Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-05-20, 06:28 AM  
Cher

My sister made it through her last radiation treatment. Yay! Now it’s a waiting game. Apparently it works over time. They will call and check in on her in 2 weeks and if she’s doing okay, she will get an MRI to se what’s happening in March. Hopefully it’ll be shrinking. She also has to start back on those pills that she used to take which keeps her cancer away. (She had to take a break from them last year because they were making her so sick). Obviously, since it came back when she stopped taking them for a long period, she needs to get back on them.

Waves to everyone and thanks for all your kind words and thoughts and prayers!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 09:32 AM  
fanofladyvols

T2B what a sweet thing to say..thank you

amg I LOVE that plan!!...We'll buy a bunch to live off while we hibernate in a no buying challenge! I'll feel like my chipmunks scurrying across my lawn furiously digging and hiding workouts

Char hah! I dare YOU to scour ebay and buy the best bargains available!!

Cher thanks for the update on your sis. Sending stay strong wishes to you!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 08:30 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I lost my sense of taste on Monday, and was awake all night with a killer headache. Still had the headache on Wednesday, so I had a rapid covid test done. It was negative and my taste came back, so I'm monitoring for symptoms, staying 6 feet away from people and meticulously wearing a mask (which I always did at work). I still don't feel great.
I'm getting on the treadmill tonight finally.
Cher, congratulations to your sister. I hope it works well
Char, you can find great bargains on anything on ebay! I have to limit my time on there...
AnMrsDe, you are lucky to have such nice weather! I hope it holds out for you.
Beth, I've never had a bone density scan. I should ask about one of those. I'm taking vitamin D religiously because mine is always low.
Dontmindthemess, congrats on your new job. I can't make myself workout in the morning, so I always do after work.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 10:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Cher, sending prayers and {{{hugs}}} to you and your sister.

Chrys - uh oh, I hope you stay out of the woods.

Jane and Tangerine it's wonderful to hear some good news for a change this year!

Beth I wish you the best with Reclast. I'm on the borderline and this is a whole new world of scary. Please let us know how you make out with any side effects or good outcomes, fingers crossed.

Waves to everyone! I hope you all enjoy the end of your weekends.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 11:27 AM  
fanofladyvols

Chrys hope you feel better as you muscle through whatever it is that hit you!!

Mell
I LOVE your red green posts!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-20, 04:00 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Cher Here’s hoping that your sister tolerates that medication better than the last time she took it I’m sure you’re really worried about her.

AnMrsDe It’s all panty hose all the time!! I swear that the best thing about lockdown was no pantyhose. Someday I’ll get my dream job at my local garden center and come to work everyday in an old beat up pair of Vans, but until then I’ll be squeezing into those support hose My new job is at a different place and all the paperwork is done on this shift, so I’m learning all that and I’m totally buried right now. I’ll catch on eventually.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend! It’s starting to feel Christmasy!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 07:16 AM  
Cher

Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts for my sister. Surprisingly my cousin came home from the hospital yesterday! They finally got rid of his blood infection and took out his gallbladder - not sure what that had anything to do with what was wrong with him but he seems to be doing better. He is very week from being in the hospital for 2 months but since he lives with my aunt & uncle they’re helping him get up and move a bit and just glad he is home.

Chrys, You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better now.

Jane, I’m a natural worrier and my sister tries not to worry about much. My sister always tells people that she doesn’t have to worry about things because I worry enough for her. Her boyfriend sent me a text after her last treatment (he took her to it). He said your sister is tough! After they got back to his house, she drove herself back home instead of staying at his. (They live an hour apart). Anyway he said she had him on her speaker phone in her car and preceded to tell him what they’re plans were going to be for the next 5 days!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Cher - that is awesome that your sister has such a positive outlook! And, I'm glad your cousin is home.

Chrys - are you feeling any better?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 05:40 PM  
AnMrsDe

Cher, great news about your sister and cousin!!

Chrys, feel better! (Seems like I'm always telling you that lately!)

Jane, aack, the dreaded pantyhose on a full-term basis!! That would probably also mean wearing the dreaded heels to go with them and not your comfy Vans! I'm sure you'll do just fine in learning the new job. It'll be an adjustment with the time changes and all, but I'm sure you'll find a way to stick in those Yvette's and Penny's!! Good job taking naps when you needed the extra sleep too, but that'll be what weekends are for for awhile!

Today is my mom's 91st birthday! I picked them up and brought them to my house for a change in scenery. I picked up lunch and streamed their Christmas program from their church on my TV and they really enjoyed the day.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 07:44 PM  
Jewels5

Hi All! I would love to join in if you don't mind...

7) Ripped with Hiit Two
8) PHA Training
9) Rockout Knockout
10) Ripped with Hiit Two

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts