Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-21-20, 03:30 PM  
moonbeam31

What Happened to.....??

What ever happened to The Firm? I just bought a handful of the older dvds from www.thriftbooks.com. what happened to all of them? After Gaiam took over, it seems they "disbanded." I know they were churning out dvds towards the "end" Does anyone follow Allie Del Rio or Emily or anyone else?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-20, 06:05 PM  
kat999

The FIRM is no more. There is still a gym presence in South Carolina called The Flex, but they've changed ownership and locations and they're no longer run by anyone you'd recognize from a FIRM video.

- Alison Davis McLain still teaches fitness classes at a gym in SC.
- Allie Del Rio offers online dance classes, for a fee.
- Emily Welsh has a Facebook group where you can stream online workouts (also for a fee).

I think several of the older instructors still teach yoga some places. Susan Harris is active on a FIRM Facebook group and sometimes posts little fitness videos on FB Live. Tracie Long is still making videos under her own name. Stephanie Huckabee is semi-retired at the moment.

Alison, Allie, Emily, and Rebekah Sturkie did a post-FIRM workout series called BeMAX that is available streaming on FitFusion, which is one of the platforms owned by Jillian Michaels. They're harder than FIRM workouts and shorter, but the idea of them is that you can string several together if you want (they run from about 8 minutes to 45 minutes and include HIIT, strength, pilates, barre, and at least one yoga sequence). I like them, but I do think they're a LOT harder and not quite as FIRM-esque as I would like.
Old 07-21-20, 06:23 PM  
firmaniac

After Emily's FLEX gym closed, FIRM instructor Jennifer Magnum and her husband opened a new gym, which has since closed. Anna Benson's online site is still up, and offers Classic titles via streaming and some hard copy sales. Stephanie Huckabee is an education professional now, and hasn't starred in a dvd since her Daniel Plan venture. Tracie Long owns a studio in Charleston SC still. I'm one of the administrators in a FIRM Facebook group, and it is always a thrill when the instructors drop in. Seeing them still fit, branching out, teaching privately, and happy to be remembered is motivating and heartwarming.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 12:01 PM  
moonbeam31

Thanks guys for the info!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 01:00 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info! I was just looking at The Firm DVD’s on Amazon. I still love those workouts!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 02:30 AM  
Scorpio6

Bumping
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 03:06 PM  
TinaT

I found the answers to the questions I just posted about the FIRM, The FLex, etc. I wonder what Susan Harris is up to.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 08:10 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I found the answers to the questions I just posted about the FIRM, The FLex, etc. I wonder what Susan Harris is up to.
There's a FIRM FB group and she is a member and sometimes replies to people. She still looks great and I think is happy being a grandma.
Old 01-15-23, 02:51 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I went in to get a pizza the other day and met the twin (albeit about 20 years younger) of Susan Harris. It was exciting to see her because I felt like I was meeting Susan.

This girl (Michelle) had never heard of the FIRM and was pretty amazed when I showed her a picture of Susan on Vol. 1. She had a few questions about Susan’s age and the FIRM. It was fun. I almost started a thread here on meeting instructors and/or their look a-likes.
Old 01-16-23, 10:31 AM  
Dabbadooey

Rebekah Sturkie teaches fitness classes at Brick house gym in Columbia. Pam Cauthen teaches yoga at Tribe Yoga and Rooted Yoga both in Columbia. She also conducts yoga teacher trainings.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything the firm, firm history, firm instructors, rebekah sturkie, stupid titles, the firm, whfn