Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-20, 01:17 PM  
bubbles76

Green Tea - any suggestions?

I heard on Joanna Soh's channel that green tea helps with bloating. Does anyone have a particular toe or brand of green tea that they like? I am looking for actHal tea, not Greek tea flavored drinks. My plan is to drink a cup a day to start. I know I drink too much sugar I'm my tea so I am asp hoping to transition to drinking unsweetened tea a day, at least one cup. Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 01:19 PM  
sherry7899

Do you have Wegmans near you? They have two or three types of their own brand of green tea for cheap. One is jasmine. I cannot remember the others. Trader Joe's does also. I love their seasonal candy cane green tea.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 01:27 PM  
DD546

For just plain green tea, I like the Newman's Own Organic Green Tea.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 01:50 PM  
BunnyHop

I've had to give up caffeine in all its forms, so I haven't tried it in a long time, but I used to like the Salada one.

If anyone else is in the same no-caffeine mode, I've been enjoying both fennel and peppermint herbal teas, just the plain herb, not a blend. My sensitive belly seems to like them both.
Old 11-11-20, 02:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I prefer loose tea to tea bags, find it more flavourful. I tend to buy my teas from local tea shops. We have some good ones. Here is an article about the differences between bags & loose tea.
https://teasparrow.com/blog/tea-bags-vs-loose-leaf/

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 03:55 PM  
manleym

I drink ALOT of green tea. I switched years ago when I weaned myself off of caffeine. I drink Aldi's green tea every day. The brand is Benner. They regularly carry plain green tea and lemon green tea. I drink the lemon green tea in the morning (with lemon) and the plain green tea during the day.

They also carry a few speciality green teas, but not year-round. I saw them last Saturday so I always stock up when they're available. They have Benner Mint Green Tea (Ingredients: green tea, spearmint, lemon grass, peppermint); Benner Ginger Green Tea (Ingredients: Ginger root, green tea, lemon grass, spearmint); and my favorite, Benner Pomegranate Blueberry Acai Green Tea (Ingredients: Green tea, hibiscus, orange peels, natural flavors, dried pomegranate, dried blueberry, dried acai).

I stopped adding sugar to my tea even before switching to green tea. Once your body adjusts, you will spit sweet tea across the room, it will taste so sweet. But it is an adjustment so hopefully the flavored teas will help with the flavor as you transition to drinking unsweetened tea. Or you might try transitioning to honey first, and then no sugar. HTH!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 04:19 PM  
Hsim

I actually brew Twinings Decaf green tea then put it in a pitcher in the refrigerator. I find it refreshing to sip on during the day. Sometimes I squeeze a little lemon.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 04:23 PM  
gladgirl

I enjoy green tea, too.
I really like Prince of Peace green tea.
I heard a couple of things about green tea, which, at first I did not enjoy because it tasted bitter. One make sure your tea is organic. One is do not squeez your tea bag and two do not let it brew longer than stated on box/bag.

Hope you find one or two or three you really enjoy!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 04:24 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I drink ALOT of green tea. I switched years ago when I weaned myself off of caffeine. I drink Aldi's green tea every day. The brand is Benner. They regularly carry plain green tea and lemon green tea. I drink the lemon green tea in the morning (with lemon) and the plain green tea during the day.

They also carry a few speciality green teas, but not year-round. I saw them last Saturday so I always stock up when they're available. They have Benner Mint Green Tea (Ingredients: green tea, spearmint, lemon grass, peppermint); Benner Ginger Green Tea (Ingredients: Ginger root, green tea, lemon grass, spearmint); and my favorite, Benner Pomegranate Blueberry Acai Green Tea (Ingredients: Green tea, hibiscus, orange peels, natural flavors, dried pomegranate, dried blueberry, dried acai).

I stopped adding sugar to my tea even before switching to green tea. Once your body adjusts, you will spit sweet tea across the room, it will taste so sweet. But it is an adjustment so hopefully the flavored teas will help with the flavor as you transition to drinking unsweetened tea. Or you might try transitioning to honey first, and then no sugar. HTH!
Aldi will have the seasonal peppermint green tea next week.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 04:48 PM  
Karla25

I like Yogi Green Tea Super Antioxidant. It’s all organic, and has other herbs in it which make it more flavorful, and less bitter, than plain green tea. It’s a bit pricier though.

Tags
green tea, tea