Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-20, 12:41 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

athletes intense stretch - old classical stretch

so dd's boyfriend's mom was telling everyone that since his sister didn't have symptoms everyone was fine. His sister who is a physician has repeatedly told her mom that's flat out wrong - so at least someone in that family has it together.

buzzer - we're going to do TG next Saturday. DD is not working, she was but the job was misrepresented so she quit (she's not an accountant and accountant's don't work for $12.50 /hr). I hear you on pilates and yoga - I have found that I don't need much of either for the same reason as you. I like Eoin but gave away his blissology - I actually did it one week but I'm never going to put yoga on a constant rotation. But I have like a million classical stretches which are not very different!!

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 05:45 AM  
Buzzer

Pilates on the Bosu... kinda done.
lots of shoveling... DONE.

We ended up with SIX dump truck loads of dirt. Six. All that have been touched by my shovel for sure. They'd deliver, DH would use the skid steer to get it into the garage area into a HUGE pile that is about 12 feet tall, and I was shoveling it to around the inside of the walls of the garage. The first load came about 9:45am so I started shoveling, LB and I took about 45 minutes to eat lunch about 1, then I shoveled until about 3:30 when LB went up to the lady up the street's house to play for a bit. I loaded the wheelbarrow with 12 scoops from my shovel for a bit, and wheeled it to the walls, however the mud was thick and slippery and the wheelbarrow was heavy and I was making all the "uck! noises when I was hitting and slipping mud. So I ended up just going to a pile of dirt and throwing the dirt as far as I could along the wall to fill the trench I needed to fill.

It was so much shoveling! I have never shoveled that much, and we have barely scratched the surface of what needs to be done. There are still two piles of dirt about 14 or 15 feet high (DH piled all he could into the garage since the skid steer is returned today) that need to be moved around the inside of the garage. He made a dirt ramp up to where our garage doors will be, and would go up the ramp and dump the dirt into the inside of the garage. There is so much dirt!

I did somehow drag my exhausted, dirty, smelly self to take LB to martial arts though. I signed her up last night, we are committing to 2-3 times a week. I told LB 3 times a week, however some weeks we may make 2 some 1, but we will always try for 3.

I woke up at 2:45am this morning because I heard something moving around in the attic. We are in the hills and get a surprisingly few amount of rodents, but there was definitely one in the attic this morning. Actually sounded more squirrel size, so I hope we don't have a squirrel or raccoon in the attic! Now I'm up. We ate late (8pm) because we got back from martial arts late, and I didn't drink much yesterday. My body is sore, my shoulders ache (don't need to finish my body beast week today for sure!), and I just felt icky. So I'm up.

Probably won't be able to nap since we have so much dirt, and more delivered today for the outside of the garage I'm sure I'll be shoveling.

Eventmom: Good for your daughter for leaving the job! I know when I was younger, I would have thought "well, at least it's a job" and done it anyhow. So good for her for not letting someone take advantage of her! Sad though, because if they think they will get a good accountant for $12.50 an hour from someone who isn't an accountant, they will probably pay for it in the long run when all the accounting mistakes are discovered!

I thought yesterday of pulling out a Classical Stretch, however I don't really like Miranda. I have to be in the mood for the workout and the person. We definitely would not be friends in real life, and if we were, I would enjoy her when we were together but not go out of my way to hang out with her. I have to be in the mood for sure. Her daughter? No way. I wouldn't even pretend to like her enough to spend time with her. I would rather hang out with Miranda.

Ebianco: I hope you are having a good week!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - did just joyce thighs and one round of butt when I got a call from a Ph.D. student that we had 2000 responses for a survey (which means $20000 - $18000 more than I had to spend). major problem. stopped the survey didn't get any more workout in. many of the responses are bogus but i don't know how I'm going to resolve the problem.
today - just joyce bra roll and boobs and arms.

buzzer - dd just couldn't do most of the work. she probably did good on what she could do but it would take her like 4 hours calling the accountants in LA to get one thing processed. Their big problem is the massive number of things she couldn't get to because she had no idea what they are doing so everything too way to long! She was willing to quit because of the stress is caused her and she hadn't expected to get a job right after the last film so she has savings but it's just stupid what they are doing.
I don't mind Miranda and Sahra - I guess I never thought about being friends with instructors. LOL!

hi ebianco!
Old 12-04-20, 08:34 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Chest and Triceps Build... DONE!
Body Beast Legs build... DONE!
Just stretches, also done.

I finally got back to body beast. It was good for me! I did chest and tris on Wednesday, and I can still feel my triceps!! I really pushed myself. I take my time as opposed to how fast sagi and his team go. I rest between sets, and push myself every set. When they go so fast between sets, I know they are doing like a drop down set, however I would rather push myself every set to the point of needing a break, rather than pushing myself kinda hard to the point of still being able to go.

I felt really good! The leg workout I went up in weight on my extensions and curls. I was able to do all the reps too! Last time I went up to this weight I did yesterday (45/50/55 pounds) I only got 6 reps on the last set. Yesterday I got all my reps!

My glutes are sore today, my triceps... and a little biceps. All good though.

Today will be a pilates or yoga day with a pilates or yoga I enjoy, not a voice over with nothing but 100's endlessly or sun salutations.

LB and I always do a cute Christmas card. this year, we were just stuck for ideas. We finally got a great idea on Wednesday, took the picture before bed, I sent it in to Costco on their website, and we picked it up YESTERDAY. That was amazing with the turnaround time!! Seriously, that's a game changer. I've always used an online service, now I can get the cards in less than 24 hours!

That was just really amazing to me. I think I haven't been in the modern times long enough!

So my friend and I were supposed to go to bible study last night. Neither of us felt like going. We are both having some struggles right now, so we decided to play hooky instead. Her husband was watching the kids, so we went and did a power walk at the mall and saw all the stores closed and the mall was DEAD. Like, maybe 50 people walking around. No kids. Santa was there just sitting by himself with a mask and plexiglass. It was just quiet and sad. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and walked around, which was fun! It was a great stress reliever, I got to spend time with my friend, the kids got to play, and her husband is none the wiser. It was well needed though.

Today we are meeting my sister to get some of her art for DH's shop, and hopefully getting some more school done. We are doing really well on getting all our lessons in the math book done before Christmas! I think it might be a little after Christmas when we are done, however it's a good feeling to be almost done with it! Then we will start on the new book.

LB is having her first recital on December 12. It's on Zoom, which I would rather not do. She has played for a group before on zoom, and it's pretty unexciting. She isn't too excited about it either. We will do it, LB suggested taking her violin to Bushia's (grandma's) house for Christmas and playing for everyone there instead. I agree that is a much better suggestion! More exciting and special to play for real people rather than by yourself on line. Interesting times.

Eventmom: I was just looking at my Joyce workouts the other day. I loved her! She cracked me up. Some of her workouts she moved WAY too fast for me though. I know that is her intention, however if I use weights light enough to match her speed I don't get a workout at all, but if I use weights heavy enough to get a workout, I can't match her speed. I do much better watching her, writing down the workout, and doing it myself. I guess like I do with Body Beast! HAHA! I can't do weight workouts with a video. I have to do them at my own pace apparently. When I get tired I slow down but keep going, and I have to adjust for past injuries and form. Sometimes I go faster, sometimes slower. So I guess Joyce isn't my only issue! She cracks me up though so I love her workouts. Maybe I'll pull one of hers out today. hmmmm..

