Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-20, 07:18 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh gals, you are all giving me wonderful cooking ideas which I need because apparently, we have more goodies coming, more garden fresh tomatoes and a few different types of squash!! Mmmmmmm!

Horusosiris, I was so hoping you'd review the newest Live PHA, yay!! I'm wanting to try it so badly but I had planned to do her Live Lift It Hiit It Legs today since I love the RWH one by the same name so much and this is reviewed as being very similar. Decisions, decisions!!!

Okay, but I ended up doing LIHI Legs Live and went heavier on everything and got a fantastic workout in a short amount of time. I'm already sore!!

Let us know how the sauce goes. I can't live without my slow cooker and my Dutch oven!

I have to keep this super short, gals, because I keep getting an error when I try to post. I have more to say, wah!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 06:36 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post

Lavna- what do you enjoy most about living in Canada?
That was a good question and I had to give it a little thought. These days, what I enjoy the most about living here is the feeling of safety. Almost nothing ever happens here (not counting Covid of course): no wars, no hurricanes, low crime rate, our houses are built for our climate, food and water is available, when you're in the health system, you get good care, equality between men and women is important, etc. Of course, for every of those things, there are negatives, the extremes of our climate, the wait in the health system, are examples, but overall, we have a good quality of life here. Quebec city where I live is a good town-size: big enough to have the major stores and services but small enough that it's easy to go from one point to another (outside of rush hour, which is not all day!).

Wow! Good question. Thank you for it horusosiris. In these hard times, it was good to remember what I like about living here. It reminds me how useful it is to do that from time to time.

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 11:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Watulans! How is our Watula? Better, I hope!!

lavna, thanks for taking the time to think about it. I started wondering if part of the reason I want to move is that I'm so tired of being stuck at home. We really don't go out much. That said, we have a fantastic place with plenty of outdoor space to safely enjoy, so I'm in a much better situation than a lot of people, but.... I think I'm still beginning to go a bit stir crazy. I really love where I live, but the fires are scary. Don't know what to do.....

Ok ladies..... I really loved Imax 4!!! That tells you where I am with cardio. It was perfect for me. The combos were easy to follow (there was one that was a little tricky for me) and the blasts were fine -- not super challenging. I was not a dripping sweaty mess at the end, but certainly sweaty. That may be my new favorite Cathe cardio.

Ooooh, I saw the Perfect 30 clip that's up -- looks good!! I'm glad they have a view out the "windows" -- I was afraid with covid it might be the plain windows again. Silly, I know.
Old 09-18-20, 11:47 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Forgot to say I did the chair stretch after and at first I thought it was going to be a waste of time, but I eventually got into it -- both the mellow vibe and the stretches started to feel better. At first it seemed like I wasn't going to get any kind of stretch. I like the other extended stretch better (on PHA) but this was alright. In case anyone is wondering!
Old 09-18-20, 11:54 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Happy Friday, Watulans! How is our Watula? Better, I hope!!

lavna, thanks for taking the time to think about it. I started wondering if part of the reason I want to move is that I'm so tired of being stuck at home. We really don't go out much. That said, we have a fantastic place with plenty of outdoor space to safely enjoy, so I'm in a much better situation than a lot of people, but.... I think I'm still beginning to go a bit stir crazy. I really love where I live, but the fires are scary. Don't know what to do.....

Ok ladies..... I really loved Imax 4!!! That tells you where I am with cardio. It was perfect for me. The combos were easy to follow (there was one that was a little tricky for me) and the blasts were fine -- not super challenging. I was not a dripping sweaty mess at the end, but certainly sweaty. That may be my new favorite Cathe cardio.

Ooooh, I saw the Perfect 30 clip that's up -- looks good!! I'm glad they have a view out the "windows" -- I was afraid with covid it might be the plain windows again. Silly, I know.

I had a feeling you were going to like it!!!! I love it too! Did you try the abs? I really feel those planks!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 12:02 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Friday to All!

I enjoyed the clips of Perfect 30. Hopefully we will have the workouts soon.

Today I did Cathe Live 211 - KickBox BootCamp- It was an express, five round workout. Each round consisted of cardio, legs, upper body and core. It was a decent, sweaty workout and it is over in 38 minutes. I looked at my notes and this is the second time I have done this workout. I have in in my express "go to" list. I lost my complete Cathe Live Compendium when my hard drive died. I am going to rely on 'fitnessmystyle' to try to reconstruct parts of my compendium.

Lavna- Thanks for your reply. Quebec seems like such a beautiful place to live and when you love and enjoy where you live that is indeed blessing.

Bee- Glad you like Imax4. It is the most accessible of all of Cathe's Imax workouts. I hear you and concur that being at home can get to you after a while. I am a homebody but sometimes I have had enough. DH and I have been trying to figure out where we want to live.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi guys,

Sad news. Little Miss Watula passed yesterday. I can't really post about it as DH and I are just heartbroken and cry every time we write or talk about it. She declined very suddenly and had a long and fierce life, but I would have loved to have her healthy and happy for much longer. I really appreciate all your kind words and support. She was one of a kind for sure.

I have been working out since it gets my mind off my grief and sadness. I finished the Strong and Sweaty series and started with FitSplit. Today I did the premix with double kickbox plus the legs and glutes section. I also tossed in Marcus Irwin 4 x 4 Step which I just recently got. Really like Marcus and enjoyed it a lot.

I've been keeping up with the posts but responding is just tough right now. We lost a lot of sleep this week caring for Watula and worrying and I'm just exhausted. I will catch up soon. Thanks again to all for your care and concern!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 05:10 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict—-I’m so sorry. Exercise always helped me with my grief. Hugs to you and your husband.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 06:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

cataddict I'm so sorry! How blessed Watula was to have you help her leave this life so loved!
Hugs!!! (っ´・_・)っ

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 08:21 PM  
Mickey12

Goodbye sweet Watula. So, so sad right now.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in