the Fusion & Fusion Mix workouts-is it a 65" ball? Thanks! I really love that there is a modifier for each workout too!
I'm 5'6 1/2" and use a 65 cm ball if that's helpful. It's perfect -- not too large/small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Holli,

4lbs? That's great! Congratulations!!! I'm glad that you're enjoying these workouts and getting good results from them. They are great workouts!
Thank you! Yes, I was very surprised by the 4 lbs. Completely unexpected. I have no idea what about these workouts crushes the calories. I do TA and barre -- pretty intense barre -- so, I didn't think I'd see that much of a difference. Maybe it's the constant movement combined with the intensity. Who knows?! But, I'm definitely enjoying both the workout and results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
So I'm a little late to the party. Can someone tell me how exactly you're using these( or direct me to the thread) Are you using toning in between them or cardio? How many days per week. Thanks!
I have only recently added these workouts to my regimen 2x/week. I only own the original Dream Body workout which I do 1x/week and pay for one of their streaming videos online 1x/week. I do TA 3x/week and barre 1x/week. Well, that's what I did last week. I will probably keep this up for a while. Eventually, I will graduate to the new set that just came out. I have no idea how that will work in my schedule since I really enjoy my TA/barre combo.

Good luck to you -- I really think starting with the original Dream Body is a good entry into this style.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 08:34 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
I did 3 DB workouts last week; Barre, Bootcamp, and Tabata. Nothing else, as I didn't have time. On top of that my eating was awful cuz I'm PMS'ing. I got on the scale yesterday and was shocked that I lost a pound. Usually during TTOM I gain about 3 lbs!

I agree that these workouts are shocking my system. I've never done anything like them. It's funny, because when I am doing one I can't wait for it to be over. Once I'm done though I can't wait to do another one. Weird!

Today I pulled out Cathe's Drill Max and it seemed easy to me. The stability ball segment used to make my arms scream, but today I didn't even feel it.
That is awesome! I was shocked by the weight loss as well. They're definitely on to some sort of formula and it's working. So, I'm in! It'll be interesting to see what result I get this week.

I find that I'm begging myself to get through the first 18 minutes of DB. For a minute, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to make it. But, they do a nice job of hard/harder/hardest sequencing. Immediately after I was done, I couldn't wait to do the DVD again. It's my Friday workout. So, I have some time. Again, congratulations on your results!
Old 02-10-13, 08:37 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post

Congrats!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-13, 11:16 PM  
holliholli915

Anyone find that you are exhausted after these DB workouts? I just did Fusion Mix online this evening. O-M-G. Someone posted that it's easier than the original DB. Not! It was very tough getting through that DVD and I definitely used a few of the modifications. But, I LOVE these workouts. I've done three so far and have not been disappointed!

But, I find that a couple of hours after I finish working out with these workouts, I need to sleep! I mean, I can barely keep my eyes open. Anyone else find this to be true for them?

Tags
barre, dream body