Hi Ebianco! Have you heard anything on the promotion? I hope you are starting to take your days off now and can rest!!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-04-20, 01:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - Rael pilates intermediate + caribbean aerobics hi/lo
hey buzzer - no 100's in rael! but it was only okay. I do like his attention to detail but it overall seemed easier than Hilary's so I may try his advanced.
today - Just Joyce bra roll & boobs and arms.

buzzer - in general I do okay with Joyce's pace but I probably lift lighter than you LOL. I think that someone on VF there are break downs of most of her workouts, I printed out some once upon a time for travel I guess?

ebianco - hope all it is well!
Old 12-05-20, 07:11 AM  
Buzzer

MTV Pilates the purple one... DONE!

I like that this one is in sections. Abs, legs, upper body. It's like when you are done with abs, fine. We are done. Let's move on.

I pushed myself, but of course used my cheats. I put the ball behind my back so I don't have to cheat through my sticking point... so I cheated so I wouldn't have to cheat. I don't know if that's better or equal! It does save some strain on my neck so I will take that cheat over the other one. I also put my hands behind my knees on things like the teaser. I used to be able to do all these pilates moves, now I need assistance. I will be able to do them again, I have it as a goal! I want to be able to do the ab bracing right though, and if I don't do the cheats, my abs pop out and I know that isn't what I am supposed to be doing.

Today my abs are a little sore. Not crazy sore like I would like them to be after all that work, but a little sore. Hopefully I start seeing a difference soon! Sheesh, so much work for so little payoff. At least I am not gaining weight though. I keep thinking that. My workouts are at least keeping me where I am, even if I feel like I am in a fat suit all the time.

Yesterday LB and I went to meet my sister. It was a nice break. We did school when we got home (gotta get through those math lessons for sure!) so we were busy until about 5:30pm. when the Christmas lights outside turned on, most of them weren't on. We went out to investigate... Otis, our "puppy", has chewed a bunch of the lights. I am furious. He jumps on the fence to see people and dogs when they walk by, and apparently if there is Christmas lights hanging there, he chews them in pieces. This is a new thing just yesterday, and he chewed at least 4 strands that I know of, but more lights are out. It got too cold to stay out and deal with this mess so I just went inside and put him in his cage so I wouldn't say or do anything I would regret. I have about 100 strands of lights, I can't afford to have them all chewed up.

I was reading how I can stop him, and my only options are to put a bitter spray on them (we have 2.3 acres I have lights on about 1/2 our fence around the property), or find a way to keep him away from them. DH said to put him in a small fenced area, but I can't do that for the next month. I might just take down the lights. I don't know what to do. A lot of people in the 'hood love the lights, I love the lights, but I don't have the money to replace them all. I don't know why he went through his first year and a half and didn't chew anything, now suddenly he has chewed 3 pairs of my comfy shoes (I now only have one pair of shoes besides snow boots), two rugs and the Christmas lights.

I go through to look for answers, one is "he's bored. Give him something to do." Nope. He chewed my shoes even though there's toys everywhere, plus the big dog to play with. He chewed the lights while doing something else (jumping on the fence when walking with dogs and people), he did it just for fun.

He's just a jerk. He's cute, he's fuzzy and has a great personality, but he's a jerk.

Anyhow, I am beyond mad at the dog, I think Christmas shopping is done and DH is giving me crap for money spent, even though the gifts were for people in his life too, and things he will give to people personally. I haven't gone overboard, but he's making me feel like I have (I got $20 bottles of wine for $10, so I got enough to hand out to neighbors, I got activities for the kids since everything is cancelled so we can have the neighbor kids over for Christmas activity parties, M needed ballet clothes for her recital since she grew out of her old ones, she also needed a recital dress for Violin, plus regular Christmas presents.. plus we are going to a little private party animal rescue party tomorrow I had to buy tickets for). Anyhow, he's giving me crap, and then got mad when I said "wait. You are saying this, and you went out and bought a $150 hose!" The hose isn't supposed to freeze, then he left it THAT NIGHT HE BOUGHT IT hooked up to the house and it froze. (that did make me laugh, but I did not laugh so he could see) Apparently you have to empty the hose, then it won't freeze. Um, isn't that any hose? I don't get it.

Anyhow, enough of my talking. I am just frustrated, annoyed, mad, a little down... just all around in a bad mood. Now I'm also probably oversharing, but it's good to get that off my chest.

So today I will probably go back to Body Beast back and bis. my body is pleasantly sore still in all my parts I have worked so far this week. I bought some flour at the European market and am going to see if I bake with it, if I swell up like I do with regular flour. It was more expensive, everything is written in another language, so I have no idea if it's regular flour or not. It smells like flour and looks like flour. I have heard European flours don't have the high gluten of American flour, so I am going to try it. Maybe I can eat some cookies this Christmas season and still be able to take my rings off and not look 9 months pregnant! That would be a huge blessing.

Eventmom: I looked at a clip of the Rael Pilates. It goes slow like I would like! However he's a little grabby with the ladies, isn't he! I'm not sure I'd like it. I might try his group class where he did a presentation first. I am always looking to expand my collection, even though I haven't expanded it since I got the 2 Firm workouts before the summer! Just not a lot out there anymore. I like how the workout looks though, I am just not sure about Rael himself!

Ebianco: Hi! Hope you are doing well!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-05-20, 03:32 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

just joyce thighs and butt. all of it. full pyramid thighs, 3 rounds of butt.

actually rode a horse today! the sun is out!

buzzer - I have no idea how I'd deal with my dog chewing wire! that's so much to try to cover with something to deter him. I had dog chew up a folder with some of my dissertation data in it. I yelled at him, chased him out the front door, he ran around the car in the driveway, and huddled in a corner and peed himself. I was that mad, I literally scared the piss out of him (fortunately he chewed the corner of the envelope and the actual data was okay but it took > 4 hours for each observation so I was legit angry).

sorry about the money stress. We used to have problem in that dh thought whatever the total for his 3 family members, that is how much I should spend on my family which was like 10-12 counting steps and nieces and nephews... ah okay so you family all get nice say $50 gifts and I have to find 10-15 gifts that total $150 and not be total crap? better now I've given up on nieces and nephews.
Rael has several workouts on youtube. He does go slow, I didn't really mind his interaction with the woman on the DVD, he seemed very focused on form and I would guess they are probably trainers who work with him and know him well. On the rare occasion a yoga teacher would manual adjust my form it was very helpful and I appreciated it so I guess I look at it that way.

here's one just rael : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooVv1uzJY4

here he leads a class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkii...Kb-6g&index=24

ok so I guess I got into youtube searching, here's one just him called mellow yellow moves nice and slow lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRuJ...Kb-6g&index=13

way to much rael I'm sure !! but I've been getting rid of DVDs when I find the workout on youtube and it's helped me clear out my collection.

hi Ebianco! hope you have a good weekend!
Old 12-05-20, 05:14 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday,

I had a really bad week earlier this week, I was not chosen for the job I interviewed for which is fine (if a little disappointing) but work became extremely chaotic and stressful and I became so stressed I made myself physically sick. In fact, after my planned rest days on Monday and Tuesday, I took TWO unplanned rest days on Wednesday and Thursday. And I needed them. Even when I got back to working out yesterday, I still felt really worn down. Thankfully I have another 5 days off of work (Thursday through Monday) and I really should become less stressed at work starting now until the end of the month. I have many days off this month so I hope to make the most of it in terms of relaxing (my main priority), eating healthier, which I have the last couple of days, and exercise.

Yesterday I did Fitprime Crunch Time the original with Susan. I love this workout almost as much as the re-do with Tamela and the cardio is all different in this one, it's all 4-limb in this one where it's high low in the remake. And I think there's an extra tune in this one that isn't in the remake. Anyway, I wasn't expecting it to be too hard, but because I was run down, it took a lot of energy! It was great but I'm glad I didn't try to do anything harder.

