Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-04-20, 09:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I just have to pop into this thread to say that your title made me crack up! In fact, I often see the titles for this thread and smile - Laura, are you the one who does them.

I may be joining you all before long - at 52, moving towards menopause, and also moving towards being one of the more veteran VF members, my cronie qualifications are growing!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 09:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, putzing around the house and garden, and watching some videos. It'll be a warm for December day in the 40s!

Paula, yay on getting your haircut! Sounds like things will be lots more restricted in the next several months to try to control the Covid. My cards are in the mail! I take care of songbirds in my back yard, but am not feeding them right now when the ground is fully exposed - when it snows I put out seed for them. At the WRC, I do songbirds also - some are in individual containers (mesh sided container), others in open flying runs, depending on their physical treatment and medication needs when they come in to the WRC. They eat well there with seed mixes, sprays of seeds, bugs (crickets, mealworms, earthworms), fruit, moist dog chow, and suets - all depending on the species. Much better than what I can feed them in my back yard! Lots of poop cleanup there also!

Toaster, we'd love to have you join us!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 09:35 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anita, I've been historically bad at trying to manage more than one checkin - although many from my other checkin would likely qualify as cronies too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 01:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a lazy day so far. I made some Christmas cards - some came out better than others - and I got in some cardio before lunch. I have a training session in a few minutes on how to set up an Excel file for printing. I hope to get outside for a walk after that. It looks like a bright sunny day. It's cool in the low 50s.

Beth - We'd love to have you join us. We're pretty easy going on the cronie credentials and let people self-certify. Yeah, I'm the one who comes up with a lot of the themes, although Anita does her part as well. We start the new thread each Sunday morning, so look for a new one tomorrow.

Anita - Congrats on getting your cards out. That's one of our next big projects along with wrapping presents.

Paula - It's good you got the haircut. It does feel good. Yeah, I understood that your husband doesn't have much left. However, it wouldn't matter to my DH. He would still be too picky to let me do it...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 09:53 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Kassandra Day 5 followed by Pahla B, Body Shaping Day 27 Moderate Cardio Toning. We did go flying today, it was a nice day for it.

Beth (Toaster) welcome. If you've been lurking for a while you probably know all of us. I see you live near Rochester, I grew up near there in Williamson. Haven't lived there for many years but still have family in Webster.

Anita, Yeah working at the WRC must consist of poop cleanup for all manner of critters. Yes, restrictions are getting stiffer here. I guess the hair salons and nail salons will be closed as of tomorrow, glad I got a haircut yesterday. The new restrictions are supposed be effect for 3 weeks, I hope we can flatten the curve enough that some things can reopen after that. My county is having a rise in cases, my city isn't doing bad, but all around us things are getting worse.

Laura, Good work making your own Christmas cards. Frankly I sent ecards to most of the people on my list. I haven't started addressing the "real" cards I need to send. I'm like your DH I wouldn't let DH cut my hair if I only had two hairs on my head. I've let him trim my hair twice in our many years together and the result was awful, so never again. He says he'd do a better job now, he means well, but no - just no, not going to let him get near my hear with a scissors.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote