Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you more tired lately?
I'm not especially tired lately. 21 16.80%
I'm a bit tired lately. 36 28.80%
I'm very tired lately. 39 31.20%
I'm really, really tired most of the time! 29 23.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-20, 03:51 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I think I'm more soul/mental weary than anything else. The pandemic, virtual school, and the various hard stuff our family has been through this summer are just wearing on me.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 11:57 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I think I'm more soul/mental weary than anything else. The pandemic, virtual school, and the various hard stuff our family has been through this summer are just wearing on me.
Yes. I was doing ok for a while because work was so busy and I stupidly expected people to be rational about staying home, masks, distancing, etc. but then the hits kept coming and just in the past 2 weeks with the fires and smoke around here and in Oregon where most of my family lives have really worn me out. Brain fog sets in earlier in the day and earlier in the week. Thank goodness our air has been clear the past couple of days because just being able to open windows makes all the difference!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 01:45 PM  
rhbrand

I've been more tired lately. Pretty much all summer.

Then a couple weeks ago, I made the decision to greatly cut back on the amount of news I watch and read.

Been less tired due to the cut back of the bad news I've been exposed from.
Old 09-18-20, 03:51 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I've been more tired lately. Pretty much all summer.

Then a couple weeks ago, I made the decision to greatly cut back on the amount of news I watch and read.

Been less tired due to the cut back of the bad news I've been exposed from.
I’ve done the same and it really helps a lot.

Now my mother calls me every night to report on all the terrible news she watches all day long...I constantly have to remind her that I don’t want to hear it. If I wanted to hear it I would watch it myself. She lives alone and misses her friends from the senior center terribly since it closed due to Covid in March. Now she pretty much watches TV and talks on the phone all day. It’s depressing.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 04:45 PM  
alisoncooks

These past few weeks I've been exhausted. I'm tossing and turning all night, and I'm dragging myself out of bed in the mornings. I'm hoping the shift to more fall-like temps will refresh me.

I've also noticed low-grade anxiety, like butterflies in my stomach or an elevated heart rate. I'm getting rattled over little things, which is interesting because I'm fairly chill most of the time.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 07:15 PM  
DCW

I have been feeling it too. I figure everyone is feeling it in some fashion. I am dreading the longer nights which I normally don't like already.

Working on a Plan B to cope with shorter days.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 01:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I don't know about you, but the "new normal" has left me mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. I'm tired!
Definition of tired
1 : drained of strength and energy : fatigued often to the point of exhaustion
The fireworks and gunshots at night from some of our knucklehead neighbors doesn't help. My sleep isn't great during the best of times.
The past few months, I really have to force myself to work out.
If this is going to be the "new normal" indefinitely, I'm going to have to figure out some better motivation!!
Are you tired?
LOLOLOL! I thought I was tired in June! We have a wildfire less than 10 miles from our home and are ready to bug out at a moment's notice. My phone has emergency alerts going off at night for different areas to GET OUT NOW.

Plus, there was an earthquake last night.

Hey now, call me tired!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 01:40 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
LOLOLOL! I thought I was tired in June! We have a wildfire less than 10 miles from our home and are ready to bug out at a moment's notice. My phone has emergency alerts going off at night for different areas to GET OUT NOW.

Plus, there was an earthquake last night.

Hey now, call me tired!!!

I'm sorry about all the stress, Alta.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 09:47 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I’m wiped out. As someone said to me recently, “We are living in historic times” and all the drama doesn’t jibe with my personality. I much prefer calm, peaceful, and boring even under the best of circumstances.

Now my employer has instituted a major organizational shake-up that will result in jobs/compensation gained/lost, schedules radically altered, and heaven knows what else. This after spending the last 6 months on the frontlines as so-called essential workers exposed to the public, many of whom won’t conform to COVID prevention measures, and getting crap compensation for it.

Maybe if I was younger and could get a decent night’s sleep I would feel less stressed and frustrated.

So, yeah, I’m tired.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 09:50 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Sorry, not to imply that my troubles in any way compare to what some of you are experiencing with the wildfires in the West.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, fatigue, fireworks, new normal, sleep, stress