I got a huge haul from Mary's sale with a lot of Cathe DVDs and today I did Strong and Sweaty series PHA. I guess this would be PHA 1, I already have PHA 2 from the LITE series which is easier as expected, and PHA 3 from the Step Boss series which was very advanced. The reviews indicated this one was on the easier side, but it really worked me today. In fact, I wanted to quit halfway through the abs. With that said, I don't know if it was really that hard or I'm still feeling rundown (although I feel much more relaxed than a few days ago).

Tomorrow I'll finish my workout week with cardio and pure barre.

Eventmom I think I remember Hillary's moved at a decent pace, a lot of pilates workouts spend too much time on positioning and instruction (I know it's a precise exercise but still if you've done the workout a bunch of times) and not fast enough between exercises. That's mostly why I've kept the 10 Minute Solution pilates workouts (especially Lara), she has the perfect balance of instruction and let's get to the point LOL.

Buzzer I am right there with you feeling stressed out lately. I believe your'e right about the hoses, don't they all freeze if there's water in them? It doesn't sound like you went overboard on the gifts at all! Especially since he is also benefitting from handing them out to his people.

The mall sounded so depressing, LOL. I haven't seen any santas up, but there's definitely people out shopping, a lot more than I've seen in months, when I walk into any store now.

Did I mention we just got a new puppy? Another stressor even though she's adorable Did I mention we already had three little dogs and a big dog? And two birds. Now this is a fifth dog (a little dog). Our three adult little dogs all prefer me, so we are trying to get the puppy to prefer him. I think it's working. And gives me space to spend with my three away from the puppy. She is very sweet though accident prone, just got an abscess in her eye from an accident (we don't know what happened). so vet bills. She wants to chew a lot but thankfully not on electrical cords..yet That would be extremely annoying and exasperating!! Is he really a year and a half already? I can't believe it's been that long already!
Old 12-06-20, 07:21 AM  
Buzzer

body beast back and bis... DONE!
Way too much shoveling... DONE!

I did back and bis. This one always makes my biceps sore, and it did this time too. I pushed myself, rested between sets, and by the last set of biceps which is like a wide bicep curl, I was really struggling but did it!

then I did something that I shouldn't have, I shoveled for a few hours. Moving dirt inside the garage to try to get it done. DH left the house at like 8am and said he was going to Home Depot for something. By about 3pm, he still wasn't home. I figured (correctly) he went to his shop. About noon I started shoveling dirt, and shoveled off and on until about 4pm. DH got home about 4:15ish. I was just mentally and physically finished! I cleaned the house a bit, and made fish sticks for dinner because I was so tired. This morning I opened the microwave to put something in, and there was a bag of broccoli. I said "Oh! that's right. I made broccoli last night too." I guess that'll be breakfast!

My arms, chest, back, abs, legs... all my parts are sore. I slept like crap. I went to bed at 8pm, and woke up at 1:30am and have been awake since feeling so achey!! I know I have to shovel again today to get this done. We also have the rescue Christmas party today, so at least I will get a 2 hour (plus drive time) break.

DH suggested renting a skid steer for a month, getting dirt delivered constantly, and moving it with the skid steer. I think that would get this done faster than shovel full by shovel full. In all that time I shoveled, I only got a few inches of dirt laid down on the foundation inside the garage that's about 12" wide. At this rate, we will have the garage done in about 20 years. I am disappointed that we didn't get it done in time to have a kid Christmas party in it.

A neighbor who is a really good friend stopped by and talked to DH to encourage him and give him ideas. He is a project manager and handy man, and built his own house in like 8 months. Not just built, but built. Himself. Very little help. So anyhow, he stopped by. DH afterwards told me he's "tired of people being angry he's not done with the garage" and I asked.... so who? He said "people" I said "like me?" of course, he said "No." "So your friend?" "No." Ok.... so who is angry? people have no skin in the game. I don't understand.

Anyhow, then he started talking about the skid steer and getting it done, so I guess the friend did some good for me for sure! I will give him two bottles of wine!!

