Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-20, 01:18 AM  
Leonana

I haven't done as many workouts this week because I strained my neck and shoulders. I think it was the Exhale Fusion dvd that I picked up from Goodwill that is the culprit. Back to Goodwill it went! I also think it has to do with tensing my shoulders and not sitting properly, hunched over my phone. It's feeling better each day, but still sore.

I did Jessica Smith's You Tube 30 Minute Standing Strength workout yesterday. It's prenatal approved, so it was slow enough for my sore neck. I did google it, and the recommendations are to still exercise, to keep it limber, but don't over do it.
Old 12-03-20, 08:03 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:14 PM  
Leonana

Thanks Mell. It is getting better thankfully.
Old 12-04-20, 12:11 AM  
Vantreesta

Thu 12/3 0 minutes
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong Challenge day 12) R-AM 1st time
30 minutes (from Rowvember day 2) R-AM
35 minutes (from XTrain Hard Strikes premix 16 Timesaver no conditioning) R-AM
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 11:37 PM  
Vantreesta

I bailed on my workouts today. I'm just in a funk. My moms both loved Christmas and I'm just having a hard time without them here. I've been trying to put up decorations and I realized today I just don't have the heart to go all out like usual so I'm keeping it more simple. I need hubby to help me move the couch down more so I can put up the tree and decorate it tmrw and that's gonna be about it. But first things first in the morning, gotta workout. We don't do as long of walks on the wknds bc more dogs are out so I should be able to get started earlier.

Very thankful to report my aunt was able to go home today! She will be on oxygen for now but i'm.just so glad she's doing better. Thanks for everyone's concern and prayers.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-05-20, 02:32 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 03:15 PM  
Vantreesta

That's great news, Mell! Happy dance! Your daughter must be excited too. Yes, this is the first year without my moms and frankly it sucks. I considered not decorating but since I always do I was afraid skipping it completely would be even more depressing.

Sherry, I hope your neck and shoulders are feeling better.

MT, your scolding Santa made me laugh.

Katie, good idea reevaluating your exercises to choose the most effective for you.

I unwillingly did around 4-5 hours of digital decluttering the last two days as my phone had decided it didn't have enough free space for apps to work correctly. Thank the Lord for my brother's help bc honestly I was freaking out and super stressed that I was going to lose everything. I've also had a bad headache the last two days (possibly related?) and think I'm skipping workouts today. Hubby is working again so I'm puttering around doing little things. We're getting Mexican food for supper and I cannot wait. I will try really hard to ignore the voice that keeps reminding me I'm at my highest weight ever. Next week I'm making lefse so I need to scale back the workouts to just the Cathe rotation or I'll be stressed and berating myself for not getting it all done!

Old 12-05-20, 04:44 PM  
Leonana

I tried a new instructor on you tube, Justina Ercole. Someone mentioned her in GD. She has some good tips videos and reviews of other you tube channels and streaming. I did Functional Full Body at Home Workout. I liked it. It seemed more upper body focused, but I did feel it in my glutes and the front of my thighs. It gave me lots of DOMS in my triceps and chest, and I felt it was an excellent workout for those areas. It was a slower moving heavy weights workout. She recommends 8-10, 12-15, 18-25, and she uses 10, 15 and 25. I used 6, 8 and 10's, lol. But I think I could do 8, 10 and 12's, once I get some 12's. More dumbbells to buy! I would do more of her workouts, but she doesn't have much on you tube, and promotes her live workouts. I'm not that interested in lives.

Vannie, I'm glad your aunt is better. Sending hugs your way.

Mell, that's wonderful your test was negative.

MT, I hope your Santa is behaving now, lol. Our weather here is highs in the high 60's to low 70's, and lows in the 40's. But we're all complaining about the cold now, lol.

Katie, good job organizing. I hope the new you tube channel works out for you.
Old 12-06-20, 03:33 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Our weather continues to be amazing! Continuing to walk and view youtube clips. Guerilla Zen Fitness is back from a long break which I can only guess is COVID related to his gym. He has great tutorials. Mell, I had not heard of Hameline Cardiotone and checked it out. The main workouts are too long for me but the preview is a great warm up so I book marked it to do once in a while.

Mell, so glad to hear that your last test for COVID was negative! Vannie, great that your Aunt is out of the hospital. I hope her recovery speeds up at home. My mom has been in the hospital the last few days. Hopefully she will be released today. She is 93. Thus far they determined dehydration, muscle weakness and low BP. She will have physical therapy at home 3 to 4 days a week along with some other recommendations. Thankfully my sister lives 2 doors away.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 04:54 PM  
MathTeacher

Mell, I am glad your test was negative. I am so happy for you and your daughter.

Vannie, I am glad your aunt is better. I remember that first Christmas after my mom died was really tough. I stood in Wal-mart and cried looking for a proper Christmas card to send. Decorating helped lift my spirits.

Katie, Keep us posted on how your mom is doing. I am glad your sister lives close to her.

Sherry, I have been doing some Jessica Smith YouTube exercises. Good stuff out there. I hope you back is better.

Our weather has been good. It is in the 30's in the morning and upper 50's low 60's in the afternoon. Santa and Frosty have been behaving themselves.

Oh! And I am down 18 pounds since July.