Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you more tired lately?
I'm not especially tired lately. 21 16.80%
I'm a bit tired lately. 36 28.80%
I'm very tired lately. 39 31.20%
I'm really, really tired most of the time! 29 23.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-20, 04:39 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I'm tired. Mostly of talking about the pandemic and the "new normal". Seriously, very sick of it all.

I feel really bad for my kids, too. They aren't sleeping well and dealing with anxiety.

Ugh.
Me as well. I have refused to watch tv or the news because it is so depressing. And I am also so sick of it all. I am trying to stay active and busy but I feel so out of sorts. I do not have motivation to try new things or tackle big projects. It's summer and I feel I should be happy.
Old 06-25-20, 05:09 PM  
tamib

I always have trouble sleeping, all the pandemic, and political stuff worries me all the time and work is super busy. Lots of sick friends and 4 of my cats died this year. My 60th birthday is Sat. and my family was planning a picnic, I told them to cancel it. But no fireworks yet!

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 05:09 PM  
Daffie

Compared to 2 years ago I'm not tired. But, I'm tired. I found out 2 years ago I have Epstein-Barr. I was exhausted and had been off/on for 10 years. My sis died the week after I found out why I was so tired. I also ended up in the hospital 2 weeks later with heart issue and had procedure a few months later. With my sister's death there was family drama and care needed for my mom. Physically I am MUCH better but not sleeping well, family responsibility, stress of the world my emotional energy is very low! That greatly affects my motivation for exercise and other things. I get bursts of motivation and energy. I KNOW when I put in more effort with exercise I feel better. But, the other days I just stroll along on my treadmill.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 06:06 PM  
DCW

Sleep has become a problem for the last 15 years. I have found coping tools. Add on the last few months events, death, illness, stress, work,... Sleep is a daily goal and hard to get.

I have been walking a lot. I make sure I watch an hour of tv comedies or watch comedians on YouTube before bedtime. Walking and laughing is my nighttime routine. It gets my mind relaxed so I can sleep better.

So many people are struggling financially, mentally, and/or physically.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 06:28 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm not only more tired lately, but I am getting more hostile towards people, things, politics, weather, high grocery prices and everything else in-between.

Today I went to Walmart at 11 am and was using the self check out. I was making sure I got my receipt and everything was loaded into my cart when I felt this woman's breath literally on the back of my neck. I told her to back off and she unwisely told me that I should hurry up and leave immediately when I was done. Wrong thing to say at the very wrong time. My reaction to her actually surprised me because I'm not normally an aggressive person. I literally ripped her a new one! The same thing happened (also at Walmart) to my husband at self check out when a man literally climbed on his back to get to the 99 cents bag of chips! That didn't end well either. UGH.

Speaking of firecrackers/fireworks.....some jackasses in my neigborhood have been shooting them EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for hours on end since the end of May. It's 6:25 pm, full sunshine, and they've already started. WTH?

Yeah, I'm very tired and very angry. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-25-20, 06:41 PM  
Gams

I hate 4th of July because of fireworks. I wish they would make private fireworks illegal. I know of several people whose homes have burned down because of fireworks and also several close calls. (One year my dad was at his cabin and the neighbors shot off some kind of firework that didn’t go just right and it flew into the side of my Dad’s propane tank. That could have been a real disaster.)
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 08:00 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I hate 4th of July because of fireworks. I wish they would make private fireworks illegal. I know of several people whose homes have burned down because of fireworks and also several close calls. (One year my dad was at his cabin and the neighbors shot off some kind of firework that didn’t go just right and it flew into the side of my Dad’s propane tank. That could have been a real disaster.)
Ya, I hate them too. I mean, it’s 2020. Hasn’t firework technology advanced to like, firework laser shows or something? They cause injuries, fires, and it scares all the animals and people with PTSD. The only people who seem to enjoy fireworks are boys under 18 and drunken a-holes. I don’t see a lot of females being into the whole fireworks thing.

I was meditating at the time that damn morning firework went off. I would have been way more pissed off if I had been sleeping lol.
Old 06-25-20, 09:26 PM  
Karla25

I feel pretty good for the most part. I started incorporating more relaxation type workouts such as Maya Fiennes Kundalini Yoga to Detox/Destress, Udaya beginner workouts and yoga nidra. Lee Holden also has some good workouts on YouTube. I always feel fantastic afterwards -relaxed yet invigorated.

I think is just as important to do workouts that rejuvenate the soul as it is to strengthen the body. It makes a difference in one’s outlook and energy level.
Old 06-25-20, 09:36 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I think is just as important to do workouts that rejuvenate the soul as it is to strengthen the body. It makes a difference in one’s outlook and energy level.
I absolutely agree! The past couple of months I have spent jogging on my rebounder to Virtual Active videos (the combination I find incredibly calming to my nervous system!) and doing yoga and a little Classical Stretch. I have been low energy due to stress and I find these calming both physically and mentally. And I can’t mentally handle other workouts right now.
Old 06-25-20, 11:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I hate 4th of July because of fireworks.
I'm SO with you!

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, fatigue, fireworks, new normal, sleep, stress