He's also talking about getting heat tape to wrap around the unfreezable hose so it doesn't freeze. This still makes no sense to me.

So I am dying sore, didn't sleep well, woke up too early, and luckily only have 2 hours of my day (if I skip church) that I have something committed. So I can nap if I need to. I will probably use my workout time to stretch.

Eventmom: There's always things that bug me when I preview a workout that I don't even notice when I do the workout. Might be one of them. I will check out the YouTubes! I like how slow he goes. That's what I need in pilates. I hate the ones that do some reps at a decent pace, then suddenly you have to do 8 reps super fast and I can't in a million years of trying, go that fast with decent form. I'll have to give him a fair chance and try a workout with him!! No 100's is something that definitely gets my attention!

What is with DH's and the Christmas thing? I am the one that does all the shopping and cards, so I really think if he has issue with it, he can do it himself. I bet he would spend twice what I do!! I'm glad he doesn't spend anything on his family except his brother, otherwise I bet he'd think the same as yours.

So I dealt so far with the chewing by taking all of the lights and wrapping them as tight as I could around the top rail of the fence. I had some of them swagged, which is what the puppy was chewing on. So I rolled them all up and hope he leaves them alone. Yesterday I turned them on during the day, hoping that if he does chew them he will get a little zap as a deterrent. He didn't chew any new ones yesterday, so I'll see if my plan works!!

Ebianco: I know! The puppy was born August 18, 2019, so he's maybe a little under a year and a half. It doesn't seem like we've had him that long! He's been expensive just like your puppy. Our big dog is 150 pounds, the little one is about 80 now. We have a teeny tiny house and it's funny how I always lose those giant dogs!! We have maybe 1300 square feet. I will seriously step over the 150 pound dog and then ask LB "Is the dog in the house?"

I ask DH all the time when we can get a third akita. I love these guys! I love that you have so many dogs. The older dog definitely prefers me, the puppy I think prefers DH. They both love LB, but she's another puppy to them. The big dog will always come sit by me wherever I am, which I think is why I don't notice him anymore. I am constantly stepping over him. I prefer him too, so I guess we are just gonna be buddies!

Sorry about the job. There's something out there for you! So disappointing though I'm sure. I'm glad you are getting your time off now, just relax and enjoy.

Strangely, there is NO ONE out shopping. At all. I went to Costco on Black Friday (forgetting it was Black Friday) and there was less people there than there is on a regular weekday. When I got back to my car, I remembered it was Black Friday and thought "well that was weird". I have yet to wait in a line of more than 1 or 2 people. usually there's people everywhere, to the point that I avoid shopping after Thanksgiving. This year, it hasn't even phased me. I am glad to hear people are out where you are, because there's no one out here!! I'm sure they've all padded the Amazon guys pockets instead

Today is drink water, stretch, and maybe take a nap day. I'm sure it's also shoveling day, which I need to psyche myself up for. I need a few days of nothing and no one. That's not gonna happen, but it sounds amazing!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 12-07-20, 01:49 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - sara ivanhoe yoga - part of her on the edge dvd but I found it on youtube, and 30 min youtube simone de la rue cardio.
today - 30 min essentrics stretch

so we finally did thanksgiving dinner with dd and her bf. We had a good time. She went through more stuff in her room, donate some, toss some. all helpful.

buzzer - if I had to be in charge of all the cooking I'm sure I'd find broccoli in the microwave the next day too! fortunately, DH is a good cook, I do something, he does others. we have a meal plan for the week which helps quite a bit and we grocery shop once a week. glad you dh got a machine to move the dirt! glad the lights are safe for now.

ebianco - sorry about the job! I'm sure it's disappointing, but hopefully it will still lead to something good in the long run. I like the hilary dvd, it's not too fast or too slow. I've kept her advanced one as her's are not on youtube and the dvds are hard to find. congrats on the new puppy, that's a lot of dogs! we've never had more than 2. but 5 horses at once for a time somehow that seems more understandable to me LOL.